Sign in to follow this  
ShadowS

Ban Oldies What They Still Doing In Server

Same old thing has been around forever the only times drops arent jumped is when only your guild is around and sometimes still not even safe. During the warrior summon event I was knocked off two seperate drops. In my opinion if a GM is nice enough to offer to take drops you should be very happy for his help. Understand that if there is anything on the ground it is fair game. You may abide by good manners and high morale but that doesnt mean everyone else does too. Unfortunately Oldies did nothing wrong (in the eyes of admins) complete and total jerks but you only have yourself to blame for not letting Hunter help.

Same old thing has been around forever the only times drops arent jumped is when only your guild is around and sometimes still not even safe. During the warrior summon event I was knocked off two seperate drops. In my opinion if a GM is nice enough to offer to take drops you should be very happy for his help. Understand that if there is anything on the ground it is fair game. You may abide by good manners and high morale but that doesnt mean everyone else does too. Unfortunately Oldies did nothing wrong (in the eyes of admins) complete and total jerks but you only have yourself to blame for not letting Hunter help.

Hunter always wants to help. But when he go there and help there will be always ppl enjoying the help and others complaining because they are the raiders and not the hunters.

Hunt abby isnt bad and raiding abby hunt isnt bad also...So we choosed not to involve any more in the apoca...

luzbe and the other guys got perm ban?

also chucky?

btw i tought this bug was fixed long ago :S

i was there runin Argen part.. Eldon, u couldnt stop my lilt sister's hunt.. u came, and as u came u left, cause Brother logged, Morpheus died, and Medic also 2 times, nobody says u dont know nothing of the game, in fact, i respect your opinion a lot, but stop sayin u r the best mage on HB cause u r not, u always die..

Hunter dced, so there was no GM there, and Oldies took drop, u cant say anything to them, just know what r they like..

ty

who said Eld0n the best mage ? if his noob use long boots and cape violet HAHAHAHAH

if eld0n are the best mage pvp me, and what about the real good mages? who know eld0n man :S

god.. is amazing... btw, eld0n die all days :S this is THE BEST MAGE? OMG LMAO..

go hb pl or usa.. zzzz

Who the hell are you to talk? usa players owns everyone in here so bad, ROFL!

anyways thumbs up or Eldon, he's a respected player, it's not all about dieing or not dieing, i bet he gets 5vs1'ed all the time

I think this conversation has nothing to do with the topic..

And its kind of rough statement =D I never played HB usa!

i agree that in usa there were alot of good players

here you can count them :S

our server is growing strong each time so i bet ppl will be learning more and getting as good as usa-s lvl and higher eventually

Luzbelito is perm banned.

Tifa, SiriuS and TheBoss 1 week.

Chuky wasnt even there. he was menctioned in this topic because he is the one showed me this bug 2 years ago.

Luzbelito is perm banned.

Tifa, SiriuS and TheBoss 1 week.

Chuky wasnt even there. he was menctioned in this topic because he is the one showed me this bug 2 years ago.

oh ok sorry i got lost somwhere

your really the karma police

Ok, I'll give you a fair opinion.

HB has a bad drop system for large hunts, you need to use leadership and influence to convince people to do the right thing, rather than power (e.g. master looting, GM looting).

You got an easy run of the hunt, and you still didn't do what you needed to do to ensure cooperation, e.g. bring trustworthy people.

I feel bad for you, but I think you were lucky to get it down at all. As I said, had I had more time, I would have made more efforts to stop you (and we've done it before - you know this).

It's not personal, it's just elv vs ares. We get raided on our hunts, you get raided on yours, doesn't matter what hunt it is :)

Added: Also btw, keep in mind that as a raider, I have no issue at all with Hunter helping you - just thought I'd make that clear.

Ok, I'll give you a fair opinion.

HB has a bad drop system for large hunts, you need to use leadership and influence to convince people to do the right thing, rather than power (e.g. master looting, GM looting).

