Sign in to follow this  
Lythium

About Recall

If you wanna make a good suggestion, ask for a map where people can PvP. Edit that map with all those fancy pre-pvp things.

No recall, no log, no etc etc etc

btw name that map Nemesis to top it off.

I support any changes made to logging (e.g. must stand still for 10 seconds) - there's no excuse ever for logging in combat.

Recall is legitimate, and will not be changed.

I'd be okay with making the recall have a longer casting sequence than every other spell. Like 3 seconds or something longer.

this rule might benefict mages, remember that a mage/war can run from a war for 5 secs to recall easy, but u cant run from a mage without getting hitted (unless he has a horrible aim)

Long distance blizzards/ other spells are easy to dodge.. this recall timer would be addition that benefits all class types.

Eldon you are right that its team based game and that is just another reason to add recall timer.. See most annoying thing ever is being in a middle of group fight getting some1 parad, having 5 guys critting him and he gets to recall because 40+ dmg doesnt interrupt his cast... some1 is going to think he is smart while saying "make some1 hit norm hits insted crits"... well if the parad enemy is war or dex mage getting actual hit within the very short time it takes to cast recall without the additional hp that critical hits gives you is pretty damn low.

Adding recall timer to max lvl players would be an awesome addition and it would most likely make alot of more players to join nemesis (including lots of old Survivor players). lets say its 3-5 seconds u have to wait after being damaged to recall, if you are not parad/ badly stunned/ frozen you can easily avoid being damaged and escape the situation... and in the other hand if you are parad/ badly stunned/ frozen you arent supposed to be able to escape easily.

I do not understand why this would not be changed. From personal experience, there are VERY FEW situations in which you have no other option to evade death besides recall. It is very hard to raid on a warrior, knowing that 1 cast can stop you from getting an ek, this is a little different than a mage cause mages have blizz, a damage spell that also freezes. A big thing that I have always argued against, 15 second para, already cripples warriors enough. Noone likes to be eking, have someone recall and pm you "jaja 10 hp noob", its annoying and unnecessary.

My solution, as previously mentioned, make it so you cannot recall within 10 seconds of damage if you are above level 150. At level 150 you can properly defend yourself, and have enough stat points to evade death by other means. To ignore this problem is to live in ignorance of whats going on in the server.

The 1st sentence goes already wrong... There are no situations in which you have no other options but to recall, if you get in such situation, something has gone wrong earlier.

Ok we are on the same page, u just said u can get in this situation. I really dont see a problem with testing this idea for a month. Also would like to see para 25 seconds tested, but thats a different story.

If ya wanna discuss paralyze time, please make another topic and keep this one about Recall. ;)

Just for the record, I completely disagree with any suggestion made to change recall. I can just imagine the number of players going "WTF" as they go for a cast, waste all that time casting, and then find out its failed because they were hit in the last 5 seconds and dying.

However, I'd possibly support getting it changed so that hits above 40 (flying hits) interrupt cast (so people can't recall in para for instance).

So what if those players are like wtf as they cast and it doesnt succeed, thats karma for trying to recall. :D Jing this is my last note about para i promise :D Para used to be 45 seconds and there wasnt much problems there, para is fairly easy to avoid n get out of.

Players that get ganked 3 v 1 (I gank a lot of players) deserve to be able to have a chance to get a recall off. This fixes the rare situation where a person who is fighting with the majority team uses a recall when they screw up and get themselves into trouble - but it doesn't fix 90% of the cases where a newbie gets ganked and recall is their only chance to not get ek'd.

On this basis, I don't support your suggestion.

Players that get ganked 3 v 1 (I gank a lot of players) deserve to be able to have a chance to get a recall off. This fixes the rare situation where a person who is fighting with the majority team uses a recall when they screw up and get themselves into trouble - but it doesn't fix 90% of the cases where a newbie gets ganked and recall is their only chance to not get ek'd.

On this basis, I don't support your suggestion.

I agree totally with this. You cannot force someone to : run, invis, hide, pull, log, activate merien whatever whatever... if all they wanna do is kill some mountain giants or Nizzies and suddenly they get jumped (by a few ppl) and have no other choice but to chug an invis pot for example ..and probably recall as the enemy (jumpers) dt.. This person, be it a noob or a lvl 180.. has every right to be able to recall.. whenever.. he/she wants.

