Sign in to follow this  
Mirka

Fps Limit

you should put a frame rate limit like at 60fps

its not fair for people that playing with windows vista or for people that play with a slow computer.

To many people outrun most of the people because they build a special seting to gain FPS.

the server need stability with this setting its gonna be more FAIR for everyone!

a 60fps cap would be to low, would be very easy to land paras.

i've been told there's already a server that has fixed the vista fps issue with angels.

vista users can also disable their graphics. but there's one downside, the game becomes VERY choppy :s

for those with shitty computers and complaining about people out-running you, UPGRADE!

its not fair for people that playing with windows vista or for people that play with a slow computer.

To many people outrun most of the people because they build a special seting to gain FPS.

the server need stability with this setting its gonna be more FAIR for everyone!

I think that's not fairness at all, in fact is the exact opposite. Why would u punish ppl who can have high fps by setting up a frame rate limit? If u want more fps get rid of Vista or get a new computer. U cant force everyone to be "equal" when clearly they're not.

Otherwise u would also have to set a threshold to the response time from the server so every1 can get a similar ping... no matter if u are on a 1Mb or a 20 Mb connection.... That doesn't make sense neither, does it?

We all play with a certain set of limitations and u have to live with it...

PD: i have an average of 55 fps and 230 ms ping so this would really benefit me but i still think its wrong.

money makes world go round!!!!!

buy a pr0 PC and move to USA; then ull have mad fps and 0 ping!!!

and i believe after 250-300 fps, its the same speed, only ping makes the difference

I use vista

There not only Helbreath in the world. I have a really good pc with dual core and lot of ram and a great video card. I will not Desable my graphic card for this game. Because I need it for lot of thing. And why I should install like windows 98 or xp?? its old stuff!

I am pretty sur my computer is enoufh good to play helbreath lol!

but if you fix a fps its gonna be equal for everyone! nobody really need to pay 2000$ to buy a new a computer for playing HELBREATH comon guy! this games have 7 ou 8years olds!

60FPS its a good speed for playing any kind of games.

its the way to have a fair pvp game

and btw you dont need to insult me! its a sugestion and I am pretty sur that a lot of people will like the idea

You can disable your video card and enable it when you need to do other stuff.

I would agree on a FPS limit if there were an equal ping for everyone too, but is impossible.

Yep, this is one of the major issues with Helbreath that has been here from the start. In Helbreath, networking, rendering, animation and user input are all processed in a single frame. So the more frames you can render per second, the more packets your game sends to the server, the faster your animations display, more often is your keyboard input processed, etcetera. Siementech has patched a few critical issues, but you can compare that patching to somebody covering a wound with a dirty brick!

While this is one of the solutions that are available... I would not suggest it. The real thing we should be doing is adjust the time critical portions of the game and unbound it from FPS. We need to base the amount of times stuff is done on real time (seconds) instead of frames per second!

That's (very) basically it. It's alot more technical than this, I hope you understand what I meant with the above.

I really want to fix this. But it's really hard. HB code really sucks and it's just like spaghetti like I've said many times before. It will take a good amount of time to fix this. I don't know if it's worth it.

if there were a fps limit 200 would only make since, and no you dont need a super puter to get good frames.

go into you 3d setting and set them so that they are turned off while running HB you can do it i have faith.

on my desktop w/ windows xp i run about 220-360 fps

on my lapper w/ vista i get around 160 - 200 fps

im tired of people whinning about vista, figure out how to tweak the settings to improve your frames or

partition off a drive and instal xp on that drive or live with crappy frames.

I really want to fix this. But it's really hard. HB code really sucks and it's just like spaghetti like I've said many times before. It will take a good amount of time to fix this. I don't know if it's worth it.

there already has been a server that fixed the problem with vista. from what i've been told, it took them one day to do it.

there already has been a server that fixed the problem with vista. from what i've been told, it took them one day to do it.

You dont know if its worth it....... I gues u dont have vista. XP is old and is gonna be outdated soon. Think its rediculious to think its not worth it. HB needs 2 move forward not stay in the past.

should i remind you hb is a incomplete game?

why would you even ask something like this to our coders, i understand your problem but you can just dual boot or run virtual machine or more.

