Sign in to follow this  
shaggmcnastys

Secure Reputation Exchange System

Give users the ability to create "(Positive--how would negative work?) Reputation Potions" in any period of time they actually have the ability to modify the reputation of another player. Obviously these items should be modified so that the player who created the potion(s) cannot use them on him/herself. Anyway, these potions could be used in official exchanges with the actual exchange menu and this will prevent scamming and/or other mishaps which affect one player beneficially and the other not so much.

With this comes many extensions and things to consider. This brings up the idea of getting these pots pent up and saving them for mass exchanges, and leads one to consider whether or not they should be stackable--as this whole idea would most definitely modify the economy on this server in a way that is not really determinable until implemented. Consider it. Thanks.

I like this idea a lot. Give a way for noobies to trade for noob items. Hell I would gladly trade a ms10 neck for a bunch of reps.

ShaGGnuT finally get forum account?

Reputation is not some sort of currency to be traded. Its an evaluation of another player for being a "good citizen" (ex: helping on sades, teaching how to play to noob people, etc.). Based on that u rate other players.

Now, rep trading is almost the same as ek laming, since its abusing the ability of a char for a personal gain. Two players arrange for them to trade reputation, so both of them can increase it.

Its not supposed to work that way. It also kills the point of giving "rep -" to someone.

Bad idea. Against it.

Reputation is not some sort of currency to be traded. Its an evaluation of another player for being a "good citizen" (ex: helping on sades, teaching how to play to noob people, etc.). Based on that u rate other players.

Now, rep trading is almost the same as ek laming, since its abusing the ability of a char for a personal gain. Two players arrange for them to trade reputation, so both of them can increase it.

Its not supposed to work that way. It also kills the point of giving "rep -" to someone.

Bad idea. Against it.

I agree. You're completely right about that in my opinion.

But I do believe there can still be a "Secure Reputation Exchange System" without having to utilize what I suggested and thereby take a different approach that could potentially avoid the obvious cons you pointed out.

This all boils down to whether or not people want the secure system and then the method used to make this system happen.

Bad idea. Against it.

I agree. You're completely right about that in my opinion.

But I do believe there can still be a "Secure Reputation Exchange System" without having to utilize what I suggested and thereby take a different approach that could potentially avoid the obvious cons you pointed out.

This all boils down to whether or not people want the secure system and then the method used to make this system happen.

There is no need for a "trade" system, because there is nothing to be traded. If u want to evaluate someone, u may do so, without any insurance of that player evaluating you too. U are putting a price on an act.

Its like if a guild would start charging gold or stones, for attacking an enemy base during sade. Its an action, not an item, it doesn't need a "secure" system.

Rep = act done by player to help community, and not recieve any benefit from it.

Item = good of certain value that benefits the player in some way.

Rep trading is something created by players. Shouldn't be supported.

Reputation system was a stupid add in my opinion. Alas.

Amen!