Sign in to follow this  
Jaapy

Suggestions For Online Item Exchange

I'm very proud to announce the world's first online item exchange for Helbreath. No server has ever done this before! I'm working on finishing this up very soon. But, before I do I want to see if there are any cool ideas or suggestions I can include. I'm sure many of you at some point considered what it would be like when such a service was added to Helbreath (be it ingame or on website).

Here is how it works in general:

You login to your account on the website. Then you can pick "New Item Exchange". On that page you can see your account's online status and a list of all the items from all of your character's warehouses (combined list). You can also select between two types of trades:

- Freeform item exchange: you select an item and is put online. People are then free to offer what they want for it. You can then personally select an item from the offers;

- Auction: you set which item(s) you need for buyout. All other offers are considered "bids" and work the same way as freeform item exchange. If someone offers equal to or better then the buyout items they will immediately acquire the items discarding the bidding proces.

Trades last for 7 days max. After the 7th day is over, the items are returned to their original owners.

Of course you need to be offline to be able to put up an item exchange. Your item is removed from the warehouse as long as the trade is running. Once the item exchange is complete, your new items appear in your control panel where you can put them back on one of your characters (also need to be offline for this).

As a buyer you can browse a list of available item exchanges others have put up (you can filter this list for specific items you want to search for). Once you found an item exchange you can bid or buyout. Bidding an item will cause it to be removed from your warehouse (only warehoused items are available for exchange).

I will add some screenshots later.

Good idea Jaapy. Although for an auction, you may have to come up with a default unit of payment (mstones?).

I thought about this initially, but it's not needed. It works like this:

You set which item you want to sell, for example:

1x Light16 Hauberk(M) HP49.

Then, you can set which items you want for buyout, for example:

1x Any Hauberk(W) HP49+

or

1x Any ChainHose(W) HP49+

or

1x Any PlateMail(W) HP42+

Of course, people can always choose to OFFER other items. You will have to look at them and accept/decline them manually though, they are not purchased automatically. Buyout IS purchased automatically!

Other example:

Sell: 1x Xelima Axe

For: 1x Ice Sword + 1x Blood Sword

You can cancel the trades at any time and resubmit for another buyout if you want to change it.

But maybe the buyout thing can be unnecessairy as most ppl will probably just offer other items. So I'm not 100% sure yet if I will include the buyout option on first release.

That's a really awesome idea, Jaapy, but what about people who would spam offers? Any ideas on how to take care of the people that offer 1x Slime Jelly on 20 different trades, just to be annoying?

Also, I think the buyout is a nice option, but I agree that it isn't really necessary for the first release. Still, it might be a nice thing to have.

Will there be a limit of how many items you can offer at once?

Will players get a notification in the mail/on the website for when their item is past the 7 day limit, or if it gets bought out (if you add that last one)?

Some things to think about. :P

this idea would be great if thre was a universal currency. like maybe 1 million gold can be transformed into a ticket. and with those tickets you can exchange to a npc in order to get a chance to get a piece of stated armor. that way people on the exchange will buy out using tickets instead of just random item offers.

ex. 500 tickets buy out for IE sword

That's a really awesome idea, Jaapy, but what about people who would spam offers? Any ideas on how to take care of the people that offer 1x Slime Jelly on 20 different trades, just to be annoying?

Will there be a limit of how many items you can offer at once?

You need to filter to get rid of the annoying ones. This will not be a problem. The limit can help prevent spamming. 10 or 20 items to trade simultaneously sounds OK to me. I guess I'll add that.

Will players get a notification in the mail/on the website for when their item is past the 7 day limit, or if it gets bought out (if you add that last one)?

Ah yea. Of course!

this idea would be great if thre was a universal currency. like maybe 1 million gold can be transformed into a ticket. and with those tickets you can exchange to a npc in order to get a chance to get a piece of stated armor. that way people on the exchange will buy out using tickets instead of just random item offers.

ex. 500 tickets buy out for IE sword

Like I posted before, I thought about this initially but I don't think this will work nicely. The way I wrote now is more how it's done ingame through global chat, but then at your convinience without the hassle of spamming it in global endlessly looking for buyers. Alot more trades can happen this way. The marketplace forum is not really good enough because you can only inform players of your intended trade. You still need to find them ingame, which can be a burden sometimes. The website item exchange requires not player interaction, fully automatic. That's the good part about it.

This is a neat idea, I just wish it was built into the game somehow :)

I like to see as much interaction in the game as possible.

Ingame would be nice indeed. Although keeping Helbreath as original as possible is also good. I decided to do this on the website mainly because you can view and access your trades anywhere you want. For example, when you're working or are in the train with your cellphone. Much more accessible this way.

AWSOME Jaapy!

My ideas for the system:

-Comment box where you could leave wishes and messages when setting up a trade. Max lenght of 200 characters?

-Possibility to add forum account under traders name, for contacting ppl.

-Trade log for keeping up with trades! Could be showing example, succeeded trades, failed trades and cancelations.

-Verification for trades so that you would avoid accidental clicks/hitting enter, which might cause problems.

My suggestions to prevent spammers:

-100lvl limit to be able to do trades online

-Basic alchemy parts made tradeble for money,zems and stones, and rare alchemy and monster parts no limit.

-Ability for mods to see traders last 5 ips used ingame and accounts linked to those ips. (Link logs to this)

-1month ban for abusers and removing the possibility to do trades online.

Those should be able to null the abusers. Ofc some1 still can spam, but it would be so hard that propably very few would do it.

