Sign in to follow this  
JingGM

Low-level Spells

i too think Pure mages r a bit overpowered or a higher chance of beating a vitty war in a duel

What i have to say is maybe we can put a fire effect...

Think about it.... Fire Field and fire wall is pretty good

but we can maybe add a *censored*e to the new element (Fire)

This effect will lower your hp 1-4 during an amount of 15 secs =)

I hope you guys like it :D

that would be nice, but it would be more helpful for wars if firebow had a chance of adding burn dmg. this way a mage would have to pfa themselves every now and then, meaning they are left open for para.

none of the bows need any more damage then they already deal, they're not intended for mowing down people, they're ment to aid in hunting (fire bow should be removed imo, or at least fixed, it's so stupid seeing somone para, then pull out bow and shoot the war next to them and then have para broken, that is just bullshit) the reason bows don't do siginificant pvp damage is this; if 5 warriors had bows, and could hit 50's-70's with crits, they will rape mages all day, full screen attack... can't cast.. .game over.

Not what i was saying. I agree that you should not be able to kill someone with a bow, just annoy the shit out of them. I'm saying if there was a small chance of a burn affect from a firebow that worked like poisin, then more mages might actually have to pfa themselves instead of run and screen and cast blizz and wait for u to chase them. pvp would be more interesting i think

i dont use firebow so I also don't have too much base to talk on, im a direction bow guy myself.

edit:

BaggyBoyX i kind of disagree. The only spell worth having on this server is blizz, all the others are useless for killing people. It would be cool if lower spells were more dangerous, because then there would be more types of character builds imo.

There are 2 easy solutions I can think of and wich is also very easy to implant.

* 1:

- Increase Magic Damage and other attributes ("stamina drain", "lowering endurance") of all spells exept blizzard.

- Blizzard should't hit less times, the damage just needs to be reduced by ~10%.

ESW should be the absolute best spell when looking at magic damage. And toying around with INT/MANA cost for each spell.

* 2:

- Change "max. MP formula", the same as nemises has previously done with the "max. HP formula.

* 1/2:

- Fire-Wall, Fire-Field, Fire-Bow, Poison-Cloud, Ice-Storm and Cloud-Kill should not remove players from a paralyze. Meaning players that are in party have a disadvantage in PvP, players then need to use normal dmg spells to remove them from paralyze. Wich means mages would be able to damage themself severely, making them easier to kill (if they aren't PFM/AMP).

Think about it, when its raining, the ground is wet, your armor is wet so it would conduct electricty better. When its raining, have Lightning Strike do a certain %% extra damage.

My idea also consisted of limits. It could not be cast in Druncian City due to it being completely underwater.

My idea does stray from the original HB coding, but its an interesting way to up the damage on Lightning Strike.

Wow nice in depth... Pitty physics doesn't actually agree with you :D

Water is a reasonable conductor of current. Metal is in general far better. And hence rain would actually hinder the conductivity... but... ahh... i spose that wasn't exactly the point was it :P ... maybe it should do LESS damage when it rains! :) :P

:excl: :excl: :excl: Take the prize away from him :excl: :excl: :excl:

im not thinking make mages stronger, im saying give them more options on spells to use

same as i feel Baxe and GiS dmg. needs to increase

Just not before i buy my baxe please ;)

On a less spam note: If all this were to eventuate would it be possible to say have a magic circle level (lets say one) where you can manually put specific spells rather than hotkey them - ie up to five. This is one reason I don't stuff around with too many different spells as if they're in different circles its just annoying... obviously then the very important "Create food" and "Magic missile" would have to be placed somewhere!

EDIT: Personally I'm not in favour with dicking around with the damage formula of blizz and/or the max mana level... I'd personally like to see spells become more functional rather than more damaging - ie say MS - put a 2 second para for a direct hit.. whilst this is actually making the spell more damaging its not really making a mage more powerful as it still probably wouldn't beat blizzard - increase the mana required / lower the damage or something if you think it does...

EDIT: Personally I'm not in favour with dicking around with the damage formula of blizz and/or the max mana level... I'd personally like to see spells become more functional rather than more damaging - ie say MS - put a 2 second para for a direct hit.. whilst this is actually making the spell more damaging its not really making a mage more powerful as it still probably wouldn't beat blizzard - increase the mana required / lower the damage or something if you think it does...

