Sign in to follow this  
Svafnir

Solution To Loggers

I'm having a lot of fun suspending members for spamming this topic, keep it up guys!

As for this topic, I don't really know where I stand. Yes, loggers are annoying, but to me, it's the same thing as recalling, only slower.

hmm

recalling from alot of maps is bad because of running back

thats why they log

also theres a reason why u cant recall in enemy town

The thing is... why u all thinks that logging is a bad thing.

Sometimes when i go to ares... i see myself fighting??? against 10 ares. Should i stay? Whats the point? If i stay... i will probably (for sure) die. So... id rather log out... and come back later. Is that a bad thing to do?

Some ppl likes to run and run... and eventually, die. And some others dont. Its not a crime.

There r some stupid kids that always ask me stupid question like:

"Why did u come to ares if all u r going to do is running?"

Well... thats why we always ask for pvp... cos is easy to talk like that when u r 10 vs 1... and all i can do is AMP and run. We all know its kind of impossible to kill someone in that situation.

So... it is really that bad, if i want to log out? 10 vs 1... im not going to get ek... all i can do is run and amp... whats the point of staying there?

Yes it is bad, just die you wimp. If you're in the enemy town, you expect 10v1's. I'm well aware of that when I raid.

You either run until you lose some of them so the numbers are more fair, call for help, or go to safe zone/recall. NOT that hard.

I think theres a bit of a difference between blatantly logging while being chased or in the middle of battle and loosing the enemy and logging a few minutes later (as Raquzz described - while still could be considered "lame" atleast youve lost the enemy and ended the fight)

If your one of these people who log because your outnumbered while being chased, its just plain pathetic, a pathetic act described by shompy, you dont want 10 v 1 odds? Dont raid. Thats the chance you take being a solo raider.

I think Monkeys post summed it up pretty nicely. Clearly if your heart is beating out of your chest, your last concern is a zem. If you value a zem more than attending to an "emergency" its not an emergency and you can take the time to lose the enemy in order to safely log out. This seems to be a good, basic fix for this ever growing problem, however I do fear we will see more and more pullers if this comes into action.

I think theres a bit of a difference between blatantly logging while being chased or in the middle of battle and loosing the enemy and logging a few minutes later (as Raquzz described - while still could be considered "lame" atleast youve lost the enemy and ended the fight)

If your one of these people who log because your outnumbered while being chased, its just plain pathetic, a pathetic act described by shompy, you dont want 10 v 1 odds? Dont raid. Thats the chance you take being a solo raider

Whats the difference between logging and recalling? In both cases u r avoiding the fight and u r wasting ur chasers time. So, does it make any difference if u go into enemys town farm to recall or if u just simply log out? Ive chase u Vampyr so many times... even 1 vs 1 and u just ran... and i cant believe that u have the nervs to come here and post such a stupid thing like that.

Fighting 10 vs 1 is funny just for a few ppl... like Zoro... U know that u r not going to kill... So... its pathetic to run and run and run. Specially if u are a BS pfm war... and there r 10 blizz mages chasing u. U will never lose them unless u cheat.

And like u said... u dont want to do 1 vs 1... (really pathetic i say)... do u want to make us believe that u will stand in a outnumbered fight? Oh plz......... You only kill scorp mages

BTW... for those that didnt get my point... what im trying to say... is that log out in safe zone... is the same as recalling at farm or safe. Just that.

You missed the major point of the posts Shompy. We're discussing logging out to avoid death. Running to safe zone and farm recall are different.

Even with this change you'll be able to just stand in safe zone and log out. You just can't log out on the run.

Plus the difference between the options you gave is that you have to run back to the enemy town if you recall.

You missed the major point of the posts Shompy. We're discussing logging out to avoid death. Running to safe zone and farm recall are different.

Even with this change you'll be able to just stand in safe zone and log out. You just can't log out on the run.

Plus the difference between the options you gave is that you have to run back to the enemy town if you recall.

Sure... im not saying this is a bad idea... it is actually a really good idea.

Whats the difference between logging and recalling? In both cases u r avoiding the fight and u r wasting ur chasers time. So, does it make any difference if u go into enemys town farm to recall or if u just simply log out? Ive chase u Vampyr so many times... even 1 vs 1 and u just ran... and i cant believe that u have the nervs to come here and post such a stupid thing like that.

Fighting 10 vs 1 is funny just for a few ppl... like Zoro... U know that u r not going to kill... So... its pathetic to run and run and run. Specially if u are a BS pfm war... and there r 10 blizz mages chasing u. U will never lose them unless u cheat.

And like u said... u dont want to do 1 vs 1... (really pathetic i say)... do u want to make us believe that u will stand in a outnumbered fight? Oh plz......... You only kill scorp mages

BTW... for those that didnt get my point... what im trying to say... is that log out in safe zone... is the same as recalling at farm or safe. Just that.

