Sign in to follow this  
khelben

Obscure Question

Ok I have another one of my pet theories (ok now is the time for people to start scratching their head on where I am going with this)

I do need one question answered

I know the Max for a stat is 200

and if you add a Maxed out str angel it can go up to 210

but what else can add strength to you and hypothetically what is the max.

Which rings / Necklaces / Armor? / Weapons?

I know I been away from the game too long use to be I could tell people which items I am asking about but I figured with about 3 years or 2.5 years of rust on me things may have changed a bit,

There is a good reason I am asking this because there is a Game mechanic I want to see if I can break from inside the game. :ph34r:

Weapon Speed : for every 13 str you go up one step on weapon speed, If the speed of a weapon and your speed match you swing normal if your below the speed of the weapon your slow but if your above the speed your fast.

10 str = weapon speed 0

13 str = Weapon Speed 1

26 str = Weapon Speed 2

39 str = Weapon Speed 3

52 str = Weapon Speed 4

65 str = Weapon Speed 5 Flam start

78 str = Weapon Speed 6

91 str = Weapon Speed 7

104 str = Weapon Speed 8

117 str = Weapon Speed 9

130 str = Weapon Speed 10 Flam max Giant sword start

143 str = Weapon Speed 11

156 str = Weapon Speed 12 Giant sword max Blackshadow sword start

169 str = Weapon Speed 13

182 str = Weapon Speed 14 Black Shadow sword max

195 str = Weapon Speed 15 BBH - assumed Start Speed also listed max 15(200~195)

208 str = Weapon Speed 16

221 str = Weapon Speed 17 <----- Hypothetical BBH Max

What Combo of gear would be needed to hit 221 STR?

Assuming that Speed Factor is programed Logically and the bonuses do follow True then this would mean that the BBH can go as fast as a flam with the right gears.

I know angel can get to +10

Ring: ?????

Neck: ?????

Also can you drain off the excess points in cha using majestics, say taking it from 10 down to 1.

Ok scratch your noodles on this one Khelben brought up a doozy of a couple obscure questions.

Angels are the only way to increase stats.

Rings and necks only add damage.

And no, you can't lower any stat to something lower than 10 (base).

was afraid of that, but then it does get you thinking....

typical of me looking for in game ways to break things....

Nimda[GM] found a way to create angels that gave some odd number of stat points, like 37 or something like that. But that was Nemesis 1. Not sure how he did it.

However, if I remember correctly - weapon speeds are actually measured at full swing speeds. Therefore, this would mean the lower the listed weapon speed in the blacksmith, the faster the weapon swings.

This means daggers swing fastest (without checking) and bigger weapons swing slower.

Actually that was a bug when angels first came out, they did not subtract when taken off by switching between two angels if a stat went over 234 to 235 the character was locked out... and I had locked poor Khelben many a times trying to help scat and crew discover and fix that bug.

Weapon speed never has worked correctly IMHO due to at 130 str a flam and a dagger are at the same speed (test it out) when the dagger is suppose to be at least 10x faster at that point.

The only weapon that does not follow correctly is the bbh. all the rest hit top speed at their max stat. the bbh on the other hands never hits speed.

If weapon speed worked correctly then you would have 208 str warriors ripping open dk sets like a tin can with daggers. and then weapon choice would not be Giant sword, Hero sword flam or BBH it would be what you wanted the char to use.

Nope, I'm not talking about that bug. I'm saying he made an angel that added 37 stat points.

Angel STR+37

It might have been a different number however, as it's been years since I've seen it.

Nope, I'm not talking about that bug. I'm saying he made an angel that added 37 stat points.

Angel STR+37

It might have been a different number however, as it's been years since I've seen it.

If i remember right when we added angles you could go up alot higher in the + of them thats how nimda gm did it but that was a bug which was fixed :)

About the BBH:

200~195 examplained:

200 = minimum strength to equip the weapon

195 = minimum strength to full swing the weapon

You full swing a BBH at str 195, but cannot equip it unless you have 200 strength.

It's sorta funny to see stuff like that, but that's the way it is.

You cannot "drain" stat points below 10 using majestic points.