Sign in to follow this  
Wilson

Some Ideas To Improve Gameplay

Hey, I was playing this, got to 180 and thought to myself... this is so similar to another server in the past I played that was VERY fun.

Some things I noticed so far that would make the 80+ ppl that are on.. play more together vs alone (this is MMO right? yes and the "pvp/duel comments are laughable")

In my opinion... in every other server whether it was HB int, usa, cele, united, you name it. It always had a key element... leveling/hunting/item properties.

Leveling here is very boring (Warrior to D2 cyc pit, mage to skele/garden)

I remember the fun times of ww pits, ogres, stalkers, and etc etc :( we should promote that... so that not everyone is just lining up for the D2 cyc pit for majestics... I know the guilds hunt in IB and all but it would encourage so much more raiding into ML instead of heading straight for town to find 5 ppl running to wh/shop.. the same 5.

I think something is also weird when you paralyze a warrior and have 2 mages blizz, 4 warriors critting/zerked and manage to do this 6 times that he would still walk from one side of town to the other.... typing and mocking lol.

Recall should have a cooldown timer

I think the culprit is the dark knight armors... it helps make damage to warriors and mages both very little. :) I know some of these issues have been brought up too many times but if everyone thinks this is wrong... there should be a small change to see.

Recall should have a cooldown time.

I have always hated the delay recall has, sometimes 2 mages hit 2 blizzes and do over 180dmg and the recall still is in affect and the guy walks away with a fly in enemy town. Although dkset is indeed pretty strong in def, I actually think it's not wise to change it's effect. Sure I suppose it would make pvp better?faster battles, but pve/hunt would be too hard in many ways. Especially for starting players.

I see you got good interest in making server better to play and get more ppl, but a the end of the day GMs thinks mages must be always overpowered and they cannot be killed 1v1 vs a war. Server is empty of rare items cuz theres not pits of bigs mobs (ettins, liches, MMO). To find these npc you must go into their respective maps and kill what you find cuz theres no pits. Now with this daily 1 perm hour of raid people dont go train even on week cuz ares/elvs are raiding all pits everyday and new players get sick of getting killed one time after another. I think is time for GMs to put things back like old days (just disable 1 hour raid). Lv 180 at barracks is ok since we need a lot of players and the ones that joined are happy they dont need to go lvling 2-3 weeks like old days. I support you with your ideas but i dont have my hopes too high since i asked for this things since i joined server :)

yeah cuz i remembered servers before that made it fun was these ideas. i dont really care that warrior can't kill mage 1 v 1... but 6 v 1 and no death is kinda off... lol either way, i guess we will see what improves and enjoy as we can.

as for Jos's reply... yes dk set offers good hunting dmg reduce... but i've seen successful hunts without dk set, like i said, it encourages more mages to heal and more warriors to actually hit the monster... not have 3 ppl hunt hc or something.

Edited by Wilson

The pa on dk armor needs to be fixed. This has been a problem for along time. It's just a matter of time b4 they lower the pa on dk.

I see you got good interest in making server better to play and get more ppl, but a the end of the day GMs thinks mages must be always overpowered and they cannot be killed 1v1 vs a war. Server is empty of rare items cuz theres not pits of bigs mobs (ettins, liches, MMO). To find these npc you must go into their respective maps and kill what you find cuz theres no pits. Now with this daily 1 perm hour of raid people dont go train even on week cuz ares/elvs are raiding all pits everyday and new players get sick of getting killed one time after another. I think is time for GMs to put things back like old days (just disable 1 hour raid). Lv 180 at barracks is ok since we need a lot of players and the ones that joined are happy they dont need to go lvling 2-3 weeks like old days. I support you with your ideas but i dont have my hopes too high since i asked for this things since i joined server :)

Forreal they way it is now they should rename the server "Helbreath boring". Super low drop rate. Super high pa and life. No one dies no one finds items, Boring.

Edited by Iowa

Forreal they way it is now they should rename the server "Helbreath boring". Super low drop rate. Super high pa and life. No one dies no one finds items, Boring.

Some of the rares we love hb for couldn't be found throughout this server's entire lifespan. Droprate here just hasn't allowed them to drop. No, instead they were handed out in events and then viciously bought by one another. And then of course all the rares that haven't been handed out yet.

Dkset + Mshield + Tower = Hb Boring

Recall needs either a cool down time or a hit-free pending time to take effect.

These are my issues/suggestions with Hb Nemesis. Hopefully this is spark some other ideas and actions.

Edited by ulez

haha if those ideas you talk about are changed... i will not complain forevever, that would be godlike to this incredible reputable server name.

if anyone here played Celestial or Archiac or of the like... the reason they were successful was cuz of the diversity of items as well as limits to each build. Here... there is only really two cookie cutter builds unless you're stacked... 200str/130str or mage.

also another factor was... no matter how stacked the items were... ppl still died... fast lol :) esp after paralyze

Edited by Wilson

I see this these days like HB-Mage, get fh mage or get old trying to get fh war. Mage = yes we can, Wars= no you cant :excl: something like that.

We are discussing these things (staff are), but you have to realise that major change is 1. Scary and can make or break a server and 2. Can be pretty difficult to do right.