You got an easy run of the hunt, and you still didn't do what you needed to do to ensure cooperation, e.g. bring trustworthy people.

I feel bad for you, but I think you were lucky to get it down at all. As I said, had I had more time, I would have made more efforts to stop you (and we've done it before - you know this).

It's not personal, it's just elv vs ares. We get raided on our hunts, you get raided on yours, doesn't matter what hunt it is :)

Added: Also btw, keep in mind that as a raider, I have no issue at all with Hunter helping you - just thought I'd make that clear.

I dont see a way to fix the drop system at abby.

Maybe something like force recall to all exept guildmaster chars when abbadon dead can do...but we still need to trust in guildmasters and we are in the same....

That'd be chaos, for foodgaming people, nobody would remember who was there lol! There is no way to fix it, in a sense its a good system.

The punishment for drop scammers should be being outcast from their town - by players.

Let people know what they did, make them unwelcome in your town. If you see one hunting, inform ares. Do that kind of stuff that lets them know that they will no longer receive your protection.

Otherwise, better luck next time.

At another Games the one who make more damage on a monster is the only one who can pick the drop at the first 2 minutes.

But this will not help on the large hunts, only on the personal trainning.

I dont think we should change this, just hunt with the players you trust.

well for the, i think 2nd time, i agree with eldon.. there's nothing to do here, just make Oldies know they r not welcome in elv.. thats it.. the rest, is Helbreath..

guys

our own rules have us kind of hand tied

Normally all town would kill and help ares to kill them

in this server u cant help ares do that

its banneable reason

:S

That'd be chaos, for foodgaming people, nobody would remember who was there lol! There is no way to fix it, in a sense its a good system.

The punishment for drop scammers should be being outcast from their town - by players.

Let people know what they did, make them unwelcome in your town. If you see one hunting, inform ares. Do that kind of stuff that lets them know that they will no longer receive your protection.

Otherwise, better luck next time.

Create a new char. Diff name. kthxbye

At another Games the one who make more damage on a monster is the only one who can pick the drop at the first 2 minutes.

But this will not help on the large hunts, only on the personal trainning.

I dont think we should change this, just hunt with the players you trust.

The one who kills the mob will be the only one to pick drop for 2 minutes.

Add a msg to certain mobs such as: Dragon/Wyv/HC/TW/Abby etc...not every monster just BOSS mobsters.

"You have just killed XX. You got X minutes to pick up the drop."

This message will be displayed to the player who killed the mob ONLY.

Addon: if clientwhokilledmob is in a party, sendmsg[clientwhokilledmob-name] killed XX.

To everyone in the party.

Seems fair to me.

You know as well as I do, it's hard to hide your identity on HB, sooner or later, your items or someone will identify you.

Also, you can't do a restriction on drops like that. First, what if an oldie got last hit and got the kill. Second, what if they just stood on the drop for 2 mins, and it became a mad scramble, or PK'd the person who could pick up the drops.

You just need to work with the system as it is now.

You know as well as I do, it's hard to hide your identity on HB, sooner or later, your items or someone will identify you.

Also, you can't do a restriction on drops like that. First, what if an oldie got last hit and got the kill. Second, what if they just stood on the drop for 2 mins, and it became a mad scramble, or PK'd the person who could pick up the drops.

You just need to work with the system as it is now.

1. Not really. You could hide your identity if you know how.

2. Why not? Don't let no one come around while ya killing it. If they stood on the drop for 2 mins then try to fly them away at least you get an opportunity.

My thoughts ain't about raiding the hunt...is about people waiting till mob dies to JUMP on the drops.

Why you so against the change? ^_^

i was playing in one server of helbreath, where all drops is automarically appear in the bag player, who did the last hit. If bag is full - drop on the ground. I think, can be added message like "Drop picked up Hunter[GM]".

Don't no, mabe that helps..

