Sign in to follow this  
Dark1

Zem Rarerity

I think Zem is wayyy too cheap and commen. People fight without being scared of dying cause they have 200 of them. Think its a shame that some people are sloppy and laugh you in the face when you fight. To make zems more rare as it should be, would also bring the game and skill level to a different level, not to think about people would pull themselves together to hunt more>more raiding. With that said, I think zems could be more usefull in trades too.

Im I way offf? Fail+1? Or what do you think?

Seriously, with the way people are logging and pulling at the moment this suggestion (while something I would agree with) would make gameplay 10 times worse.

Seriously, with the way people are logging and pulling at the moment this suggestion (while something I would agree with) would make gameplay 10 times worse.

I think its way too harsh to say 10 times worse. People would be more carefull but skilled players will still kill them even if they are more carefull. Just think its boring to get an almost worthless zem when I work really hard to kill and hunt some skilled players with high mr/ma/hp rec forinstance.

Anyhow the zems value is too low, you cant even use it probally on trades. Should be atleast worth as Merien stone. Whats the fun by getting something with so little value as throphy when make a kill.

People should care for pvp and survival when all the work with training, hunting is for pvp purpese.

The zem isnt the prize nor should it be the prize. The ek is the prize, the bragging rights.

The skilled players/the big names in game are the ones with the high quantities of zems. They dont care about the zem drop. The not so known players are the ones who are going to suffer from this, they are going to loose more zems because they dont have the items the godlike players do and the godlike players - the ones with the warehouse full of zems will keep collecting them. Its just another case of the rich get richer and the casual player gets the shaft.

Make zems rarer and watch everyone without godlike MA sets etc log at the first sign of trouble.

Like i said in my first post, I like the idea, but with a server this old you cant change things like zems because it stuffs the entire economy and it greatly disadvantages new players.

The zem isnt the prize nor should it be the prize. The ek is the prize, the bragging rights.

The skilled players/the big names in game are the ones with the high quantities of zems. They dont care about the zem drop. The not so known players are the ones who are going to suffer from this, they are going to loose more zems because they dont have the items the godlike players do and the godlike players - the ones with the warehouse full of zems will keep collecting them. Its just another case of the rich get richer and the casual player gets the shaft.

Make zems rarer and watch everyone without godlike MA sets etc log at the first sign of trouble.

Like i said in my first post, I like the idea, but with a server this old you cant change things like zems because it stuffs the entire economy and it greatly disadvantages new players.

I do not agree, zem is a prize and getting someones zem gives the bragging right. My point is its too commen. Its too commen to trade it too. I think the rich and the poor will both suffer from it. I will take longer time for the richer ofcause but eventually it will hurt him too.

No one said hb should be an easy game. Its too bad if the poor player gets killed and loses his ms10, or mp rec 49 shield will atleast help him make him aware and it will not be the end of the world. Hb nemesis is hb nem, but some of the fun in raiding in the old hbint was also the high possibily that someone would drop.

Anyways im not saying it should be impossible to get as people make it sound in this post. It should just be as rare as Merien stone.

no, also u should remember that if ppl starts playing without zems, a mage with dk15 even itemless will have a lot of powar compared to a warrior with dk set.. ( bringing unbalance)

oh and btw, u should try raiding some particular guilds, lots of ppl drops items becouse they dont carry zem....

. I think the rich and the poor will both suffer from it. I will take longer time for the richer ofcause but eventually it will hurt him too.

Ok Im going to work on this bit here cause this is my main concern with this idea. Ill use myself as an example. I have a 90% MA set, a decent HP set and more vit then 75% of the server (Yes its a made up figure based on the amount of silly green hammers with spikes I see in game). I dont die a lot outside of crusade. Sure I have bad days like everyone else but on the whole I dont die a lot.

I have a steady income of zems via ek's and hunting. The main point here is I find more zems than I lose. Now put the shoe on the foot of a fresh level 180 with a couple of items like a MS12 and 3 pieces of MP14 armor. Those things wont make them hard to kill like my MA 90% set for example. On raid weekends they will bleed zems. They will die.

Now a zem will never be worth a MS12 because of the ingredients so right there is your first set of problems:

1. Player needs to carry zem in order to use items.

2. If player cannot use items, they will just log out which decreases active players.

3. If player activity decreases eks dry up, other players loose interest.

4. If you were to make zems rarer, say for example the cost of a MS12 Necklace you would have to alter the price of M Stones and Ms10 Necks.

The newer player is going to loose zems far to easily to people who have items. This server apparently aims at an exciting PVP experience, if people cant afford zems, people wont leave the WH. People wont use items. People will log and pull all day long to avoid loosing a zem.

Sure its fine to make zems rare at the START of a server because the economy is new, stones are currency in this game. You cannot muck around with the currency at this stage of the server.

On top of that I dont think zems will ever be 1:1 of merien stone (unless you completely *censored* with the drop system). M stones are the backbone of a lot of items. Crafting is a HUGE part of the game which requires M stones.

Actually you know what I just had an idea. Instead of altering the drop rate... alter zemstones maximum endurance from 3/3 to 2/2. They would still be as common as they are but there would be a higher demand because they go through the system faster.

. I think the rich and the poor will both suffer from it. I will take longer time for the richer ofcause but eventually it will hurt him too.

