Sign in to follow this  
Alright ---Juggs

Vista Low Fps Fix

First of all i would like to give all the credit to Raiden- since he was the one that told me about it

As you all must know, when vista cp's get an angel in their screen, their fps DROP

well here is the fix

step1 : Control Panel

step2: Device Manage

Step3: Display adapters

Step: Click on NVIDA GeForce ect.

Step 4: click on driver and click on disable

Step5 : your home screen will look huge so customize it back

Step6 : restart computer (this is a MUST)

Step7: log in hb and you should have incredible fps

I did it on my vista cp and i reach 300+ fps, But i was warned that most likely other games will run like crap,

but this DEFINETLY works

GM's

someoen translate to spanish, i can but my spanish has pretty bad grammar

******Ill try to get a visual aid as soon as i can

GL folks

I'd like to make a note here:

this method works for alot people, but not for everyone !

this method might cause hardware problems, screen blinking or other issues.

We, the staff, DO NOT support this method of FPS-increasing for Vista as it is unproven that there won't be issues on longterm-usage

Have you checked the power settings on your computer? Mine were changed after I did that.

Control Panel > Power Options > Buttons on the left

Also, make sure that you keep it plugged in when you have the video card turned off, that might help as well.

But has someone came up with a way to fix the fps on Windows 7 or are they running on similar systems?

No news on this? I have ATI, and I won't disable my graphic card from the device manager just to play a game. I mean there must be anothar way to solve this. I don't agree to disable a hardware device just to play HB, and moreover have to restart my computer so the changes take effect. Jazzda (GM in HB Nemesis Argentina) posted that he could manage to get higher FPS in Win7 but with Nvidia graphic card. So, what's left with the users who have ATI video cards? Are we screwed up? I hope someone have the answer...

But has someone came up with a way to fix the fps on Windows 7 or are they running on similar systems?

No news on this? I have ATI, and I won't disable my graphic card from the device manager just to play a game. I mean there must be anothar way to solve this. I don't agree to disable a hardware device just to play HB, and moreover have to restart my computer so the changes take effect. Jazzda (GM in HB Nemesis Argentina) posted that he could manage to get higher FPS in Win7 but with Nvidia graphic card. So, what's left with the users who have ATI video cards? Are we screwed up? I hope someone have the answer...

uhmm disabeling video card does not affect the performance of your sistem.. i mean, it won't damage any hardware/software.. its just restarting your pc. but anyways, did you tried disabeling vertical sync in your graphic card? that might be of some help

uhmm disabeling video card does not affect the performance of your sistem.. i mean, it won't damage any hardware/software.. its just restarting your pc. but anyways, did you tried disabeling vertical sync in your graphic card? that might be of some help

I know it won't affect the performance. All I'm saying is that is unthinkable to disable a device just to play a game. And yes, i tried disabling all of the ATI options I'm able to change, and they didn't make any improvement.

how do i reenable my video card after disabling it

My comp's in dutch, but shoudln't be to different.

Configurationscreen>device manager>monitoradaptors (1st option on top)>nvidia 8600gt (or the version you have)> qualities>should be there somewhere.