I have my own views about these things, and some plans that I'd like to see - just gotta be patient and wait for the updates (more are coming).

I see this these days like HB-Mage, get fh mage or get old trying to get fh war. Mage = yes we can, Wars= no you cant :excl: something like that.

i got fh war with gamny in 2 months

when i was itemless

just emmy ring ma 15 shield and ma 12 chain

:)

that is a completely different time, yes you can get fh war if theres noobs running around that arent 180 and there were alot more people playing in those days.

I also think that there should be more events, as of lately it seems like there have been small events, nothing really big in the past 2 weeks or so. Maybe I just missed them.

Good ideas man! I hope the GMs are reading this! :D

The dk set needs a pa fix or be removed. Ppl asking for the dk set to be fixed is all over the forum, almost every thread in suggestions is a complaint about how messed up the pa is on dk set.

Good ideas man! I hope the GMs are reading this! :D

We read all the topics in the Suggestions forum, even if we don't respond.

Some of us also read every single topic in the forum. :ph34r:

Ive behave very well this year, didnt have any problems with my elvine brothers, and i did bothered ares big time. Hope Santa dont forget my abh hp35 this year cuz lag made me loose abh rep5. Ive been saving many candies for him and hes ruddy friends ^_^ .

Hey, I was playing this, got to 180 and thought to myself... this is so similar to another server in the past I played that was VERY fun.

Some things I noticed so far that would make the 80+ ppl that are on.. play more together vs alone (this is MMO right? yes and the "pvp/duel comments are laughable")

In my opinion... in every other server whether it was HB int, usa, cele, united, you name it. It always had a key element... leveling/hunting/item properties.

Leveling here is very boring (Warrior to D2 cyc pit, mage to skele/garden)

I remember the fun times of ww pits, ogres, stalkers, and etc etc :( we should promote that... so that not everyone is just lining up for the D2 cyc pit for majestics... I know the guilds hunt in IB and all but it would encourage so much more raiding into ML instead of heading straight for town to find 5 ppl running to wh/shop.. the same 5.

I think something is also weird when you paralyze a warrior and have 2 mages blizz, 4 warriors critting/zerked and manage to do this 6 times that he would still walk from one side of town to the other.... typing and mocking lol.

Recall should have a cooldown timer

I think the culprit is the dark knight armors... it helps make damage to warriors and mages both very little. :) I know some of these issues have been brought up too many times but if everyone thinks this is wrong... there should be a small change to see.

Agreed with most of your ideas.

There's armor that has very high pa, is unstrippable, and un breakable, and everyone gets it for FREE. How is that a good idea? How does that make the server funner? And you can get a tower shield with high pa from the bs for nothing. The only way to get MA or MR is to find or trade for hard to get statted mr, ma items. And you get pa items for free and from the bs, How is that fair?!?! I think we should change the DK set to having 50% MA for awhile so mages can see how it ruins the game. See how you work hard for good items and still do crap dmg to every noob that can type /dkset. The DK set might have worked when it was hard to get 180. But with high barracks exp, everyone is 180. Why would u change to fast lvling and not change the 180 armor, How is that a good idea? How is it fair that one blizz can do up to 300 dmg, and everyone get's a high *censored* pa set for free?? How are wars supposed to compete with that?

There's armor that has very high pa, is unstrippable, and un breakable, and everyone gets it for FREE. How is that a good idea? How does that make the server funner? And you can get a tower shield with high pa from the bs for nothing. The only way to get MA or MR is to find or trade for hard to get statted mr, ma items. And you get pa items for free and from the bs, How is that fair?!?! I think we should change the DK set to having 50% MA for awhile so mages can see how it ruins the game. See how you work hard for good items and still do crap dmg to every noob that can type /dkset. The DK set might have worked when it was hard to get 180. But with high barracks exp, everyone is 180. Why would u change to fast lvling and not change the 180 armor, How is that a good idea? How is it fair that one blizz can do up to 300 dmg, and everyone get's a high *censored* pa set for free?? How are wars supposed to compete with that?

dont be a noob

i will fight you..

i use war you use mages

i will prove you wrong

Ever since hb neme2 went to high exp I've been begging for staff to change the pa on DK sets or removing them.... and add some sort of recall cooldown (not necessarily 10sec, but even 5 or 4 sec).

These two things have been bugging me for a long long time.

DK set was a great invention when it first came to hellbreath when it still was exp x1... but now as every1 gets it, it just makes things awfully boring and since you can get easily max lvl char, I dont even think dk set is necessary... besides theres manufacturing!

Couple of months ago I played some Estonian server with my fellow guildmembers (Survivors)... That server had no dk armors at all, but it had dk weapons and I can tell you it was awesome!

Hunting tw's / hc's was not a problem since you could easily get to 180lvl...

Besides here in nemesis we have barrack high exp settings you can make a tank character in like couple of hours and u never have to worry bout hunting even if u wear regular kni set.

I know farjat wants to keep helbreath close to the original HB, but maybe thats exactly what made people leave helbreath, they got bored.

Now nemesis is losing alot of players, dont you think we should try something new?

Edited by Ruutu / Risti

a mage with no dk set in mass fights is an easy ek..

probably that server u played had 20 players and no1 cared