Sign in to follow this  
Svafnir

Solution To Loggers

Its quite annoying to be fighting an aresden (elvs in case of ares) and chasing it for long time, and we you know you are about to kill him because hes running out of pots for example, and he logs out in your face...

Or just, chasing it and logging out..

Its a situation that makes me sick! (and most of players would agree..)

So i was thinking, during the logout countdown the players has to avoid being hitted (this arleady exists) but also he has to stand still and if he makes a step, the countdown is canceled.

So in any kind of fight it would be almost impossible to logout.

In case your hunting, you just invi a log out without any problem.

In case the players has to log out for an emergency...well i would like to think that in an emergency giving out ek and zem wouldn't bee so important...

What do you think ppl?

(im srry for my english if someone finds hard to understand the thread xD)

Its quite annoying to be fighting an aresden (elvs in case of ares) and chasing it for long time, and we you know you are about to kill him because hes running out of pots for example, and he logs out in your face...

Or just, chasing it and logging out..

Its a situation that makes me sick! (and most of players would agree..)

So i was thinking, during the logout countdown the players has to avoid being hitted (this arleady exists) but also he has to stand still and if he makes a step, the countdown is canceled.

So in any kind of fight it would be almost impossible to logout.

In case your hunting, you just invi a log out without any problem.

In case the players has to log out for an emergency...well i would like to think that in an emergency giving out ek and zem wouldn't bee so important...

What do you think ppl?

(im srry for my english if someone finds hard to understand the thread xD)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

not sure

they could just pull anyway lol

:S and the real life :P ? What if I have an emergency? " oh pls no,,, dont kill me" "im bussy" XD

if you have an emergency you wont mind to lose 1 zem

:S and the real life :P ? What if I have an emergency? " oh pls no,,, dont kill me" "im bussy" XD

go to dinner,telephon call, pee, isn?t a emergency, and i won?t lose zem every day, because is annoying for you....

I do not support this. It's part of the game.

In my opinion, if the enemy combatant logs, it merely means you didn't/ couldn't damage him for 10 consecutive seconds.

If he could escape for 10 seconds, what makes you so sure if he doesn't log you'll get him?

People throw around the excuse of "IT'S IN THE GAME" way too much.

Player actions are not part of the game.

If you think this is part of the game, so is killing the same person over and over. People logging out to avoid death is NOT part of the game.

It's bullcrap you have to deal with as a player.

go to dinner,telephon call, pee, isn?t a emergency, and i won?t lose zem every day, because is annoying for you....

lol

makes no sense at all

Sometimes, you have to put HB down and log ..and nothing can be done about it...

Why then should the enemy receive an EK.. just because you moved while invis and counting down.

Maybe.. make logging in enemy town/maps throw you back to home town, or logging in ML sends u back to a particular spot in home town..

just thinking in enemy town maps and ML.. the rest of the maps are fine and the time limits that we have to log back in are quite adequate.

Sometimes, you have to put HB down and log ..and nothing can be done about it...

Why then should the enemy receive an EK.. just because you moved while invis and counting down.

Maybe.. make logging in enemy town/maps throw you back to home town, or logging in ML sends u back to a particular spot in home town..

just thinking in enemy town maps and ML.. the rest of the maps are fine and the time limits that we have to log back in are quite adequate.

I'm sure you need to log as soon as you're about to die.

That's what this is about, not some "OMG I HAD RL PROBLEN AND I HAS TO LOG OUT"

If it was that big of a problem, you wouldn't care about the zem.

If it was that big of a problem, you wouldn't have time to run the 10 secs and dodge to log out.

Don't be noobs and logout everytime you're about to die, and people won't make suggestions like this. Plain and simple.

Actually, what if a HB player has a medical condition, perhaps they need a pump, an injection or what not... This isnt such a great Emergency- perhaps they have a baby as in kids... running around, and it might not be an Emergency (as in the kid hasn't swallowed detergent or bleach) but he is crying because his sister is bothering him or is crying because the cat/dog scratched him or whatever the case might be...

Are you saying these types of people should just give up an EK n zem, because they cannot invis and logout and run for 5, 10 seconds until safe to stop .. because it will not log them off..

AFKing isn't an option, Ive tried to AFK on raid day and it's not fun..usually you are discovered by some random low lvl and if you are unlucky summon will soon show up near you..

Furthermore, what is deemed an emergency to you, might not be deemed as an ER to someone else. Its like trying to define , good and bad- in the moral sense... you cannot.

I might consider to be an emergency when I have no weed. Others might consider that to be trivial... etc etc.. etc. When a futbol team for an argentinian player is gonna score a goal .. its an emergency maybe..

they will need to look at the TV.. or the penalty etc etc.. therefore they might wanna log for 5 minutes.. or 2 minutes.. get a beer ..and a few peanuts then return to EKing...

If it just happened that you where tgting him and he is now offline... o well.. thats too bad. It might be for a number of reasons.... many many reasons...

