Sign in to follow this  
JingGM

Rep, Righteous And Kloness Weapons

I will explain it to everyone here how righteous, kloness and rep works:

Mysteries about rep:

1) You can use /rep+ and /rep- every 60 minutes to change a player's reputation rating.

2) At any time, you cannot have more than 10000 rep. You also cannot have less than -10000 rep.

3) The rep get reset to 0 if you exceed 10000 rep, but you can never exceed it. So this only applies to GM characters or hackers.

4) Check your rep with "/rt" or "/rating " or "/Rating " (note the space)

Mysteries about righteous weapons:

1) Righteous weapons give bonus damage of up to +10.

2) The bonus is only applied if your enemy has negative (< 0) rep.

3) To calculate bonus do: enemy rating / 10 * -1 (max 10).

4) Righteous weapons have nothing to do with your own rating...

5) Oh yea, righteous doesnt work against NPC.

Conclusion: righteous sux and kloness rule :-)

I hope that clarifies everything a bit.

Mysteries about kloness items:

1)Kloness items give bonus damage of up to +5 to NPC

2) For NPC: kloness item give +X bonus damage (max 5), where X is your rating / 100. If your rating is <= 0, no bonus damage is applied.

Kloness gives you bonus damage based on YOUR reputation, and gives additional bonus damage based on your ENEMY's reputation.

The first bonus can be up to +5. If your reputation is >0, you get bonus damage. The bonus damage is REP/100, max 5. So if you have 500 rep, you get +5 damage. If you have 250 rep, you get +3 damage.

The next bonus can be up to +10. This is based on the enemy's reputation. If your enemy has NEGATIVE reputation, then an additional bonus is applied. The bonus damage is EnemyREP/100, max 10. So if your enemy got 500 rep, then you get +0 bonus damage. If your enemy has -300 rep, you get +3 bonus damage. If your enemy has -1200 rep, you get +10 bonus damage.

Conclusion: Kloness ROX, Righteous SUX.

Kloness works on Magic attacks as well.

The Kloness Necklace works different from the weapons/staff. It is a little suckier than the weapon/staff version.

Kloness necklace only gives 1 bonus. And that is for negative enemy reputation. You get the following bonus (it's different!):

When enemy has negative REP, you get bonus. It can be max +5 bonus. It's not REP/100 like the weapon/staff, but REP/20. So when your enemy has 100 rep, you get +0 bonus from necklace. If your enemy has -40 REP, you get +2 bonus, when -120 REP, you get +5 bonus...

All kloness is for both Physical+Magic. This makes the Kloness Wand the BEST item, and the Kloness Necklace the WORST item of Kloness xD

In addition: all this bonus is applied early. This means it is doubled by BESERK!!!

Killing a player from your own town (crimming) gives you -10 Rep.

Killing a Unicorn gives you -2 Rep.

Killing a Guard doesnt affect your rep

kloness nice for npc only, all player have rep+ XD

not really, if you have 500 rep, when you zerk you get +10 dmg against npcs, and most mages have - rep, so still more dmg, klones add dmg b4 bonuses, so it may crit very hight even against dks, lii hit criticals on maynard for example.

if your enemy has + rep, still you get the +5 bonus

not really, if you have 500 rep, when you zerk you get +10 dmg against npcs

Is this true?

not really, if you have 500 rep, when you zerk you get +10 dmg against npcs

Is this true?

Yes, zerk doubles rep bonus dmg.

sorry 4 posting here (which is an inactive thread), but jaapy or jing forgot to say that from above 500 rep, every 100 rep is+1 dmg (read that on portal).

The jaapy's explenation is wrong about rep/right/kloness.

Here is the correct one:

--Kloness Wand on dealing Magical Damage--

If the Attacker's Rep (= Wearer of kloness !) is POSITIVE (= above 0 (zero)), the damage will be increased by the amount of rep this attacker has devided by 100 with a minimum of 5 damage

Simplified:

If (AttackerRep > 0) Then RepDamage = AttackerRep / 100

If (RepDamage < 5) Then RepDamage = 5

Damage += RepDamage

(Applied for both players and monsters)

If the Defender's Rep (= the guy who is being attacked by a kloness item) is NEGATIVE (= below 0 (zero)), then the damage will be increased by the absulate amount of the defenders rep / 10 with a maximum of 10 damage

Simplified:

If (DefenderRep < 0) Then RepDamage = abs(DefenderRep) / 10

If (RepDamage > 10) Then RepDamage = 10

Damage += RepDamage

(Only applied to Players, not to monsters)

--Kloness Necklace on dealing Magical Damage--

The damage is increased by the defenders absolute rep / 20 with a maximum of 5 damage.

Simplified:

RepDamage = abs(DefenderRep) / 20

If (RepDamage > 5) Then RepDamage = 5

Damage += RepDamage

Kloness weapons are strong if your own rep is POSITIVE, the higher your own rep, the higher the damage of the kloness item, there is a minimum of 5 rep, so no difference between having 0 rep, or 500 rep as you'll always get the +5 damage, above 500 rep kloness grows in power every 100 rep, so at 10k rep you'll be dealing +100 damage using your kloness weapon.

