Sign in to follow this  
Stang

M Shield Wand (require Int)

Ok so as any person who has played a warior probbly knows that warrior vs warrior is terrible, Takes for ever to kill each other in pvps, not even 2 mention that all a warior has to do is put on m shield wand and tower and he can survivor just about any amount of warriors.

I think to help improve the warrior vs warrior fighting the m shield wand should have a int requirment 2 be able 2 hold, maybe 125+ or maybe more int. I believe this will improve this games pvp dramaticly

I also believe Dk armor defence/dr needs 2 be lowered as well.

it is possible to kill a full dk warr who has mshield+tower on.

helbreath is not like street fighter, which is 1 v 1 and u dont wear armor. helbreath involves alot of ppl at once, be it raiding or hunting. im sure with mass ppl ard u can kill just about any1 wearing anything.

i think m shield is more annoying vs a mage, than vs a war

if u put int limit, mages would still use it, besides tanking in hunts would be terrible

i think m shield is more annoying vs a mage, than vs a war

if u put int limit, mages would still use it, besides tanking in hunts would be terrible

truth

a mage with dk set, tower, m shield, df30 is a tank lol

I am going to poison the drinking water of the next person to say "this is not street fighter, its not a 1v1 game" 1v1 SHOULD BE POSSIBLE. 1v1 is an aspect of the game, as is group fights, u make what you want of the game. On your suggestion, this is VERY true, warriors pvping warriors is next to pointless. However, I do not think the problem lies is mshield, mshields are a little bit overpowered, but the main aspect is DK. Dk sets have way too much pa and defense, causing the gross imbalance among the classes. I can go into several different reasons that cause the imbalance, but I am really not going to waste my time cause nothing will be down.

Heres a little recap of problems I have seen causing imbalance between mages and wars.

- HP has been decreased, which on the surface seems ok, but when a mage is using dk+8 or higher, with ROGM *not that rare* they can hit around 400 damage, 2 direct blizzes and nearly any warrior will die. Even if the warrior is PFM'd, 2 mages spamming blizz is more than enough to cause that warrior to chug pots.

-Para time. 15 seconds? By the time you actually para the individual, spike, do whatever is necessary that individual only has about 12 seconds of para to evade death. If it is a fair numbered fight, unless you catch someone in a leather with para, they will not die. I HIGHLY suggest you make para 25 seconds. Why? para used to be 45 seconds and it was fine... Why was it ok? Para is in no way hard to evade *1x1 spell, can cast in firewall, time your amp*, and even if you do get parad, it is VERY easy to get out of.

- Lower DK pa/def, clearly overpowered, not much else to say, it ruins warrior v warrior, and causes the gross imbalance between classes.

-Mshield is 2 powerful and 2 common.

Mmm...if u are in 1 vs 1 ( pvp ) u talk with the other and say " dont ms shield/tower " and done!! its fight 1 vs 1, the pvp rulez are = no tower no pfm ? ok, use that rulez !!

if in ur back u have like 10 ares its obvious u run with msshield and tower... i dont have problem with that, but if u fight with other and they use ms shield and tower when he going down and dont fight with " honour " its not your problem..some wars or mages fight till the end others recall or run with ms shield and tower...

Im sorry about your argument is.... sincerely flawed. Thats if the other person agrees to PvP, if they dont they are unkillable, to wars atleast.

I am going to poison the drinking water of the next person to say "this is not street fighter, its not a 1v1 game"

roflmao im not drinking water from the tap anymore.

if your gonna do that take out m shield for good

try to pvp mage that used tower and m shield, much harder and lame

but then again its part of the game

get a mage with mpset and just msheild all the time imo. its practically dk set on its own.

a mage who always uses msheild and knows how to tower and dodge is next to unstoppable.

dk is overpowered 100%. cant agree more with this statement, dex is almost useless because of it.

Dex is meant to have double effect, make more hit% and make harder to hit, but whats the point in high dex

when anyone with 50 dex and a dkset can use hp weapon and warrior effectively?

Not saying if 1 50 dex and 1 200 dex went to fight the 50dex would win, but because of both using dk the fight

could take quite long which is rediculous, in melee the 200 dex should win hands down.

100 str and 100 mag to use it.

make it b-mage item.

Great idea. Bmages have low HP and wouldn't hurt for tehem to have more defence.

