Sign in to follow this  
Synz

Force Log-out Change

This was being abused earlier in the server, and I'm sure some people still do this. Here's the abuse:

Player A is logged in and is losing in a fight so Player A asks Player B to log onto his account and "force log" him out, which you cannot interrupt. This gets him out of the fight without dying most of the time, since the log out sequence is fairly short.

My suggestion for the fix:

Change the force log out sequence to a normal log out sequence, a 10 second count that can be interrupted.

Discuss.

the only downside i can think for this is the fact that a hacker is in your acc and u try to force log him. But he uses psn or something on himself while jacking ur items or something.

and honestly that downside is like stupid so this suggestion makes sense to me.

all agree synz r0x ye?

Yeah sharing your account isn't supported by Nemesis' staff and they already warned about changing your passwords often.

No real downsides on this one.

Isn't this the same as pulling the plug? So if we fix this, people will still pull plug and achieve the same?

If yes, then this sounds like a waste of time to change.

And yes, it will also be very hard to forcelog someone that took over your account. Even with sharing, if your friend denies to leave YOUR account, you can now change your password and force log the friend out of the account. Once changed, it will be hard to gain control over your account back.

Isn't this the same as pulling the plug? So if we fix this, people will still pull plug and achieve the same?

And yes, it will also be very hard to forcelog someone that took over your account. Even with sharing, if your friend denies to leave YOUR account, you can now change your password and force log the friend out of the account. Once changed, it will be hard to gain control over your account back.

It's not exactly the same as pulling the plug, and it takes even less effort. I suggested this as a step in the direction of trying to get rid of some of the options of getting out of dying and being overall lame.

If someone takes control of your account, it's generally 95% the owner of the account's fault. If it's the 5% and someone actually gained access through hacking the database or using a keylogger, then you have a problem bigger than just sharing accounts.

I don't know what kind of friends you have, but if they're on the character, I gladly let them finish what they're doing. I just log another character and ask what they're doing and let them be on their way. No skin off my back :) It's YOUR responsibility to choose people/friends that are responsible and sharing your account is even frowned upon by administration as per server rules.

I trust 100% everyone that has access to my accounts and they trust me with their accounts. It's your choice in the end though :)

You are right, but the problem is that players use the "my friend forced me" excuse when they pull.

We cant punish the Forcing like we punish the Pulling... Because it will make confusing rules (you cant force when...), so is better to put some restrictions on the forcing.

Also they could use it when they are PFAed, cant log out because they are mass blizzed , getting criticals and perhaps Psned and still are able to be forced while they are running.

About the Account stealing, then perhaps is better to increase the time of the forcing (20 seconds for example). Is they want to be lame they will Pull instead to take 20 seconds of damage.

i discovered most pullers actually use the ultimate pull plug program... the foot!!!!!!!

o ya men kicking internet cable or modem its the ULTIMATE fashion pull

also, when you pull, your char are left unatended for more than 5 seconds, and when you are forced you can still chug on thses 5 seconds

Force logging is so rare that I don't really see it as an issue, usually its easy enough to log in 10 seconds anyway.

Plus it usually gives a free ek when the person logs back.

It does happen yes, but it's such a non-issue I feel, it's just very rare (plus I usually wait for loggers and get a zem :D)

Force logging is so rare that I don't really see it as an issue, usually its easy enough to log in 10 seconds anyway.

It does happen yes, but it's such a non-issue I feel, it's just very rare (plus I usually wait for loggers and get a zem :D)

Players with 2 computers can easily escape, or players on Ts/Ventrilo.

No, you force someone but you dont log in, to log in you need first to force who is at that char, wait a few seconds and when he was forced retry to enter.

No, you force someone but you dont log in, to log in you need first to force who is at that char, wait a few seconds and when he was forced retry to enter.

I know how it works Elg :) I'm just saying that it's quite a rarity for it to happen. The player has to be ready to force log them (or multi-clienting) - so it's not very practical and rarely done.

Plus, eventually the person has to relog their char, eventually :) Which is when I usually get a zem (average time 10-40 minutes).

I know how it works Elg :) I'm just saying that it's quite a rarity for it to happen. The player has to be ready to force log them (or multi-clienting) - so it's not very practical and rarely done.

Plus, eventually the person has to relog their char, eventually :) Which is when I usually get a zem (average time 10-40 minutes).

Happens more than you think it does. Ventrilo (heck, even guild chat) makes it insanely practical and easy to do. Friend logs off their character and force logs you out, then goes straight back to what they were doing. Then the person who got force-logged logs their spy or logs another one of their characters.

I think it can happen Synz, e.g. if you're in an "oh @#$%" situation in town (e.g. activated on), and ask for your friend to log you fast, which may take about 10-20 seconds (if they are fast).

Whether or not it's prevalent enough to change the system I don't know.

I think in the past year or so I've had only 1 person force log on me, yet I've had about 40-50 10 second log on me, and about 300 recall on me.

Sry, i misunderstood your post... I dont know what did i read lol

Lol, it's cool elg. You have a point though, if it's easy to fix, I don't see why it shouldn't be fixed. But in my opinion loggers of any sort die more often than not, force logging is very uncommon.

I suggested this back when it was more prevalent, particularly within a certain guild that I won't name because this isn't the place for it.

But yeah, I don't play often enough now to know if it's still a problem.

Just figured limiting escape options wouldn't really be a detriment to anything. Lame people are going to be lame anyways.