Sign in to follow this  
shaggmcnastys

Ease The Leveling Curve On Mages?

It is relatively difficult to initially raise a mage on this server (as opposed to a warrior). All that I suggest is an automatic "Experience+20%" effect or the likeness of such on some or all vanilla (blacksmith-bought) staves to make it easier on lower level mages.

Of course, if installed this could still be highly negotiable, as in there could be a restriction to make the effect "10%" instead of "20%". Maybe make it so that it only applies to the "MS0" and "MS10" models of staves.

I am not familiar with the implementation of this particular facet of Helbreath but I do know that it would not be that difficult to achieve as compared to other things that have already been achieved on this server and others--in comparison, it would probably be easy.

What this comes down to is whether or not anyone actually wants this implemented, so, if you will, please consider my suggestion. Thanks.

i think the same, but if u get a mage with dk 15, then u r0x..

if u get a war with dk 15.. think about it..

Its not that hard to level a mage. Sry i dont see a need for this idea.

As Timma said..

It is not that hard to lvl a mage, you are just to lazy to do it.

Exp is fine as it is, if you don't know how to lvl correctly, it is the thing you have to figure out your self.

I disagree with the original post. The way nemesis is framed right now is how I think the game should be played. It is supposed to be harder to level a mage because of the power of the spells. In an already mage heavy server I think making it easier for mages to get 180 would just encourage more lazy people to have a mage. And really if someone starts from level 1 it takes what like 4 days to 2 weeks to get 180? Go play USA for a week and come back and tell us how hard it is to level a mage on nemesis.

Thank you for your time,

Bader for President!!!

In every sever in the history of Helbreath this is how it has been.

Mages harder to level - Advantage at level 180

Warriors eaiser to level - Disadvantaged (when fighting mages) at level 180

Mages cost more and are harder to level up because at level 180 they are eking machines.

I don't appreciate being called lazy, and I'm fully aware that mages have always been harder to level than warriors in Helbreath, as with pretty much every other game with mages and warriors in it. It was a suggestion, and I didn't intend to be flamed for it.

Instead of immediately mocking me via utilizing false assumptions maybe it would be more productive in the "Suggestions" forum to actually consider my idea and explain to me and everyone else why it would be a good idea or a bad idea.

I apologize for going off-topic to explicate the point of this forum.

Leveling a mage is really easy, everyone just does it all wrong, i use a Tom.

Leveling ANY type of character is easy :P :P

yes, espeacially when you use a Tom, he levels good.

Just make pits for mages ;P like direboard or make igs, clops, etc bigger ^^

and fix Silent Wood also for mages like Death valley ^_^

hmm we need a nice rudy pit.. :) i hope soon as chrismass comes we hunt at rudolf pit alot :D we need more pits as mages.. warriors got more then 10 pits.. we got only rh. its lame :( warriors can level when ever they wont and not need to repot alot.. a mage with out a mp set goes to repot every 15-20 min.. a warrion can stay in the pit for at least 3 hours.. and sometimes till the weapon he use break.. so my point is to make another pit for mages.. like sg/cg pit.. maybe a rudy pit.. soon :)

I don't appreciate being called lazy, and I'm fully aware that mages have always been harder to level than warriors in Helbreath, as with pretty much every other game with mages and warriors in it. It was a suggestion, and I didn't intend to be flamed for it.

Instead of immediately mocking me via utilizing false assumptions maybe it would be more productive in the "Suggestions" forum to actually consider my idea and explain to me and everyone else why it would be a good idea or a bad idea.

I apologize for going off-topic to explicate the point of this forum.

Unfortunately some contributors to this Forum are unable to make a posting without being aggressive and/or adding an insult or two. Possibly this is an indication of teenage angst which will subside when their hormones stop racing. Harry Enfield portrays this admirably in his 'Kevin' character.

Having had my rant. I agree with the more responsible replies that observe that when a Mage is a 180 they enjoy benefits of dealing greater damage. So early leveling hardship is a price you have to pay.

It's not a bad idea, but it's just not needed.

Leveling a mage here is worth the time, and compared to doing it on HBUSA (lulz!) it's bloody fantastic here.

It really isn't too terrible here, I got to 180 fine on my mage. It does take longer than leveling a war if you don't have anyone to party with often, but it's worth paying that price to have such high burst damage with Blizzard.

Leveling a mage here is worth the time, and compared to doing it on HBUSA (lulz!) it's bloody fantastic here.

What's the mage lvling like at HBUSA? I've never played on that server. :huh:

It really isn't too terrible here, I got to 180 fine on my mage. It does take longer than leveling a war if you don't have anyone to party with often, but it's worth paying that price to have such high burst damage with Blizzard.

I don't know what it's like on HBUSA...but I've played low exp private servers along with HBINT, and you're pretty much forced to level in a party. I'm sure it's a little easier on USA since I hear they added golem pits to the towns.

After you can't stand scorps anymore, off to party you go.

I don't know what it's like on HBUSA...but I've played low exp private servers along with HBINT, and you're pretty much forced to level in a party. I'm sure it's a little easier on USA since I hear they added golem pits to the towns.

After you can't stand scorps anymore, off to party you go.

Old times it was really hard lvl a mage to 180 on HBUSA. Not anymore, its *censored*ed up

Well now on USA they have a golem pit, an MG pit and a rudolph pit which make the herding bit easy as piss. But when I did it they had a garden that didn't have particuarly big spawns (not like the Nemesis garden which is awesome) and if you were leveling a mage you'd do it 8-10 hours a day for 6-8 months just to get 180 :)