* I take back my suggestion about tping them outta town for logging, because sometimes..and the majority of the times people log out in enemy towns for reasons other than - about to die in HB

Be it an emergency or not... reasons other than - about to die in HB - should not be questioned.

i like the idea, but it wont stop the loggers because they will just become pullers.

so while the idea is nice, it wont change anything.

It's amazing how serious people take this game and quite pathetic at the same time. Like last week after a crusade, I was being chased by a lot of elvines, like 20. I didn't log or recall, I chose to run around and even start blizzing them. Then I died 12 seconds later, oh noes zem-1. I really didn't care because I was creating fun for other players.

An EK and a zem don't mean crap to me. People treat it like the end of the world.

Oh and just to chime in on the discussion: changes to to prevent log outs of near-death players does NOT mean that all of those players are going to become pullers. Yes, some of them might, but not all. Just removes another way of cheating death and ruining other player's fun in a video game.

GROW A PAIR AND JUST DIE. Thanks.

I'm having a lot of fun suspending members for spamming this topic, keep it up guys!

As for this topic, I don't really know where I stand. Yes, loggers are annoying, but to me, it's the same thing as recalling, only slower.

i like the idea, but it wont stop the loggers because they will just become pullers.

so while the idea is nice, it wont change anything.

If a GM sees you pull, ban+1

I'm having a lot of fun suspending members for spamming this topic, keep it up guys!

As for this topic, I don't really know where I stand. Yes, loggers are annoying, but to me, it's the same thing as recalling, only slower.

hmm

recalling from alot of maps is bad because of running back

thats why they log

also theres a reason why u cant recall in enemy town

If I am in elvine some elvs r chasing me I usually just ran to farm or ML. But besides of that I like to ran with long way like trying to loose them( thnx to high fps) and when I dont see them, I'll stop and w8 to see if they r still after me. If they r not I'll log and if they r I'll continue to ran until I get bored and ran straight to ML/farm. I think its a bit funny when ppl r chasing u and u know they cant keep it up with u but r still chasing u.

Anyways, I think this would change nothing, atleast for me.

hmm

thats why they log

The thing is... why u all thinks that logging is a bad thing.

Sometimes when i go to ares... i see myself fighting??? against 10 ares. Should i stay? Whats the point? If i stay... i will probably (for sure) die. So... id rather log out... and come back later. Is that a bad thing to do?

Some ppl likes to run and run... and eventually, die. And some others dont. Its not a crime.

There r some stupid kids that always ask me stupid question like:

"Why did u come to ares if all u r going to do is running?"

Well... thats why we always ask for pvp... cos is easy to talk like that when u r 10 vs 1... and all i can do is AMP and run. We all know its kind of impossible to kill someone in that situation.

So... it is really that bad, if i want to log out? 10 vs 1... im not going to get ek... all i can do is run and amp... whats the point of staying there?

hmm

thats why they log

The thing is... why u all thinks that logging is a bad thing.

Sometimes when i go to ares... i see myself fighting??? against 10 ares. Should i stay? Whats the point? If i stay... i will probably (for sure) die. So... id rather log out... and come back later. Is that a bad thing to do?

Some ppl likes to run and run... and eventually, die. And some others dont. Its not a crime.

There r some stupid kids that always ask me stupid question like:

"Why did u come to ares if all u r going to do is running?"

Well... thats why we always ask for pvp... cos is easy to talk like that when u r 10 vs 1... and all i can do is AMP and run. We all know its kind of impossible to kill someone in that situation.

So... it is really that bad, if i want to log out? 10 vs 1... im not going to get ek... all i can do is run and amp... whats the point of staying there?

i get your point

i dont think you abuse it or anything but its a fact alot of players abuse it..

how??

they stay in scorp pit on noob chars "training" with his main logged there

when noobs come they kill it

log out and go back on the noob

thats just an example ppl doing lame stuff in so many different ways ;)

Why are there so many ppl in this topic that write a not well thought out argument.

For example someone said: "If you can't kill/hit someone within 10 seconds, he deserved to log-out."

This is not a valuable argument, cause I will bet you 100 zems that I can avoid any dmg from a war for 10 seconds easily.

Get my point?

I think something has to be done about logging out in the middle of combat, and going to the bathroom isn't an excuse. When I'm playing poker online (for real money) I can easily wait for the hand I'm in to finish and then go to the bathroom.

Also I second the notion that whenever an emergency comes up you really do not care about the zem/ek, if you don't you don't deserve to live.

Medication is also not a good argument, first of all medication has to be taken at certain points of one day. So you should know when to take them, and you could've easily avoided any PvP before the time to take these medications.

Epileptic attacks/heart failures or insuline (forgive my spelling on these) all fall under "emergencies".

So in other words, the standing still for 10 seconds to log-out is a valuable suggestion to fix this exploit 90% of the HB player base is using.