Ok Im going to work on this bit here cause this is my main concern with this idea. Ill use myself as an example. I have a 90% MA set, a decent HP set and more vit then 75% of the server (Yes its a made up figure based on the amount of silly green hammers with spikes I see in game). I dont die a lot outside of crusade. Sure I have bad days like everyone else but on the whole I dont die a lot.

I have a steady income of zems via ek's and hunting. The main point here is I find more zems than I lose. Now put the shoe on the foot of a fresh level 180 with a couple of items like a MS12 and 3 pieces of MP14 armor. Those things wont make them hard to kill like my MA 90% set for example. On raid weekends they will bleed zems. They will die.

Now a zem will never be worth a MS12 because of the ingredients so right there is your first set of problems:

1. Player needs to carry zem in order to use items.

2. If player cannot use items, they will just log out which decreases active players.

3. If player activity decreases eks dry up, other players loose interest.

4. If you were to make zems rarer, say for example the cost of a MS12 Necklace you would have to alter the price of M Stones and Ms10 Necks.

The newer player is going to loose zems far to easily to people who have items. This server apparently aims at an exciting PVP experience, if people cant afford zems, people wont leave the WH. People wont use items. People will log and pull all day long to avoid loosing a zem.

Sure its fine to make zems rare at the START of a server because the economy is new, stones are currency in this game. You cannot muck around with the currency at this stage of the server.

On top of that I dont think zems will ever be 1:1 of merien stone (unless you completely *censored* with the drop system). M stones are the backbone of a lot of items. Crafting is a HUGE part of the game which requires M stones.

Actually you know what I just had an idea. Instead of altering the drop rate... alter zemstones maximum endurance from 3/3 to 2/2. They would still be as common as they are but there would be a higher demand because they go through the system faster.

You dont know that, all that is speculations and theories... To be honest and what my experience with hb is, that all this wont happend if the price for zem go up.

plus, people like maynard would get A LOT of itens, if people have a chance to drop, and she kills liks 100/week, she will get at least smth like 4/5 good itens per week, making her even more godly, so the more itens you have, the more you will get, because itens makes you harder to kill, and makes it easier for you to get kills.

i agree with vamp that if low zems had begun at the beggining of server it would be a great idea, or maybe no zems at all, but now most of the new players (and you also have to remember they usually are used to fruit servers) would have lots of problems getting started on the game

Dont know what your talking about rly, if anything seems like zems are moderately rare. I have gotten little over 100 eks over past 3 weeks and about 4 zem drops. that is not alot at all saying atleast 65 are maxes.

So because we dont agree with your suggestion, we are noobs and you no longer want to discuss it.

I offered you disadvantages to your point, if you cannot intelligently come up with pros other than "they should be rarer because I want drops" than dont suggest things.

I think if done correctly it could be a good idea, like i said in a post above, I think a MUCH BETTER way at going about this would be to lower the endurance of zems.

So because we dont agree with your suggestion, we are noobs and you no longer want to discuss it.

I offered you disadvantages to your point, if you cannot intelligently come up with pros other than "they should be rarer because I want drops" than dont suggest things.

I think if done correctly it could be a good idea, like i said in a post above, I think a MUCH BETTER way at going about this would be to lower the endurance of zems.

Noob is for fun :). And seems like all likes the same current level of zems. So no point in going further here. And please Mayn, doesnt get 100+ eks per week :D. Unless he kills the same 30 times

Maynard could easily get 100 eks per week - and has done so before. If you hadent noticed he hasnt been around a lot lately.

bringing down the number of zems in game will only make the strong even stronger because they are getting all the rares dropped from lesser beings.

Ridiculous idea on Dark1's part. I think zem's value is fine now. I dunno how it is in Elvine, but in ares, the trade usually goes for:

1 Xstone - 2 Zems

1 Mstone - 4 Zems

I think Zem is wayyy too cheap and commen. People fight without being scared of dying cause they have 200 of them. Think its a shame that some people are sloppy and laugh you in the face when you fight. To make zems more rare as it should be, would also bring the game and skill level to a different level, not to think about people would pull themselves together to hunt more>more raiding. With that said, I think zems could be more usefull in trades too.

Im I way offf? Fail+1? Or what do you think?

I think zem rarity shows prety good, too bad almost nobody uses it as a trading measurement.

not all players have 200 zems in their wh's lolz :P

I got like 3 to 4 zems spread over 3 chars...

though those who know me, know well enough that I'm prety good jacked out on items, and zems have always been a problem on me :s

if your giving up 4 zems for a Mstone your getting ripped.

xStone and mStone = 2 zems.

I gave up my mstone for 4 zems. Thats the rate in Aresden at the moment.

Yeah, I have a number of guildies short on zems atm because they raid too damn much. I make them go wyv hunt lol so they stop trying to borrow zems (we all know borrowed zems never get paid back) :D

I'm pretty short, but always have spares, I think the rarity is fine.

Yeah, I have a number of guildies short on zems atm because they raid too damn much. I make them go wyv hunt lol so they stop trying to borrow zems (we all know borrowed zems never get paid back) :D

same here BUT i was playing crazy 8's with Marclorc and we started playing for zems, ended up with 12 zems and an m stone

I tend to ask for zems when im out instead of asking anyone to lend it to me. :D

At the same time, I gave out lots of zems when i'm full of it.