Sign in to follow this  
Eldon

Farm Dungeon Revamp

I, like a few others, are nostalgic for the days of PVP in what is now the farm dungeon.

Problem: The dungeon is currently there but unused.

What I'd like to see is this:

140 limit (how it is now I believe) - or a 120 limit if you want to differentiate it from PL

2 SG pits (1 on ares side, 1 on elv side)

1 clay pit (near middle)

1 clops pit (near middle, perhaps on the central island)

The map is perfectly set up for PVP, and frequently in the past it was a push from one entrance to another by the towns. Adding pits in this map would make it a used and suitable alternative to PL that I think would boost activity in both maps.

The pits are balanced with PL pits also.

Thanks,

Eldon.

It'd be nice to have some GM input here, I can make up some maps of pit positions if you like.

This is a change that is rarely met by any opposition, and would be fairly easy to implement, and also would not adversely impact on the game.

Thanks,

Eldon.

What are the Pros and Cons of having 120 or 140 as the max level there?

Would it be a good idea to add pits that are suitable for solo mages? A Scorpion or maybe a Skeleton pit?

Would you even want a Cyclops pit in there? Would you rather have something else in the middle, and just be bigger?

Some things to think about. ;)

Personally 140 is generally the best for stable builds in the map, and it would mean that PLers can go to both maps to pvp, and have less chance of getting found when they train.

As far as pits are concerned, the map is smaller than PL, so less is available. Golems fit in with the mining/underground aesthetic for the map and there are a few areas which golem pits could be placed where they would be herdable by mages who could then energy strike them down (clay golem pit is the best exp pit for mages in PL at the moment, if they can get it).

Also, as players gain a bit of exp from leveling, on this server you can't really stay 120 long enough, and accidental monster kills level you fast, on this server a 120 PVP map really isn't viable, but a 140 is.

So I'd like to see a 140 limit, I wouldn't be against a skel pit if it fit but I feel at least 1 SG pit and 1 CG pit are a must (that are herdable like the PL CG pit so it suits both warriors and mages).

Because the middle is kind of a clifftop setup, and is rarely used, a cyclops pit in the middle would be a good idea I think. It means PVP would be steered towards the narrow edges that run around the centre island, which was always the way it was before :)

In short:

140 limit lets people have more varied builds, and they don't accidentally level out

1 CG pit, 1 SG, and possibly a clops pit would be great, with maybe a scorp pit on each side (or skels)

Edit: Tell you what, let me map out some pits later, and tell me what you think!

What about Giant Frogs? I'd like to see some Giant Frogs in there too!

Maybe a random spawn with them? I don't know...

What about Giant Frogs? I'd like to see some Giant Frogs in there too!

Maybe a random spawn with them? I don't know...

Hahaha, good idea, those are so annoying :) but great for that map.

would it be possible to add entrances that lead from promiseland -> farm dungeon? then cut away the entrance from farms.

maybe something like middleland -> middleland mines.

so even though the map is now suitable for training.. people won't neglect pl as they have to run thru to get to the training area..

totally support this idea

I really hate seeing maps go to waste. and i have such fond memories of my rax radier on usa

with my rep 7 sharp sword lololol...ownage

What about merging it with barracks somehow?

Just throwing an idea out there, do what you want with it.

I wouldn't want to see the dungeon as a lower level limit simply because it is already widely possible for lower levels to train safely in PL, and with two maps it'll decrease the chance raiders will find them (which is good!). Further, HB was designed around a level 140 limit, and the best pvp builds are around level 140. I consider the dungeon a better designed map for pvp than PL (there's spots you can block and everything along the main route!) - and it'd be a shame to waste it by making it a 120 limit.

As far as changing it's access point, it's really unnecessary coding, it's in a fine place, it just needs to have a reason for people to use it. And mining + training is it. All it needs is good pits to make it viable.

I, like everyone, preferred it in town, but the new town redesigns are nice and there's no reason to move the entry points.

Seems like all that's needed to do is come up with some viable plans for pits :) I'll get on it.

I'll give it a first shot. Level limit 120. Yes indeed, 120 because we need something different from PL. My argument for the demons in the middle would be to create PVE-parties in the map. You will get parties of level 120 dudes trying to get a hold of their Giant Sword or Battle Axe (depending on build). BBH will not be a focus inside this map, probably.

The center will become a hunting ground where both sides will hopefully compete for. You can also "slip through the backdoor" to enter the Scorpion pit of the opposing side to go after some mages. It has some tactic potential.

Btw, I just put some numbers/counts on there for the sake of discussion. I'd like to see discussed how many creatures would be a good number for the pits.

IPB Image

I'd like to discuss the level limit a bit more closely for these reasons:

First, at 115-120 it is easy to accidentally level (by killing mobs accidentally in the course of pvp, and the pittance exp from eks (not to mention contri questing)). Maybe raiders would have to stop leveling at 110 etc if they wanted to pvp there, possibly.

However, the reason I do like a 120 level limit is that level 80's may go and train there if the pits are right. So maybe it'll encourage 80-120 pvp.

I'm really inclined to want a 140 limit, but I'd settle for 120. I'd like some discussion of the pro's/con's of a 120 limit though. I'd like to see a good argument of why it should be different (level range) from PL. Having two 140- training/pvp maps is not the worst thing in the world.

I'd be more inclined to accept a 80-120 leveling zone IF it wasn't so easy to level here. You only really have to spend adequate time leveling past about 120 to level - this leveling is what encourages pvp in PL. Making a 120 limit in the dungeon may just mean people fly through and thus it stays a dead map.

Edit:

I think about 10 scorps in each pit is a good idea Jaapy, I'd like some modification of pit shapes though.

Can you post an unedited map if that's ok? So I can have a go at pit placement?