Sign in to follow this  
Hunter[GM]

Events And Dropping Items

In events, like summon events that happen in town, there is a chance you will die.

there are mass mobs, and lots of bumping going on.

I cannot and will not replace items or zems lost in events when you die. Don't even ask me!

While I would HOPE that players would return items dropped by their townmates when they die, this is not

always the case. There are no rules governing this. An item on the ground belongs to the person who

picks it up! now, if they are a stand up guy, they will give the items back to you but they dont have to

and the GMs cant "make" them do it!!! so, please, if you drop something, handle it. Ask the person to

return it to you. If they wont, speak to their guild master.

ie- the gm of Shroomz today, was discouraged that someone in his guild did not return a drop to someone

and he personally went to that player and replaced the item he lost. Thank you to shroomz GM. This is the

way it is to be handled.

the GMs are sorry you died, we dont intentionally try to kill you (unless you are ey! and wutafreek :P )

but we cant do anything about your zems/items if you lose them.

' date='Mar 26 2009, 02:15 PM' post='259308']

the GMs are sorry you died, we dont intentionally try to kill you (unless you are ey! and wutafreek :P )

Wait a second... :huh:

Anyways, yeah, Hunter has a very good point here. While we hope that most players would be nice enough to return your items, not everyone is that nice, sadly.

100% agreed

just one suggestion

when you do npcs inside chs please check theres no1 afk there

i was killed once like that :P

if its some1 afk there tp it to wh or somehting

Wait a second... :huh:

Anyways, yeah, Hunter has a very good point here. While we hope that most players would be nice enough to return your items, not everyone is that nice, sadly.

lmao, i knew something was up.

What is fair is fair :) GMs are not our nannies or cleaning lady or alike, so there is no valid point in asking one to "get your zem and pass it back"...

Like, lets say, youre walkin around and you drop a 100 dolar bill, the wind carries it to the other side of the street and you ask the guy walking on the other side (who picked it up) to pass it to you... now... what would u do if u were the guy in front? pass the bill back or play smart and keep it? it isnt stealing, as the bill was flying towards u... better that that, its just plain LUCK!

Note: if you are a smartass or else too naive, and answer that u will give the item back to the owner.. well congratulations dude! youre one in a million... which means 999.999 of the people wont do that samaritan gesture :) get the point?

A lot of people will return if asked nicely:

I've dealt with a number of these situations - the key is this:

1. Identify who took your drop, do it before you press restart

2. If you don't know who they are, try to find out in a non-agressive fashion

3. Ask "Hey, can I please have my <item> back, I just died and dropped it" - politeness increases your chances.

That way, at least if the guy is still a dick, you know you're justified in giving out whatever is coming their way.

most players will return items.

i know i always do and by doing so if i drop a item i get it back 99% of the time

Just last week someone passed me a crit 6 Battle Hammer trying to pass it to his friend

i gave it back to him. then yesterday i was in ig's didnt see a drop and he came up and

said hey you missed your drop and it was mp 14 legs M.

Yeah, there are nice players out there, and there are nasty ones.

The biggest thing you have to realize....is that even the NICEST player in Nemesis won't give you back an item if you're rude to them and/or accuse them of stealing your items.

So please be polite in asking for items back, it makes them much more likely to give you back what you lost.

Well that explains a couple of things.. :P

Well that explains a couple of things.. :P

hahahaha

I agree with the above in....A lot of times, it DOES depend on how you ASK the person for your item back.

If you come right out and accuse them of stealing, forget it. why should they give it back?

Before you restart, watch and see who picks it up....then ask them nicely to return it.