By dictating the terms of when he/she can or cannot recall, you are dictating the terms of how they actually play 'Helbreath'. If you wanna dictate the terms of GAMEPLAY.. and force people to play a 'certain' way.....do it on a new map. Where the terms of play a dictated for everyone.. no excuses then.

In short. If you control recall, you control gameplay and you take away freedom of choice.

90% of the situations regarding recall are not like that. If they recall they postpone their hunting for that much longer, and then have to run back, basically same thing as dying. If they cant recall they might run vis around, lose em and continue hunting. I think the benefits of a delay on recall far surpass the negatives.

90% of the situations regarding recall are not like that. If they recall they postpone their hunting for that much longer, and then have to run back, basically same thing as dying. If they cant recall they might run vis around, lose em and continue hunting. I think the benefits of a delay on recall far surpass the negatives.

Sorry but they are. Yes you're right in time wasted it wastes much more time for players to recall (a lot of the time).

But in terms of reputation loss/enjoyment loss - dying is much worse.

You get what I'm saying right?

My problem with this idea, and it has been my problem from day 1, is that you are in essence forcing people to play the way you want them. On servers such as HBINT this "code of conduct" doesnt exist. Recall there wasnt a cardinal sin and didnt draw the heat it apparently does here. I know a lot of players who have migrated from servers such as HBINT who do not recognise or accept that they should play by this "code" - I am one of them. If im heavily outnumbered and I know this is a fight im not going to have any chance in, I will work out an escape plan. If that means recall then so be it.

What you are doing is, you are forcing people who do not agree with the way you play, to play the way you want them to. Sure continue to have your "PVPS" and your "No PFM 1 on 1" rules I dont care - AS LONG AS THEY ARENT FORCED UPON ME.

I know personally I would probably benefit from such a change in the spell but I just don't like the idea of having someone elses play style forced on me. I don't like the idea of these "rules" i must abide by if I see an Elv set in concrete so to speak.

Vampyr if thats the case then you should be able to enter enemy towns buildings. I believe this is a good idea and is worthy of a testing period, not too much to ask. And yes Eldon, I understand what your saying, bit like I said make a level cap for this delay, maybe 160- can continue to recall as it is now, from 160 on you can defend yourself.

I know a lot of the more lets say rich players are all for the recall to be changed. I know youve recently just returned here so you might be the exception. I can just see eking for these players (and the higher level players) becoming easier and as Eldon pointed out some players enjoyment being robbed from lower levels and people who arent so cashed up so to speak.

Say for example a fresh level 180 warrior is jumped at WW pit by a Full Hero mage with a good MP set. His only chance is to recall. For a mage with a good MP set interrupting recall that has for example a 5 second cast time or no damage period is not hard and freeze just makes it easier. He shouldnt have to stick around.

This player is going to die because of this change and why was it changed? Because a few players think that recall 1 on 1 is lame and because they dont like people getting away.

Sure I think its totally fair on people like me for example - I have a 90% ma set, I have HP sets and whatever else. But for the not so rich players the game will become boring and they will be sitting ducks.

I know a lot of the more lets say rich players are all for the recall to be changed. I know youve recently just returned here so you might be the exception. I can just see eking for these players (and the higher level players) becoming easier and as Eldon pointed out some players enjoyment being robbed from lower levels and people who arent so cashed up so to speak.

Say for example a fresh level 180 warrior is jumped at WW pit by a Full Hero mage with a good MP set. His only chance is to recall. For a mage with a good MP set interrupting recall that has for example a 5 second cast time or no damage period is not hard and freeze just makes it easier. He shouldnt have to stick around.

This player is going to die because of this change and why was it changed? Because a few players think that recall 1 on 1 is lame and because they dont like people getting away.

Sure I think its totally fair on people like me for example - I have a 90% ma set, I have HP sets and whatever else. But for the not so rich players the game will become boring and they will be sitting ducks.

I agree with this.

You are changing the 'game play' of HB if you 'force' ppl to play a certain way- It was meant to be the way it is.

In conclusion -

Suck it up, and play the game like it was meant to be played. This is a multiplayer game, and you can always find someone else to kill. Even with recall as it is, plenty of people have gotten Hero parts and Hero sets. Just suck it up, and deal with it.

Vamp you make some good points, I can see both sides of the spectrum but I still feel you always have another option besides recall. And for your example, Say a fresh 180 mage is at CG and a full hero 180 war comes, is that guaranteed death? No, I just dont like how underpowered wars are here, and I thought this addition would be a nice touch.