I hope you're kidding about the 2 second paralyze, I'm going to assume it's a reference number, because if a mage could paralyze you with a direct shot, then as soon as you get para, it's game over.

how is it different to the paralyse spell... only para has a far lower mp useage (without damage) - and it lasts longer. As i said lower the damage of MS if you want... blizz would still be more effective

and... when i say id like to see spells become more functional... i would... but i don't think it can be done without stuffing up the mage Vs warrior balance regardless of what you do someone will complain.. so i would suggest just leaving it as is - (Except LS really needs to have a damage overhaul)...

how is it different to the paralyse spell... only para has a far lower mp useage (without damage) - and it lasts longer. As i said lower the damage of MS if you want... blizz would still be more effective

and... when i say id like to see spells become more functional... i would... but i don't think it can be done without stuffing up the mage Vs warrior balance regardless of what you do someone will complain.. so i would suggest just leaving it as is - (Except LS really needs to have a damage overhaul)...

Honestly, as much as everyone will cry about it happening, there are two options that I see available to fix this, first option is to remove the dk set; if you remove the dk set, that will get rid of the whole "armor can't be stripped by hammers" issue and "mages only take -1 damage with dk+100% shield+mshield." The second option, which I don't think people will like either is, remove the M.Shield wand; the dk set one seems more universal, but if you remove the M.Shield you remove the immortal tower mage formula.... Either way, I'd still opt for removing the dk set (or at least lower the duribility from 30k, holy shit, put it at something reasonable....)

Honestly, as much as everyone will cry about it happening, there are two options that I see available to fix this, first option is to remove the dk set; if you remove the dk set, that will get rid of the whole "armor can't be stripped by hammers" issue and "mages only take -1 damage with dk+100% shield+mshield." The second option, which I don't think people will like either is, remove the M.Shield wand; the dk set one seems more universal, but if you remove the M.Shield you remove the immortal tower mage formula.... Either way, I'd still opt for removing the dk set (or at least lower the duribility from 30k, holy shit, put it at something reasonable....)

Or better yet change the formula so that it doesn't rely on endurance.. make it 10% strip all types of armour (when damage is dealt) and make it a random armour part. I don't really see why it needs to rely on endurance. If this were going to happen though that'd even further disadvantage other classes (IE GiS etc) meaning that'd need to be balanced as well... and Vampyr gets too many EK's as it is so overall I think the classes should be mainly left alone :)

The only suggestion i thought that i semi liked was the one about the different elemental spells that could complete with blizz - whilst this increases the amount of spells mages can use... people are more likely to have a light/air neck than IE neck anyway...

agree with dez...

I think things are pretty good at the moment

just maybe the magic meteor strike should be amended. The damage is low compared to other servers.

maybe the magic paralyzed should last 20 seconds

gg-google traslator :P

A 1 spot spell would be nice like lighting, but something that would make enough damage to be used ingame...

+1

i bearly see any1 use single target magic spells nowdays

its allways aoe spells

if we up the damg for single target spells maby ppl will use them

seeing u gota hit them like para 2 do damg which is hard when there running :)

eg lightning,mass lightning arrow, etc

also maby add single target fire and earth spells to go with the lightning ones

A 1 spot spell would be nice like lighting, but something that would make enough damage to be used ingame...

+1

i bearly see any1 use single target magic spells nowdays

its allways aoe spells

if we up the damg for single target spells maby ppl will use them

seeing u gota hit them like para 2 do damg which is hard when there running :)

eg lightning,mass lightning arrow, etc

also maby add single target fire and earth spells to go with the lightning ones

yeah if they take enough mana and are only one tile spells and do enough dmg then they would be used more often although it would be hard to hit, but still fun!

Imagine what a group of 5 mages could do with stuns/DOTs, freeze and ignore some MA with meteor strike. Mages would rape so bad in group raids that warrs wouldn't stand a chance.

Edit: Though i think blizz would be used alot less in group raids.

2nd edit: Nerfing blizz and inproving these other spells would be great for the teamplay part of HB though. It's just a bit off HB if you know what i mean.