Kloness weapons are additionaly stronger if your enemy's rep is good (either positive or negative), but has a limit damage addition of +10

Kloness necklace is strong if your enemy's rep is alot (either alot positive, or alot negative)

Righteous description is correct.

my conclusion: klones is good if you own a weapon, get rep+, don't get yourself rep- at any time as it'll increase damage dealt against you from a kloness item :P

Here is the correct one:

--Kloness Wand on dealing Magical Damage--

If the Attacker's Rep (= Wearer of kloness !) is POSITIVE (= above 0 (zero)), the damage will be increased by the amount of rep this attacker has devided by 100 with a minimum of 5 damage

Simplified:

If (AttackerRep > 0) Then RepDamage = AttackerRep / 100

If (RepDamage < 5) Then RepDamage = 5

Damage += RepDamage

(Applied for both players and monsters)

If the Defender's Rep (= the guy who is being attacked by a kloness item) is NEGATIVE (= below 0 (zero)), then the damage will be increased by the absulate amount of the defenders rep / 10 with a maximum of 10 damage

Simplified:

If (DefenderRep < 0) Then RepDamage = abs(DefenderRep) / 10

If (RepDamage > 10) Then RepDamage = 10

Damage += RepDamage

--Kloness Necklace on dealing Magical Damage--

The damage is increased by the defenders absolute rep / 20 with a maximum of 5 damage.

Simplified:

RepDamage = abs(DefenderRep) / 20

If (RepDamage > 5) Then RepDamage = 5

Damage += RepDamage

Kloness weapons are strong if your own rep is POSITIVE, the higher your own rep, the higher the damage of the kloness item, there is a minimum of 5 rep, so no difference between having 0 rep, or 500 rep as you'll always get the +5 damage, above 500 rep kloness grows in power every 100 rep, so at 10k rep you'll be dealing +100 damage using your kloness weapon.

Kloness weapons are additionaly stronger if your enemy's rep is good (either positive or negative), but has a limit damage addition of +10

Kloness necklace is strong if your enemy's rep is alot (either alot positive, or alot negative)

Righteous description is correct.

my conclusion: klones is good if you own a weapon, get rep+, don't get yourself rep- at any time as it'll increase damage dealt against you from a kloness item :P

thanks for the explanation ;).

4) There is one exception to (3): "Kloness Necklace" gives a different bonus value: enemy rating / 20 * -1. So if that same enemy has -22 rep, you get +1 bonus damage from Kloness Necklace.

klones neck Deals +1 Damage for every 20 Reputation Points of the target with a maximum of +5 Damage.

so dm 5 neck is better than a klones neck cuz the rep of the target dont care.

its ok?

klones weapongs do>

Deals +5 Damage.

Deals +1 Damage for every 100 Positive Reputation Points above 500.

Deals +1 Damage for every 10 Negative Reputation Points of the target with a maximum of +10 Damage. THE REP OF THE TARGET SHOULD BE NEGATIVE. IF is positive this point dont have effect.

that is the nemesis portal say.

yes, DM5 would in this case be better then K neck due to K-necks limit of maximum 5, this makes DM5 better as it ALWAYS adds +5 dmg, while k-neck is conditional on enemy rep.

Here is the correct one:

This part confuses me... It states that if you would have a rep of 10000 you will be dealing +100 damage. But at the end of the sentence it states that there is a limit damage addition of +10.

Please can someone tell me if there is a limit on the extra damage (+1) for every 100 rep above 500 rep?

I mean I now have 1580 rep. So if I understand at the moment the extra damage will be:

+5 default extra damage from kloness wand

+10 damage from the 1000 rep I have above 500

= +15 damage on people with postive rep, and more on people with negative rep

Correct?

So my question is.... if I get 2000 rep. Will I then be dealing the following damage?

+5 default extra damage from kloness wand

+15 damage from the 1000 rep I have above 500 (or is the max addition from this +10?)

= +20 damage on anyone with positive rep? and more on ppl with negative rep?

Thanks for the clarification.

Greetings,

Solini

Edited by Solini

K Weapons (= wand, sword, esterk and axe):

- +1 Damage for every 100 rep

- if your rep is 599 or less, you always make +5 damage

- Maximum +10 Damage (you'd reach +10 dmg at rep 1000 or more)

- +1 Damage for every 20 rep your enemy has below 0 (zero)

- Maximum +5 Damage (you'd reach +5 dmg if your enemy's rep is -100 or less)

--> So your max bonus is +15 Damage, the first +10 you can affect by yourself (your own rep), the last +5 you can't know, unless you know your enemy's rep.

K Necklace:

K Weapons (= wand, sword, esterk and axe):

- +1 Damage for every 100 rep

- if your rep is 599 or less, you always make +5 damage

- Maximum +10 Damage (you'd reach +10 dmg at rep 1000 or more)

--> So your max bonus is +15 Damage, the first +10 you can affect by yourself (your own rep), the last +5 you can't know, unless you know your enemy's rep.