Ok first, the difference between recall and logging to avoid death, recall is a part of the game implemented by the developer, logging is an action by the player - its much the same as pulling the plug, its not a part of the game that was intended its an admission that you cannot get away and will take the easiest way out.

Second, youve chased me so many times even 1 v 1? Last time I remember seeing you, you were on a warrior, tell me this, why on earth would I sit there hitting a warrior who I know isnt going to kill me and I know Im not going to kill? Why would I waste my time hitting you when it would take upwards of 30 minutes for one of us to die? I have better things to do - apparently Ive got a scorp mage to kill.

So what I dont stand there and fight 1 v 10 - why the hell should I? Its calling playing smart, Im not a moron whos going to give away a free ek because you think I should stand a fight in a situation that does not do me an favour, pull your head out of your arse. Atleast I loose the group legit, I dont log blatanly in the middle of a fight.

Ok first, the difference between recall and logging to avoid death, recall is a part of the game implemented by the developer, logging is an action by the player - its much the same as pulling the plug, its not a part of the game that was intended its an admission that you cannot get away and will take the easiest way out.

Second, youve chased me so many times even 1 v 1? Last time I remember seeing you, you were on a warrior, tell me this, why on earth would I sit there hitting a warrior who I know isnt going to kill me and I know Im not going to kill? Why would I waste my time hitting you when it would take upwards of 30 minutes for one of us to die? I have better things to do - apparently Ive got a scorp mage to kill.

So what I dont stand there and fight 1 v 10 - why the hell should I? Its calling playing smart, Im not a moron whos going to give away a free ek because you think I should stand a fight in a situation that does not do me an favour, pull your head out of your arse. Atleast I loose the group legit, I dont log blatanly in the middle of a fight.

So... if u paralized me... and i recall (in ML for example)... it is ok?

second... u always run...

3rd... playing smart? U dont fight 1 vs 10... u dont fight 2 vs 10... u dont fight 1 vs 1.... u only fight against free eks. So plz... dont call that "playing smart".

And finally... an extra information... i play with Josu, Garrapata, Shompy, Vick. The last 3 chars... are mine... the first one, Josu, is not. Yes, i play a lot with Josu, all items and eks (FH) are mine. But im not the char owner. And sometimes... the owner plays with it. He is the one that logs a lot... cos he has some hardware problem (or maybe software problem... who knows) and he cant fight when there r more than 3 chars on screen. But its ok... if u want to think that u r better than me... because everybody knows that Vampyr is just a pvm player.

Shompy..the point is- You cannot log out while ppl are still chasing u. If you escaped and they lost you.. and u want the heat to subside.. no one is around... fine log out and go for a smoke and come back.. or watever..

but in the middle of a fight.. its not nice, and it's the art of Elvine. SKINRATS taught Elvine well, even Aresden now use this tactic of blatant forcing and pulling because the Elvines mastered it to great affect.

Shompy..the point is- You cannot log out while ppl are still chasing u. If you escaped and they lost you.. and u want the heat to subside.. no one is around... fine log out and go for a smoke and come back.. or watever..

but in the middle of a fight.. its not nice, and it's the art of Elvine. SKINRATS taught Elvine well, even Aresden now use this tactic of blatant forcing and pulling because the Elvines mastered it to great affect.

I know... but there is no difference between recalling in the middle of a fight... or logging.

It is a legal thing to do (recall) but still, no ones likes that attitude. So, if u want to change that (logging out while running)... u should change the recall spell.

I know... but there is no difference between recalling in the middle of a fight... or logging.

It is a legal thing to do (recall) but still, no ones likes that attitude. So, if u want to change that (logging out while running)... u should change the recall spell.

The difference is recall is a legitmate spell, its there for a reason. The people who dont like that attitude are people like you that have made up some sort of "code of conduct" for fighting in an online game - which seems to be only existent on this server (not to sure havent played any private servers since MOG and it sure as hell wasnt there). Sure recallers are annoying, but Logging is not a mechanic/tool of this game whereas recall was implemented for a reason.

Recall was implemented for a reason... so is Logging after 10 seconds without receiving any dmgs...

So ???????????? What r we discussing here?

Recall was implemented for a reason... so is Logging after 10 seconds without receiving any dmgs...

hmmm

recalling is fair IMO ..

alot of times it has a bad side

for example having to run back to a fight

logging out is lame and i totally agree with this suggestion ;D

hmmm

recalling is fair IMO ..

alot of times it has a bad side

for example having to run back to a fight

logging out is lame and i totally agree with this suggestion ;D

Logging has it bad side as well...

U cannot log for at least a few minutes... if u r afraid to die of course.

Im agree with this suggestion... im just saying that logging is not that bad.

Shompy... there is a difference b/w how and when you log. This difference is causing threads like this to appear.

