Sign in to follow this  
VR-six^

Angels Need To Go.

I was just posting this thread because id really really like Nemesis staff to do something with the angel problem. Its making PvP and basically playing the game almost impossible for myself and other players(Using Vista) and there are a lot of players that use vista that play the server. Maybe just disable the angels as far as making then "not visisble", but keep them active. Just dont make the angels visisble. No one really cares to see the little angel on their shoulder. Its IMPOSSIBLE to PvP with an angel on the screen and makes overall gameplay A LOT! more difficult, and it sucks :P . Take it into consideration, maybe a vote for disabling the visibility of the angel, something PLEASE! ty.

no....................

Agree, I'm running XP with a POS processor, I get passed by vista users even when I have an angel equipped. but you don't hear me complaining do you?

i would like to know if its the angel graphic ,or the angel equipped code, that causes the issue...

i just cant see a little graphic causing so much issues... i think u will find its a code issue..... prehaps a suggestion would be for White to create a no graphic pak for vista users .. which would be avaliable on nemesis website and legal in server rules,trial that and see if its good.....

in respect of all vista users if we wana keep playing helbreath in the next few years it may be wise to start looking at a vista friendly version being developed ))) :blush:

' date='Apr 14 2009, 01:12 AM' post='262376']

We are not going to disable angels.

They arent talking about disabling the angel, they are talking about deleting the graphic (if it is indeed the graphic that bugs vista users). It would still function the same way but it would just look like magic gem when equiped, you can see it in F5 but you cant see it on your body.

' date='Apr 14 2009, 01:12 AM' post='262376']

We are not going to disable angels.

They arent talking about disabling the angel, they are talking about deleting the graphic (if it is indeed the graphic that bugs vista users). It would still function the same way but it would just look like magic gem when equiped, you can see it in F5 but you cant see it on your body.

if this is the case, just delete it from your sprites folder or replace on your own to test it.

Now why would I want to pak edit and potentially face a ban to test a bug that the coders could easily do :P

I couldnt honestly care if they removed the sprite, i run faster with angels.

You cannot fix the fps problem of angels in vist by changing/removing the pack of angels. If I'm correct it has something to do how helbreath renders the grafics and how vista deals with those things. As far as I know its hard or even close to impossible to fix because of vista.

So if you want a fix, you need to use diffirent system/alternative OS while playing hb.

You cannot fix the fps problem of angels in vist by changing/removing the pack of angels. If I'm correct it has something to do how helbreath renders the grafics and how vista deals with those things. As far as I know its hard or even close to impossible to fix because of vista.

So if you want a fix, you need to use diffirent system/alternative OS while playing hb.

Wouldnt that mean they would get low FPS all the time? Whenever Vista people complain its usually regarding angels in mass fights.

Wouldnt that mean they would get low FPS all the time? Whenever Vista people complain its usually regarding angels in mass fights.

It's how the GFX/rendering is dealt with the angels. It still renders they "layer" eventhough there is nothing on it. You can try this by changing the pack to nothing/something else like cats etc.

EDIT: Atleast thats what I think. And well, because we got such a talented coders, if it was just minor issue that would be fixed already.

White told me a while ago that Helbreath is DirectDraw written and Vista draws desktop with Direct3D,

So if you lower or disable the hardware acceleration drawing settings disable Direct3D etc, Vista cannot draw its desktop. Rest is probably, incombablity problems. The 'lagg' is caused most likely in the drawing, because as if it takes time to do it, it also therefore lowers your fps.

Perhaps Jaapy/White could explains these things better.

well i wouldnt be complaining about it if i could install XP, i read in a dell forum that the "newer" Vista Home cant be changed to XP and that if i where looking to downgrade from Vista to XP than im "SOL" ... so if there is someone out there that has installed XP from a Vista Home please help me out :P

DAMNZZZZ!!!!! (Whenever i die cuz of angels i feel like getting a crowbar and smashing my vista up)!!!!

Damn vista, why do they need to lock it (any1 can explain to me that?)