I'm just trying to tell you the logistics of how it would pan out, the change. I'm not against a drop system in HB, I just don't think that one would work. I'll let farjat/Jaapy comment.

ok I'd my two cents here.

1. HB isn't perfect. at the moment there is no fix for drop thieves. Stop expecting GM's to police something impossible.

2. IF there is a way to solve this, I'm sure it's being looked at, so while making a post like this may bring attention to the problem, It just creates a flame war.

3. I think some of you guys must be the most annoying people on the Planet in real life. you sound like Morons here, and you can stop yourself before hitting "Add Reply" on the Forums. You must bug the Crap out of people without that filter.

4. I'd go on, But I'd rather not go off topic.

B)

PS. USA server was and always will be a bunch of noobers.

Hm... maybe u can make a command for hunt leader as : "/kick -Nickname- and it will kick any elvine (if the hunt leader is elv) and the same for ares hunt leader.

Then... ares can raid elv hunt... and elv can raid ares hunt... but no elvs will be able to steal or participate in the hunt if the hunt leader doesnt want to.

Is it possible to create this command? to kick a player out of a specific map?

Hm... maybe u can make a command for hunt leader as : "/kick -Nickname- and it will kick any elvine (if the hunt leader is elv) and the same for ares hunt leader.

Then... ares can raid elv hunt... and elv can raid ares hunt... but no elvs will be able to steal or participate in the hunt if the hunt leader doesnt want to.

That'd be easily exploitable. Also you'd need to consider a damage timer on it to stop people saving their guildmates using it in cases of PvP. Further, you'd need to stop people getting around that damage timer to avoid getting kicked while they drop steal by hitting each other.

Also, you'd need to know who is untrustworthy to kick them, in which case you should have done it in the first place. I spose if they are waiting standing on abby its fairly obvious - but it'd still not really work.

However, I think this is something you learn from. Once you learn someone is untrustworthy, just don't bring them again. Sure, you're going to lose out sometimes, but eventually you'll end up with a trusted core, and things will be fine.

A possible solution I thought of is this.

A database program is made, that records all members in the map or all members within a certain set of coordinates in a map (e.g. around abaddon) when it dies.

Abaddon drops do not actually drop (somehow, or are deleted) and instead the program runs a "foodgame" (50/50 chance of yes/no) on each member starting in a random order, for every person there.

Those members who win are notified by PM or something (or a forum post is made) and they get to choose, in the order of winners, who gets the drop.

It's one fresh FG to each drop, once someone gets an item, they are out of the subsequent FG.

Players would need to opt into this system on the website before they go do the hunt (the agreed hunt leader would have to anyway).

But there's flaws with this plan, a lot.

That'd be easily exploitable. Also you'd need to consider a damage timer on it to stop people saving their guildmates using it in cases of PvP. Further, you'd need to stop people getting around that damage timer to avoid getting kicked while they drop steal by hitting each other.

Also, you'd need to know who is untrustworthy to kick them, in which case you should have done it in the first place. I spose if they are waiting standing on abby its fairly obvious - but it'd still not really work.

However, I think this is something you learn from. Once you learn someone is untrustworthy, just don't bring them again. Sure, you're going to lose out sometimes, but eventually you'll end up with a trusted core, and things will be fine.

I guess i didnt said it right. This command is for abby map only.

But there could be some problems... im just looking for a solution, maybe from mine.. u can improve it and make the one.

Anyways, the things is... that no one wants to spend 12 hours playing HB, just for learning who is and whos not trustworthy in game.

Btw I edited my post and made an addition, and yes I know you meant for abby. But if we raided you and iced your mages, I wouldn't want them "escaping" by a command from the hunt leader.

Also then you'd get people there with untypeable names. But maybe my suggestion could work (above) - I don't think it needs to be done though.

I like learning who I can trust and who I can't - sometimes I get on the bad end of it (people rip me off) but they never get to do it twice.