A.) logging out can be done anywhere anytime.. because its your char and you choose how you wanna apply your time in HB..and when you wanna log etc etc (if the enemy chased you but you lost them and now they probably gonna tgt you or what not, but no one is around , go ahead and log..its your decision)

B.) logging out in the middle of a fight, because people are chasing you and they are hot on your trail, they see your steps-you see them, or you are low on pots, or nearly dead, or too far from safe etc .. this is just wrong and weak. And was used by elvines all last year and still do it the most this year, it was mastered by the guild SKINRATS, who in turn made Aresden's angry and jealous because they got away with not dying etc etc... so now Aresden also abuse this.

B. is the one which is causing the problems, logging is fine... but not in this situation.

---

On the recall issue.. I dont agree with the people who say if you recall you are a coward etc.. and that you should run and run until you lose them.. infact I dont agree with any 'standards' 'unwritten codes of play and conduct'. Most of those standards and codes are just plain pathetic.. and nerdy. Probably the only one i follow is not using pfm unless the enemy does or not pfm'ing in even numbered/distributed fights.

**Half the people who say, if you recall in HB you are a coward - are without a doubt the weakest people in real life, they act tuff on HB because in real life they are weak. This is their way of feeling manly and strong, because in real life as an example id tell em to get off my seat on the bus and they'd do it.... out of fear. Guaranteed. Where as im sure alot of the ppl who do recall and dont follow these 'unwritten codes of conduct'.. could hold their own, in RL. - Just a theory which Im sure isn't too far off the mark- 8 times outta 10.

Shompy... there is a difference b/w how and when you log. This difference is causing threads like this to appear.

A.) logging out can be done anywhere anytime.. because its your char and you choose how you wanna apply your time in HB..and when you wanna log etc etc (if the enemy chased you but you lost them and now they probably gonna tgt you or what not, but no one is around , go ahead and log..its your decision)

B.) logging out in the middle of a fight, because people are chasing you and they are hot on your trail, they see your steps-you see them, or you are low on pots, or nearly dead, or too far from safe etc .. this is just wrong and weak. And was used by elvines all last year and still do it the most this year, it was mastered by the guild SKINRATS, who in turn made Aresden's angry and jealous because they got away with not dying etc etc... so now Aresden also abuse this.

B. is the one which is causing the problems, logging is fine... but not in this situation.

---

On the recall issue.. I dont agree with the people who say if you recall you are a coward etc.. and that you should run and run until you lose them.. infact I dont agree with any 'standards' 'unwritten codes of play and conduct'. Most of those standards and codes are just plain pathetic.. and nerdy. Probably the only one i follow is not using pfm unless the enemy does or not pfm'ing in even numbered/distributed fights.

**Half the people who say, if you recall in HB you are a coward - are without a doubt the weakest people in real life, they act tuff on HB because in real life they are weak. This is their way of feeling manly and strong, because in real life as an example id tell em to get off my seat on the bus and they'd do it.... out of fear. Guaranteed. Where as im sure alot of the ppl who do recall and dont follow these 'unwritten codes of conduct'.. could hold their own, in RL. - Just a theory which Im sure isn't too far off the mark- 8 times outta 10.

YOU CAN'T HAVE MY CORNBREAD!

I support any solution for stopping loggers in the enemy town. This is getting ridiculous with the number of people I've seen log.

I support any solution for stopping loggers in the enemy town. This is getting ridiculous with the number of people I've seen log.

You havent seen many ppl log at all- you never play much. Dont lie.

this suggestion has no need to be honest.

logging out atleast takes 10 seconds to complete.

if you're good enough, you'll crit him in the back or hit him by some magic to prevent/cancel his logout.

logging out is completly legal and I see no reason to make change to the logout precedure.

I qualify this topic as "please make ek'ing more easy"

I like the idea implement this and no recall for 10 seconds and I be happy camper. This is a pvp game lets bring it back to pvp. On the other hand though if the person you are chasing can avoid taking damage for 10 secs or more, chances are he will get to a safe zone before you kill him anyway but i think we should have to make them work for it.

if you're good enough, you'll crit him in the back or hit him by some magic to prevent/cancel his logout.

logging out is completly legal and I see no reason to make change to the logout precedure.

Umm more like lets make it easier to avoid dieing. White to me this comment makes no sense. Their is not one person in this game that can keep me from logging out if I want to 1v1 I dont care how good they are.

Secondly there have been plenty of actions that were once legal that are now considered to be illegal or frowned upon.

The only people I can see agreeing with this are those who enjoy logging out of fights.

rofl

i cant belive you even put this

mayb you should start raiding or pvping to see whats up

rofl

Makes perfect sense, I'll just teleport 5 squares and crit someone whose amp. Learn2EK n00bz.

In pvp, 10 seconds is not very long at all.

---

If you can think of ONE reason you have to be running while logging out, I'd like to hear it. "Please make avoid'ing death more easy."

rofl

may be hes one of them? :blink: