Sign in to follow this  
oceaneagle

Lewbowski's Comment

In Farjat's call for comments on the running of this Server and included in Lew's reply. Lew states that he is too old to be playing Video Games.

NO! Lew you are not too old. You are a pioneer. What you must understand is that when you were a pipsqueak games such as this didn't exist. A computer capable of handling the software would need to be the size of a football stadium.

Do you really think that the teenagers of today who take all this hardware and software for granted will suddenly at the age of 40 or 50 say "That's it, I am too old now, pass me my pipe and slippers" ?

No Lew me old chum. They will be dominating the market having grown up with it, just as you have. You are just a Forerunner and a taste of things to come. It is a fact that the 'Silver Surfers' of the UK already out number the kids. Can you imagine the expertise the likes of Jaapy and Whitey will have acquired by the time they reach middle age. For sure they ain't going to roll over and die.

When I first started playing on-line games siht talking hormone racing kids dominated the internet. Now these same kids are in their 20s & 30s and have matured into the backbone of gaming.

Excellent point Ocean. I've seen alot of "Kids" mature on this very server. and that does make "older" players feel more welcome.

OK..... I'm not going anywhere. need to represent the O.G.'s ( Original Gammers).

B)

Excellent point Ocean. I've seen alot of "Kids" mature on this very server. and that does make "older" players feel more welcome.

OK..... I'm not going anywhere. need to represent the O.G.'s ( Original Gammers).

B)

Original Gangster ;)

What the... I'm not "middle age" (you mean 40+ right) but I aint a kid either OK? :P Im 23yrs old

I think most staff is over 21, White might be the exception :P

There's 3 exceptions to that on the staff, Jaapy.

But of course, that doesn't mean we don't know our stuff. ;)

What the... I'm not "middle age" (you mean 40+ right) but I aint a kid either OK? :P Im 23yrs old

Which means you were about 15 when I started playing HB. Now look at you. you're an incredible value to the Game.

It's interesting, because at my age, I haven't changed much. But alot of the players have, Most for the Better! I didn't know many of you, But it's nice to see people who used to act like *censored*'s, control themselves and make the game more enjoyable.

B)

what!! what was wrong with my asteroids consol!!im sure it had like 0.00001 mb of ram ))

any way your only as old as your missus feels )) :lol:

Don't be so touchy and carefully read what I wrote again. No one said anything about you being middle aged now, I said that when you are you will not just roll over and die.

Sheesh! Is my writing and grammar that bad?

... the teenagers of today who take all this hardware and software for granted will suddenly at the age of 40 or 50 say ... It is a fact that the 'Silver Surfers' of the UK already out number the kids. Can you imagine the expertise the likes of Jaapy and Whitey will have acquired by the time they reach middle age.

Don't be so touchy and carefully read what I wrote again. No one said anything about you being middle aged now, I said that when you are you will not just roll over and die. Sheesh! Is my writing and grammar that bad?

No your grammar is fine. You called me a kid... that's all. Not trying to be touchy :P Although, if I called you a kid or "son" you'd be touchy, too... I'm sure!

"Can you imagine the expertise the likes of Jaapy and Whitey will have acquired by the time they reach middle age. For sure they ain't going to roll over and die"

Above is my only reference to your good self and White. I do NOT refer to either of you as a 'kid'.

I do in an earlier paragraph state that in the UK Silver Surfers now out-weigh kids but that is not a reference to you.

Incidentally if you did call me 'son' or 'kid' I would be quite amused considering I am old enough to be your Granddad. ;)

Which means you were about 15 when I started playing HB. Now look at you. you're an incredible value to the Game.

It's interesting, because at my age, I haven't changed much. But alot of the players have, Most for the Better! I didn't know many of you, But it's nice to see people who used to act like *censored*'s, control themselves and make the game more enjoyable.

B)

Funny thing is... im 23 too. and i DID start playing HB when i was 15 :D

-Narr