You dont know if its worth it....... I gues u dont have vista. XP is old and is gonna be outdated soon. Think its rediculious to think its not worth it. HB needs 2 move forward not stay in the past.

First of all, I use Vista too so yea I know what's like. Furthermore, I own a very very decent expensive system and I play in Vista, and I still get crappy frame rates. Even crappier than everyone else. Sometimes my FPS drops to 2-3 fps even, especially when I open my bag. And it sucks, mostly because I play all the latest games on max quality settings and I have no problems with them. HB is bugged and old graphicswise.

Anyway!

You also don't know what a pain it is to fix this. If it was easy, it would be long done. It might take a fair amount of free time to fix this. Seeing as HB is a dying game anyway (even with a fix like this it would still die) my guess it's not worth to fix. I am still in doubt as it may be borderline.

Do you think a fix like this will save the future of HB?

Do you think a fix like this will save the future of HB?

Absolutely no! Like u said HB is an old game (1999) and u can't keep re-writing the code to keep up with the new technology.

Btw, Windows XP have support till 2014 so if u are that desperate to play HB u can still get Windows XP and have Microsoft support on it.

My opinion is (no offense to any1) if u are so lazy that u cant even install an OS u cant really ask the coders to work their asses off to change something in the game that can be easily fixed on the user side.

why would you even ask something like this to our coders, i understand your problem but you can just dual boot or run virtual machine or more.

What are those

What are those

forgive me if I'm wrong but dual booting is having two hard drives with two different OSs on them, when booting the system you can change the order of the devices when the CPU is looking for the OS boot files.

Virtual machines are programs that allow you to install another operating system onto your desktop... it's like having a whole system that you can switch to on the fly... virtual machines are hard to explain...Virtual machines on Wikipedia

lol XP is not outdated, Vista is just an epic fail operating system and microsoft knows that. thats why they are came out with Windows 7 which is like an improved version of windows XP and not windows vista

i don't think virtual machines can run d3d games yet, but don't quote me on that

upgrading to me means switching to vista or win 7, and being able to play today's games at a good rate. im sure a lot of people have that in mind, but it doesnt really help hb. if you really wanna play hb and keep the new windows, then i'd say the best choice is to dual boot, though dual booting is usually done when the older OS is installed first, if i remember right

I vote yes!! if you can fix this issue. Why? well you can see most of the ppl gt fh and become invincible just because they dissapear from your screen in less than 2 seconds. If your playing war you stay stunned wondering (is paralize worth?) i mean why casting paralize if the other guy will be gone in 1 second of your screen cuz his/her pfs/ping are overwhelming. An example (playing as warrior can you paralize luffy? Belv and any of the pollerudos guild guys?) Its amazing if you can do it cuz their fps and ping are incredible :lol:.

Once one guy said: "Omg i got 1200 fps with this new video card" :blink: can it be possible? 1200 fps? :excl:

Sure but 1200 fps is possible, but I dont think that video card has anything to do with it, in HB processor is main thing to get high fps.

Sure but 1200 fps is possible, but I dont think that video card has anything to do with it, in HB processor is main thing to get high fps.

This man sounds correct!

This man sounds correct!

a few days ago i changed some parts of my PC.

Basicly i changed motherboard+memory only. keeping micro and video card.

i was Asus P5K+ 4gb ocz 800 mhz bus

now Asus P5Q3 Deluxe + 4gb gskill 1600 mhz bus

My fps went very higher now, not sure why, maybe the memory speed and the bus speed.

This man sounds correct!

My fps went very higher now, not sure why, maybe the memory speed and the bus speed.

How much higher? I think fast memory inceases fps also.

This man sounds correct!

How much higher? I think fast memory inceases fps also.

It does. Well i have had some problems with some of my ram blocks. So i tryed with 3 gb and saw a diffrent ingame. Fixed my 4th block, and added it to my mainboard again, and back was my old fps.

I'd believe that ram, processor and GFX has something to do with the fps ingame. As Farjat and Raquzz said.