Agreed with near everything said, mages r wayyyy overpowered, and delete mshield is a nice way 2 fix it. Wouldnt completely balance the classes saying dk+15 n blizz is completely rigged, but its a nice start

LULZ

no way m3n

look at what happened in pvp event

;O

mages dont have to always have the upper hand even no pfm and allowing tower/mshield

Your talking about an iscolated case where the mage couldnt cast cuz 2 wars smacking him, along with maybe the best MR set ingame cuz whiteangel has no life. My guess if it was 2 mages, vs them it would have been a different story.

Totally agree with Forsaken, its hard to say which is worst, high pa/def on dk sets or msshield wand on mages. Wars need 99% of the times to para the mages to get face to face to try to kill and then 15 secs only of para? Not to mention they put on dk+ tower+ msshield and wait until para gone. On the other side a war using only dk set is fresh meat for mages even with pfm. Blizzard does already incredible dmg without using any ring or dk++ wand. I think msshield wand wasnt made to be an easy drop in helbreath. Should be as rare as a xelima or storm bringer.

Yes, M.shield wand was designed for 140 lvl cap, it worked well there.

But now, it is 180 lvl which means more stats, and stupid DKset which has too high defence and pa.

Wipe all m.shield and make it drop from abaddon or just delete it.

I agree with almost everything that's said here, BUT... you guys make us think that a mage is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO powerfull which isn't the case IMO.

BBH war + dm4 + rodragon (which isn't that hard to get I guess) eats up mass hp.

A mage is overpowering here for sure, but not THAT hard.

Or am I beeing a dick :|

not taking into account individual skills-

1) but if a stock mage catches a stock war in a pit or whereever...

that war is in big big trouble... considering they are stock characters. (all stock items) . At this point the m shield wand gives the mage a massive advantage if the warrior happens to fight and lands a paralyze instead of recalling or running. The mage has a huge advantage.. he can do circles and wait for pfm to go, saying 'AJAJAHAJAJAJAJAJA' with m shield wand equiped.

2) If a group of 2 wars and a mage catch a single stock mage training in a pit..

this mage is food for the cats if he doesn't have m shield wand, and they paralyze him. This magician needs an m shield wand at this point... if he doesn't have one and they break his cast and you increase the paralyze time on top of that he will be eating grass always.. unless he chugs a million invis pots..and the 3 ambushing players r hopeless..

3). If 2 mages and 1 warrior catch a single warrior in a pit.

This single warrior is in big big trouble if he doesn't run... not because of the 1 warrior.. but because of the mages.. he will die, if he isn't a stock warrior and he has ip neck, mr/ma sets etc.. he might survive.. - he will survive most probably at this point if he equips his m shield wand with his ma/mr set.. because the single war will struggle to do much dmg.. but will still strip armor.. so kinda 50/50..

---

What I'm trying to say is.. that different scenarios.. the m shield wand has positives and negatives..as it's been mentioned (tanking and hunting would be more difficult aswell) .. Its not about dying .. its about having a fair chance to live..

These r the main scenarios i think:

Right now, a stock warrior hasn't got much chance of living against a stock magician..

A Stock magician can survive just about anything a stock warrior throws at him because of the m shield wand..

-A Stock warrior can survive a bashing from alot of warriors using an m shield wand.. but cannot survive alot of mages unless he have more items - If this is how it should be (which i think it is. Because a magician suppose to be a strongback up)

then-

A stock magician should not be able to survive a bashing from 3 or more warriors.. he should die. Not be able to run and say 'AJAJAJAJAJA' because he have the best of both worlds..

crazy dmg, defensive spells and range.. and crazy PA at the double click of a button.

Magician's should have an m shield wand with half the PA.. or the STR req for m shield wand should be increased so that the build of the magician is affected if they want to use it.

Maybe 70 STR to use. Then magician has to sacrifice some vit..

right now they have the best of both worlds - not so fair.

Here's another suggestion, make 2 new types of M. Shield wands:

For BMages:

Leave the normal wand with same PA, and make it have a requirement of 100 str, 100 mag as suggested above. (Highest PA of the 3)

For Mages:

Lowered PA, 130 Mag requirement. (Lowest PA of the 3)

For Warriors:

Slightly lowered PA, 130 Str requirement. (Middle PA of the 3)

Maybe slightly different sprites for each one, cause different colors might seem too fruity.