Sign in to follow this  
Oni

Change The Raid Days

I know about 90% of the people that read this are going to counter point me with "this is a pvp game" or "get used to it" so needless to say....

I think the raid days should not be on the week ends, the majority of new players (myself included) tend to only play on the weekends, and that give us a limited amount of time to actually level a character (unlike the other 60 or so in each town that are already 180 with full scorp hero). Maybe this is a selfish post, but I'm kinda sick of being killed with pfm trying to run to shop in town to buy potions to be killed by 8 blizzard mages sitting next to it since no one seems to care that they're there. But hey, that could just be me.

Possible solutions: Reduce raid time on weekends, Make the ek limit for a level of lv 180 only avalible to kills on people that are >140 (this was suggested earlier) or just make the week the raids and weekend non.... w/e

People would still kill newbies even if they didn't give eks.

However, the raid time is a tad long. I wouldn't hate if there was a mid week day, and then a couple of weekend days.

But it's kind of easy to remember in the weekends you need to be extra careful. There's always farm shop.

Personally, I just think newer players need to learn when to be extra wary of attack, 180's are all the time, they wont leave shop without amp, recall out, etc (I know I do).

You know, I never really thought of this, it's not a bad suggestion.

What days would you guys consider? Thurs-Saturday? Saturday-Monday? Sunday-Tuesday?

I personally think having one random raid day in the middle of the week might be a bit annoying to new people at the server who are just logging in, heading to RH/EF to go train, and *BAM!* 5 enemy townspeople jump them.

I think it's just easier to remember and explain to have 2-3 days in a row, and no "random" 1 day of raid in the middle of the week.

You know, I never really thought of this, it's not a bad suggestion.

What days would you guys consider? Thurs-Saturday? Saturday-Monday? Sunday-Tuesday?

I personally think having one random raid day in the middle of the week might be a bit annoying to new people at the server who are just logging in, heading to RH/EF to go train, and *BAM!* 5 enemy townspeople jump them.

I think it's just easier to remember and explain to have 2-3 days in a row, and no "random" 1 day of raid in the middle of the week.

Yeah, I agree. It's at least easier to explain to my GF that weekends (Friday-Monday NZ time) are unsafe and to be on your guard, than try to figure out random days.

However, in weighing up between whether I'd want the raid days midweek or weekend.

The only thing in favor of midweek is that then DC would be open on weekends, meaning when most people are on, we can do abaddon hunts.

Otherwise, consider that HB is PVP game, and all goals lead basically to PVP at the end of the day - most people play to PVP on weekends. So that definitely is an argument for weekend raid days.

Yeah Im going to agree with Perun and say its flat out a stupid idea.

While i feel sorry for the new players (I often have a very small ounce of remorse when I bow down a running mage), the fact is most players are on during the weekend. Most players are level 180. Most level 180's have nothing to do BUT PVP. I know im sick to death of leveling and so are many others. 180 is not hard to achieve so for those new players they will be the ones doing the town raids and complaining about the stupid raid days.

Im going to post a quote from the OP from another thread in Suggestions:

"Pvp is supposed to be the hard part of the game, the leveling is the boring part."

Why should the boring part of the game take over the most active days of gameplay?

Im also with Eldon, changing the EK level isnt going to help either, people will still kill you. Its not like before you kill someone you ask them what level they are to make sure they are worth the time.

IF ITS NOT BROKEN DONT FIX IT

When the exp rate is as high as it is, most people should be max level within 2 weeks, tops.

We cater to max levels because we give such a high exp rate.

Raid time is available when most players, play. which is the weekend and most players= 180s

I don't agree entirely with them, but this is the servers wishes, not mine.

It's not the server's wishes. They are just Hunter's opinion, he is contributing to the ongoing discussion. That is the whole point of this forum. Basically, if you see a GM replying here it will not be a final decision yet. It is still open for discussion, unless the topic is locked (or if you see an announcement on the frontpage for example announcing a newly added feature ^^)

So... I'm just trying to say that just because Hunter has posted, don't stop and back down now!

OK, I will add some facts.

I think the raid days should not be on the week ends, the majority of new players (myself included) tend to only play on the weekends.

This is not true. I will add some graph to the website soon to monitor this, because you got me interested in obtaining these facts. But I already know one thing: just take today for example. At some point today there were 198 people online. This is about the same as are simultaneously online during the weekend. Thus, the facts lean more towards that players play equally as much midweek than on weekends. Of course, it might be a different set of players, so your perception is different because you only speak for yourself and the "weekend players".

**Another issue that has arisen (only on this server as far as I know) is the FPS bug with TAb or w/e. Either way even without it I personally think this game should have a FPS cap at around 120 (6x faster then the eye can even perceive) because the fact that someone can out run me, whilst being frozen, is just outrageous. I personally think that this game is supposed to be skill and wit based, not processor and video card based. I don't like seeing kiddies with fat wallets beating better players just because of that reason...

Yes true, we're working on fixing all of the above.

... but nevertheless while you say "the majority of players are already 180" is probably true, and is a bad thing in my opinion, because if everyone is actually 180, that means the server population is already peaking and nobody is joining ... THAT IS THE MESSAGE

Facts:

TOTAL amount of 180 players: 2217

TOTAL amount of 179- players: 24316

Number of 180 players active since 1 feb 09: 693

Number of 179- players active since 1 feb 09:1159

So, not true!

i agree with Oni i would do raid days from thursday around noon - sat around noon that way new people have sunday to train, and pvp's still get a day as well.

i agree with Oni i would do raid days from thursday around noon - sat around noon that way new people have sunday to train, and pvp's still get a day as well.

Why? What does this change then? The only reason for this change what I have seen so far, is so that Oni can enjoy a day of peaceful training during the weekend, as he is seemingly unavailable for the rest of the week. And yes, I say Oni only because above he said "the majority of the people", while in fact he means himself. I've already posted that it's unlikely to be the case for a majority of the people. A majority of the people play during weekdays AND weekend. For them, the change is not important. Another group of people only play during the weekdays, or maybe even just on thursday. For these people, the change would be unwanted.

We can shuffle the raids days around all we want, but it will not change anything. Yes, well, for one particular set of players the outcome is positive, but for another particular set of players the outcome is negative. For the majority, the outcome is meaningless. It's basically the same problem as the Heldenian scheduling problem. We cannot pick a time/day where 100% of the players will be able to participate.

The only meaningful changes would either be to:

*) Add additional raid days;

*) Remove a raid day;

*) Remove raid days alltogether and either allow or disallow raiding permanently;

heh well i can tell ya Oni is not the only perosn as i know atleast 8 players that are in the same ship. As many people work during the week and weekends are the only time they can play, personally it doesnt matter to me most of the scorp hunters lack skill hense they are in scorps.

this is not exp1, this is exp25 or so; u wont be lvling at city for long, so get used to it till u get 180 and u can handle it, also its true that most ppl can play only on weekend ---> not only trainers, also ekers, so it would be selfish if we dont let that ppl to have the chance to get eks

I wouldn't chnage the raids days. Evenmore im in favor of extending the present raid days all to 1hour raid.

What I would do is to add pits. All over the world.

Create medium level monsters pits such as: Trolls, Giant Plants, Clays, Stones, Helhounds, Giants Frogs, Rudolphs, Dire Boars...

To create this pits over ML, Also the nowadays abandoned Dungeons and so reactivate it. Also at the Town's respective hunting zones. Rocky Highland its also an almost dead map...

Yep, RH/EF need an overhaul (they even suck for newbies), and farm dungeon needs some sort of overhaul.

Raid days are fine, 1 hour raids are a good idea.