Would be very fun to try :P

I REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVED vampyr's idea , when it rains lighting strike does higher dmg , and lS is disabled in DC

I would also like armor break to be a bit more powerfull , in terms that when it rains its lowering your armor endurance and armor break would be used a lot wich would really rape BIG TIME

Wich also goes to the concept that people would be running around naked for the fact that they don't want their armor end to die , and making the raining scenario more pleasant , because who doesn't like seeing someone run around naked? ^.^

Everyone would like that idea, imo , and bbh dmg crit dmg should be lowerd when it rains cause it would RAPE THE hell out of the naked person, nontheless bbh would have a good part there . And so would armor break

Another really good effect I would like with meteor strike is that when you get attacked by the spell it brings you back 2 - 3 spaces depending on the way you aim it , that would make the spell more usefull, I don't know make the spells more fun.

Off topic : pl should be brought down to lvl 120 , really 140 + mass items doesn't not = promiseland

PL should be a noob run around place, it would make being 180 more valuable [ really think about this ]

What if we opened up a 2nd server to test this stuff and balance things out (WS2)? Let's see if it's really fun and if everyone really likes it? It will be more effective than discussing specific stats here.

We could also use this server to test-deploy some patches before putting them live.

Well basically I figure that it will be a fruit server (uberhigh exp, copy existing character over there, 1g for everything in BS/Shop/wzdtwr, maybe high drop) so it will probably turn out to be that no one will play server #1 and everyone will play #2, that would suck. Need to figure something out to prevent that. Thinking of limiting this server to specific times being up (short time frame 1 week before deploy?) and just putting up a map or 2, everyone in the same town or disable EKs, dunno.

I'll discuss with farjat about this.

For 1 day server like that will be interesting after cant play it anymore, Any1 who played nem1 testmode before it was closed, knows exactly what I mean.

What if we opened up a 2nd server to test this stuff and balance things out (WS2)? Let's see if it's really fun and if everyone really likes it? It will be more effective than discussing specific stats here.

We could also use this server to test-deploy some patches before putting them live.

Well basically I figure that it will be a fruit server (uberhigh exp, copy existing character over there, 1g for everything in BS/Shop/wzdtwr, maybe high drop) so it will probably turn out to be that no one will play server #1 and everyone will play #2, that would suck. Need to figure something out to prevent that. Thinking of limiting this server to specific times being up (short time frame 1 week before deploy?) and just putting up a map or 2, everyone in the same town or disable EKs, dunno.

I'll discuss with farjat about this.

Leaving it open for a week or 3 days would be good in my opinion. Gives the people who want to test it a chance to.

For 1 day server like that will be interesting after cant play it anymore, Any1 who played nem1 testmode before it was closed, knows exactly what I mean.

If you're talking about the main server going into a "test" mode, then I disagree. On paper, it sounds good, and if we had a smaller population at Nemesis I would agree with this idea completely. However, with the amount of people that play here, putting our main server into a test mode and then having a rollback would annoy too many people, I think, because not everyone has a lot of time to play.

Its like increasing some of this spells will only benefit Bmages, which is actually a hard class, that need lot of work. But i think it needs to be like that.

Anyway, some of this ideas are bad if we consider we are going to release Hellfire, a high damage fire magic, and MAYBE we can check the thor one, which is light magic.

jappy a test server should be just taht

just up it to make mass arena evenst or mass pvp and every1 fights

pretty much all changes that we talking about are pvp wise :o

Its like increasing some of this spells will only benefit Bmages, which is actually a hard class, that need lot of work. But i think it needs to be like that.

Anyway, some of this ideas are bad if we consider we are going to release Hellfire, a high damage fire magic, and MAYBE we can check the thor one, which is light magic.

Nah hellfire is enough. I want one so I can kick *censored* of ppl who uses ie/ip necks :D

Improving these spells also make way for different builds of mages, like Support Mages with high vit, and also leaves a lot of room for improvement in PL Mages as well.

Well if Hellfire will come to the game, the Firenecklace will have the resist against it.

For now the firenecklace arent use much (Maybe i am wrong), so the magic could improve so some of the "old" items could be very usefull??