K Necklace:

So this is not true?

so at 10k rep you'll be dealing +100 damage using your kloness weapon

Edited by Solini

You got to be kidding..... :(

I mean this is what is states on the nemesis portal....

Deals +5 Damage.

Deals +1 Damage for every 10 Negative Reputation Points of the target with a maximum of +10 Damage.

The way I understand this...

The wand by default has +5 extra damage....

The wand gives +1 damage for every 100 rep above 500 rep (of the user)

The wand gives +1 damage for every 10 negative rep of your enemy (with a max of +10 damage)

This is in my eyes the only way it can be understood.. and it says nowhere that there is a limit to the additional damage you get from every 100 rep above 500 rep....

Besides that in this post earlier there was stated that with 10000 rep you would have +100 damage.. Seems logical why else is there a max of 10000 rep??? Whats the use of that max 10000 rep if kloness weapon only give a max of +10 damage from positive rep (so 1500 rep is max).

The kloness wand would be prety useless if you can't deal more damage then +15 on people with positive rep... It would then be equal to a DK+15 wand....... The only advantage would be if you by coincedence hit an enemy with more then -100 rep... And the kloness wand is ms20... I cant believe this... I can't believe that such a rare item would be this bad... Can't be ment like that...

If you look on the rarity list, it is even more rare then beserk ms20 wand.... And with that rarity is worse then dk15 wand?(on ppl with positive rep and being ms20) and that only if you spent much time and patience to get 1500 rep..... you got to be kidding me :blink:

Edited by Solini

White and i tested it here a couple of days ago. He had 9000 rep, meaning he should dealt a lot of dmg..

But he didnt.. So there is as White said a max of +10 dmg.

And depends on the enemy's rep, then the dmg can be btw. +1-5 extra..

Deals +5 Damage.

Deals +1 Damage for every 10 Negative Reputation Points of the target with a maximum of +10 Damage.

The wand gives +1 damage for every 10 negative rep of your enemy (with a max of +10 damage)

This is in my eyes the only way it can be understood.. and it says nowhere that there is a limit to the additional damage you get from every 100 rep above 500 rep....

Besides that in this post earlier there was stated that with 10000 rep you would have +100 damage.. Seems logical why else is there a max of 10000 rep??? Whats the use of that max 10000 rep if kloness weapon only give a max of +10 damage from positive rep (so 1500 rep is max).

The kloness wand would be prety useless if you can't deal more damage then +15 on people with positive rep... It would then be equal to a DK+15 wand....... The only advantage would be if you by coincedence hit an enemy with more then -100 rep... And the kloness wand is ms20... I cant believe this... I can't believe that such a rare item would be this bad... Can't be ment like that...

If you look on the rarity list, it is even more rare then beserk ms20 wand.... And with that rarity is worse then dk15 wand?(on ppl with positive rep and being ms20) and that only if you spent much time and patience to get 1500 rep..... you got to be kidding me :blink:

White and i tested it here a couple of days ago. He had 9000 rep, meaning he should dealt a lot of dmg..

But he didnt.. So there is as White said a max of +10 dmg.

And depends on the enemy's rep, then the dmg can be btw. +1-5 extra..

Deals +5 Damage.

Just an update...

I pm'd with whitefang, he is gonna check the sourcecode on it because he agrees that if this is the case its kind of stupid for such a rare weapon (even more rare then beserk wand).

He thinks the max might be a bit higher then +10, but definatly not +100. Which I agree would be a bit to much...

the item rarity doesnt show how rare itens are, theres almost no k wand because ppl dont hunt unis

k wand is worth on physical hits, as the dmg gets add b4 other bonus, u can crit 60+ at mages wearing dk, if u have 40 str and no dm itens, and when u get zerked, u do +30, dk15 makes dmg wandx2 + 15

and also, a iten being a rare doesnt mean its suposed to be godly

People could go hunt more unis if they dont get rep- or if killing unis give +2 rep instead of giving rep-.

But for like it is this makes killing unicorns way harder considering your rep is gonna be really bad for when a kloness items drops :P .

People could go hunt more unis if they dont get rep- or if killing unis give +2 rep instead of giving rep-.

But for like it is this makes killing unicorns way harder considering your rep is gonna be really bad for when a kloness items drops :P .

It's easy to kil unicorns, i can solo them -_-

This makes me think that possibly that all the rep+ damage is added to only the physical damage of the kloness wand instead of the magic damage as well. Looking at the portal, the kwand has the same physical dice damages as a zwand does, but hits way harder.

Maybe check that White.

i think its added for magical dmg also, but dk15 is still better because it always adds 15 dmg

kat, unicorns have better drops than demons (uni rares are way better) and they stay at a safe map, where u cant be raided some days of week, and its not likely to be atacked even on raid days, so what else do you want?

also, its really easy to make a 180 char here, you can make one char to only hunt unis real quick