Sign in to follow this  
Svafnir

Suggestions: Battle Mage

I need some advices for a Battle Mage.

Im leveling it up to 180 being my final stats: 130 str, 50 dex, 200 int, and here comes my problem. Im doubtfull about going 150 mag/67 vit, or going 130mag/87vit.

Up till now, i have 130mag but i wonder if those 20 mag points from 130 to 150 are really worthy.

Also, with 130/87 i would have 60+ HP.

So, it is better to give up those 60 HP for more magic damage?

Thanks

Well, I don't know if this'll help any but here's a saying:

Running out of hp is worse than running out of mp. I'd probably go with 130 mag, you can ask Pyra - he has a lot of experience with bmages.

You can play with low vit, but you need to be "skilled", fast and with items... Allways shield cast.

Go to 195 Int, 72 Vit.

130 MAG is too low... you will not make nice blizz to wars and you will miss to Mages with 200 mag.

You can play with low vit, but you need to be "skilled", fast and with items... Allways shield cast.

Go to 195 Int, 72 Vit.

130 MAG is too low... you will not make nice blizz to wars and you will miss to Mages with 200 mag.

go with his suggestion of you have nice items skilled or very high fps

Have a look at all the battlemages, they are decked out with lots of items. This is the key to BMAGE. You have to remember with vit, its not only about max HP, its about regens.

you will want atleast 150 mag, get 100% shield and learn to shield cast.

you will still run out of mana really fast but atleast you will do ok blizz dmg.

Have a look at all the battlemages, they are decked out with lots of items. This is the key to BMAGE. You have to remember with vit, its not only about max HP, its about regens.

Lutka has no good items, I consider him as probably the best bmage in server and he has 37vit.

and he has a super computer like most of survivors, on nem1 there was several complains saying him and sylvia were speed hackers, and also, he always had good support, a thing that isnt much common to new guys

Don't ever go 200int on a bmage. The only thing 200int gets you over 195int, is MiM. And it's not as valuable as say.....5 more vit.

104 or 130str is usually what people shoot for.

At least 50dex

110mag at least, usually the least is 130 though. (For a blizzer you may want 150 minimum)

vit is mostly an afterthought with bmages, unless you are going more for support than offense.

Im reaching 180 and my final stats will go:

130 str

50dex

150mag

195int

72vit

Now, the questions are:

1. What angel should i go for? Mi war has 10 mp to be used. Should i take int (for 200) mag, dex or str??

2. Should i go first for dk wand+8 (at least) or dk sword+8?

130 str

50dex

150mag

195int

72vit

Now, the questions are:

1. What angel should i go for? Mi war has 10 mp to be used. Should i take int (for 200) mag, dex or str??

Go for a mag or dex angel. Your preference, but I would choose mag.

First go for at least dk wand+6 for the extra mana save. Then you can upgrade your dk sword to +2 (dkgis) and choose what you want to do after.

130 str

50dex

150mag

195int

72vit

Now, the questions are:

First go for at least dk wand+6 for the extra mana save. Then you can upgrade your dk sword to +2 (dkgis) and choose what you want to do after.

Why are you giving him bad advice?

First of all it's not worth getting a angel if you are not going to upgrade them, it is a waste of majestic points.

Second of all, the main dmg will be comming from your magic attacks, so upgrading your wand will be your main concern. DK+2 sword still sucks, so for pvp dmg get a reasonable crit flam.

And DO NOT get mage hero items, get the ones for warrior.

130 str

50dex

150mag

195int

72vit

Now, the questions are:

Why are you giving him bad advice?

First of all it's not worth getting a angel if you are not going to upgrade them, it is a waste of majestic points.

Second of all, the main dmg will be comming from your magic attacks, so upgrading your wand will be your main concern. DK+2 sword still sucks, so for pvp dmg get a reasonable crit flam.

And DO NOT get mage hero items, get the ones for warrior.

If it makes you run faster, it's worth getting. He never said he wasn't going to be upgrading it, so it's worth getting.

You didn't know Du used an upgraded dk sword to get full hero (Along with blizz) did you?

What is was planning to do was:

Once reached lvl 180 take dk set and upgrade first the wand, up to +8 at least.

Then i was thinking to upgrade the sword to +8 an then upgrade th wand again to +15

But thats my doubt. Still not sure if that's going to be the best to do. Maybe full upgrading the Wand and then focus on the sword.

The angel ATM i would only take it for the fps boost. It icnreases from 150 to almost 500 constant.

So.. thats why im taking it firstly. Then i'll se if i upgrade it.

What is was planning to do was:

Once reached lvl 180 take dk set and upgrade first the wand, up to +8 at least.

Then i was thinking to upgrade the sword to +8 an then upgrade th wand again to +15

But thats my doubt. Still not sure if that's going to be the best to do. Maybe full upgrading the Wand and then focus on the sword.

The angel ATM i would only take it for the fps boost. It icnreases from 150 to almost 500 constant.

So.. thats why im taking it firstly. Then i'll se if i upgrade it.

Yea that sounds like a good plan. Most times in pvp your fps plays a huge part in keeping up with fleein elvines (or aresdens, if you're an elvine) and being able to get far enough away and be able to cast fast enough to get spells off.

If you don't have an alternative to the dk+8 sword, like an ancient or sharp flam with rep/hp or a crit flam with very good stats, then I would shoot for the dk sword after +8 wand. If you do have an alternative, go +15 wand before you upgrade the sword at all.

Up to now have a right rep7 and a sharp rep5+1

Anyway, i can manage to get some nicer flams, that not the problem.

So, i think that i'll go for the +15 wand first.

Another question i have: Is the Flam+3+3 really worth?

thanks man for answering my doubts :D

On Therapist I've gone:

135 str (flam + light horns mp21 for 135 str) 50 dex, 195 int, 140 mag, and rest vit (60-80ish?).

It's working pretty well so far, I really need to upgrade my wand though lol.