Sign in to follow this  
ScHmO

Marking Enemies

Just a thought that I've always had - why is it that ONLY in crusades that enemies have that red circle around them? I presume it was put there so that when lots of players are on your screen its easy to locate friendly players as well as enemies. Not so useful for warriors who generally target one player anyway but for mages its near impossible to not kill same town/keep hitting enemy as your cursor never goes over them when casting... in town raids and even when there's 5+ people on the map its very hard to work out whose who... I'm sure it'd be easy to implement? No need for NPC's to have it ... obviously...

There was actually a hack for it back in the day as well. Would be nice to just run past and instanlty see your an enemy, but I tend to check everyone I run past now anyway. Its really only a problem when theres a mass raid. I often accidently crit a fellow mage because they look identicle to the person we are all aiming for.

yea back in the day those red circles were on all the time AND you could see if they were amped, poisoned, pfa'd etc etc

It does make a large pvp more difficult this way but i think that was the idea. To make it more challenging to pvp in large groups.

Which is why a lot of guilds not are smartly using uniforms.

Either way when a large group comes im forced to go into low detail mode anyway! I wouldn't like to go back to seeing pfa/pfm - I personally don't even like the clock much I miss the days of using my mobile phone lol :)

Either way when a large group comes im forced to go into low detail mode anyway! I wouldn't like to go back to seeing pfa/pfm - I personally don't even like the clock much I miss the days of using my mobile phone lol :)

I always used the timer in the log out screen.... it's much easier :/

but for mages its near impossible to not kill same town/keep hitting enemy as your cursor never goes over them when casting...

This is called collateral damage

u can also use safe mode

' date='Feb 17 2009, 08:34 PM' post='253551']

yea back in the day those red circles were on all the time AND you could see if they were amped, poisoned, pfa'd etc etc

back in nemesis days? never in int or hbusa...?

Just a thought that I've always had - why is it that ONLY in crusades that enemies have that red circle around them? I presume it was put there so that when lots of players are on your screen its easy to locate friendly players as well as enemies. Not so useful for warriors who generally target one player anyway but for mages its near impossible to not kill same town/keep hitting enemy as your cursor never goes over them when casting... in town raids and even when there's 5+ people on the map its very hard to work out whose who... I'm sure it'd be easy to implement? No need for NPC's to have it ... obviously...

im with u on this one. Will help a lot in low details.

I would love to have this facility. I have great difficulty identifying who is enemy and who is a friend. I play largely in low detail and when there's several people running around it becomes impossible for me.

YES! Mages can use 'safe' but they will run out of Mana in no time at all.