IMO NO for Rogues suggestion/Default unit of paying:

Market will balance itself if you let ppl trade mstones/xstones/zems for stuff. Law of demand and suply rox!

Money has no real value in helbreath and making a new unit would be almost impossible to balance with ingame issues including droprate balance, item balance and enjoyable gaming experience. That requires lots of developing and testing while only minor advantage would be gained.

Here, I've done something similar to this (not an item exchanger persa, mostly a item for value exchange... anyway)

Put in a force log out on it. This will stop tons and tons of complaints and even stop people from abusing log/trade/log duping. So please, before you put this in, have it automatically disconnect the said character before they're allowed to post the item.

Put in a force log out on it. This will stop tons and tons of complaints and even stop people from abusing log/trade/log duping. So please, before you put this in, have it automatically disconnect the said character before they're allowed to post the item.

Already considered this. Some time ago the website already got upgraded so that it can detect wether an account is in-use in realtime. You can see it on some places already (control panel, tickets). This functionality will be used to detect if you are offline before the item exchange. You can't initiate a trade while being online of course.

bloody great idea jappy ,, right up my alley.

-Trade log for keeping up with trades! Could be showing example, succeeded trades, failed trades and cancelations

dunno is sky is hinting at a FEEDBACK style thing here , but i reackon it would be a good feature for personel as well as a feedback type thing, always nice to know if the person does alot of good trades or alot of crappy 1s

-Trade log for keeping up with trades! Could be showing example, succeeded trades, failed trades and cancelations

dunno is sky is hinting at a FEEDBACK style thing here , but i reackon it would be a good feature for personel as well as a feedback type thing, always nice to know if the person does alot of good trades or alot of crappy 1s

I though mainly it to be private information to yourself so that could see your own trades. Like so that you could follow what is going on with your own items/trades.

But actually why not to give ppl an option to mark if they want to show their tradelogs? Would good if it was their own choice if they want to show trades or not.

The idea is perfect. Its simply perfect.

First of all, let me congratulate you. I have seen offline item trader from game to player, but never from player to player. Its just awesome!

But, what i want to mainly focus on, is the security.

First of all, i think that both sides should accept offer.

What i mean is:

You offer X ring for ie sword.

Buyers comes and makes the offer.

Seller receives a notification or something, that his trade has been accepted and then he has to confirmate the trade. If the seller doesnt confirmate, trade is not made. That way, the seller takes full responsability of the trade and cannot complain.

Just some points to take into account that maybe will save you from lots of complaints.

Another thing i would like to tell is: No reply. Maybe 1 comment or two, but no more.

A market has no replys. A market has "i buy" and "i dont buy".

I noticed that sometimes market section has that problem, maybe you can fix that here?

P.D: It can be a great serv caracteristic. For example, Ultima Alianza had hero cape with tp, well.. nemesis has offline item trading!

As i said before, HB Nemesis has the best GMs team....

Look at this idea, ppl work for free because they love this game as me, HB Nemesis is the best server for that, HB USA has GM who doesnt know anything about HB and work for money only not for fun.

Jaapy Gratz man, very nice idea.

I saw I promised a screenshot. Here is the web warehouse (part of item trade).

You can see the web warehouse in the menu on the left. All the transferrable items are listed. The color of the item is also shown (handy for capes). You can click the transfer button to transfer the item to the web warehouse (from then on you can choose to trade them or put them in shared guild WH). You can do the same to web warehouse items (transfer back to game warehouse).

See the green circles.

Transfer button transfers the ENTIRE item stack. If you need to split up the stack, u need to do this ingame. I cant do it on web without causing dupes.

Web warehouse can store unlimited items. This is a way to go around the 150 item limit ingame without having to make alot of trade chars. The warehouse of all chars on the account combined are shown.

I took Hunter as an example as he has a fat WH... lol

IPB Image

wow between what you and white are doing this website is looking more pro than ANY game server ive ever played p2p or f2p...

i really cant wait till you both get bored and start working on finishing helbreath "the way it was gonna be" of course ))

my mind wanders to what we will all think of for blue grapes hahahahaha

top work jappy , sing out if u need testers for the system when its in place

Jaapy so would this make so we would be able to transfer items from one char. to another from our accts ?

i personally have 4 accts. so would i be able to add all 4 to my online wh or would i have to tie just 1 of them to my account ?

Good job daniel :D

Soon we have HB web version !

Nindax deals 5 damage to Jaapy[GM]

Jaapy[GM] deals 43 damage to Nindax. You have 534 health points left.

Your turn!

[Attack] [Recall]

Just kidding ;) Too bad its to hard to code this in to HB, but what you are doing with the website is really nice :D

Jaapy so would this make so we would be able to transfer items from one char. to another from our accts ?

i personally have 4 accts. so would i be able to add all 4 to my online wh or would i have to tie just 1 of them to my account ?

For starters you can do this manually by first transferring items to your web WH. Then once there's room, you transfer from char to char and then you transfer more to web WH. Rinse and repeat :P In the end u have all items on 1 account I guess.

I have one suggestion even though i know this program is almost completed maybe in the future you would like to add this. I think it would be cool to have a way to search for items you want from all sellers at once. for example there is a page where you click "giant swords" or "mp armor" or "battle hammers". So if you click the giant sword button for example it displays all giant swords for trade from all sellers or if you click mp armors it displays all mp armors for trade sorted from lowest to highest %. I just thought this would make things very easy :D

Yup thats the plan Ruich! Already adding this!