Sign in to follow this  
pFit

Warrior Advice

Hello i started with a PL raider, but now im making a warrior to get to 180 and play around. these are the stats ive been planning and ive alrdy started lvling

at 180 im looking at something like

130 str 200 dex 50 mag 59 int 158 vit

i figured since i dont have good items and im new, from looking around this would be a good PVM build, do you think this is good to go to hunts with guilds aswell?

then maybe once i get a few decent items i can make a better PL raider, please let me know if this would work out.

one more thing 130 str is enough for the dark knight flam, but is that the weapon that upgrades to the bigger sword that looks more like a GiS, and is that still 130 str required?

You only ever need 130 str for all upgrades of the Warrior's DK Sword.

That build is pretty nice for PVM and guild hunting, but you won't do a whole lot of damage with the DK sword until you upgrade it a bit. Good build for taking hits as well, you could probably tank in an HC hunt if you get 100% shield and 2 mages.

You only ever need 130 str for all upgrades of the Warrior's DK Sword.

That build is pretty nice for PVM and guild hunting, but you won't do a whole lot of damage with the DK sword until you upgrade it a bit. Good build for taking hits as well, you could probably tank in an HC hunt if you get 100% shield and 2 mages.

alright thanks thats what i was looking for, i wanted a 180 so eventualyl ill get there, and ill make him for PVM so i can get some items.

Its the best for PvM because DK sword has pretty decent hit prob, but as said above, dont expect to do much damage untill atleast dk+10

Hello i started with a PL raider, but now im making a warrior to get to 180 and play around. these are the stats ive been planning and ive alrdy started lvling

at 180 im looking at something like

130 str 200 dex 50 mag 59 int 158 vit

i figured since i dont have good items and im new, from looking around this would be a good PVM build, do you think this is good to go to hunts with guilds aswell?

then maybe once i get a few decent items i can make a better PL raider, please let me know if this would work out.

one more thing 130 str is enough for the dark knight flam, but is that the weapon that upgrades to the bigger sword that looks more like a GiS, and is that still 130 str required?

this is a half way tanker build character.

As of my own experience I can tell that they arn't easy to level, well not easy in the way that it takes alot of time, you don't deal much damage so takes longer to kill monsters to level up.

But once you reach DK+8 or higher (perhaps +15) it's an awesome build, nearly unkillable and good for playing tanker at hunts, though a complete tanker build still is stronger and better in hunts.

To play as a tanker in hunts you'll require PA items or very good HP items, HC/TW/Dragons deal some nice load of damage when you don't have PA.

Ok thanks this is my last question which would be better

130 str 200 dex 59 int 158 vit 50 mag which was my original idea

or 25 mag which is what i have now, and the other 25 in vit

Many people tend to keep their build on str200 dex191 or 200 int59 mag50 vit 88 or 97 for a while, and when they get higher dk sword and maybe a fullhero they change to str130.

Why?

You won't do much damage with a flameberge/dk+2+4+6 sword.

So it actually takes longer to reach that goal if you keep to str130 the whole time. PPL with BH or bbh level alot faster than those with a flameberge. Altho someppl have a good sword such as anc giant sword which is perfect (at some point, even better than dk15 sword) for pvm since it has really really high damage and long swords also have high hit prop.

To answer your last question- with 25 mag you won't do much.

I've compared 25 to 50.

I exped 2 hours in ww with a 25 mag warr, then next day exped with 50 mag warr in ww.

The result: Had to repot twice on 25 mag warr, whereas never repotted on 50 mag war.

Nightmare, how many MP pots did you take to WW pit on the 25 mag war?

I have 25 mag and I usually carry about 10 mp pots wherever I go... I can do a whole maj point in WW, CYC or Ogre and i will maybe use 1 or 2 pots 3 at most. The only time i use MP pots heavily is when I train in DE Pit where I am constantly PFAing and Zerking, and even there I still wont use those 10 MP pots.

In my opinion 25 mag is the best option unless you really want that fast cast. The only time i would get 50 mag is if i intended to 1 on 1 A LOT of mages where fast cast will be a huge benefit.

carrying usually 10-12 mp pots..experiment was carried out with a ms20 wand. with ms28 i remember i still did have to repot at some times with 25 mag.

Mm ok im using DK+8 wand and I carry about 10 in WW, Cycs and Ogres i rarely use MP pots. Thats weird how two people can have such different results.

What is your max mana?

hmmm well you guys are making it harder lol

any other opinions i might just go with the 50 mag, so i can lvl faster with more mana....or IDK!

ok i got a char. with almost those exact stats.

so

1. really good for pvm

2. pretty slow leveling

3. makes a really good tank

4. if you plan on pvp i hope you got good fps, and know how to dodge blizz.

;) have fun.

You guys must be training while you are starving to death, 25 mag does me fine. Never have i run out of mana pots while in any pit training. Usually break both of my GiS's before i need mana pots.

130 str is hmmmm maybe good vs no itemz mages, tell me how u want to kill mage with PA or HP set using sword ? :) besides dk crits suc. And the funnies thing at the end :P) m. wand =30 pa wood slild 30 % pa... if 3 wars cant kill pared mage which uses m wand and pa 30 shild with 54 crits... and than mages runz away at writes "haha 400 hp left" :D

mostt pitfull things on nemesis

pa stuck up

no cast interaption when dmg higher than 40+ while pared :)

130 str is hmmmm maybe good vs no itemz mages, tell me how u want to kill mage with PA or HP set using sword ? :) besides dk crits suc. And the funnies thing at the end :P) m. wand =30 pa wood slild 30 % pa... if 3 wars cant kill pared mage which uses m wand and pa 30 shild with 54 crits... and than mages runz away at writes "haha 400 hp left" :D

pa stuck up

;) trust me theres a way.

pa stuck up

if ut tellin me about x srods and so on than dont :D i fnot i can pvp u to prove my point :D

pa stuck up

if ut tellin me about x srods and so on than dont :D i fnot i can pvp u to prove my point :D

well the topic is on advice for stats, and i really dont feel like running around for 20 mins trying to kill since i only get to play about 4-5 hours a week now, but is possible to kill a mage w/ a pa set w/ DK sword its not

fun or easy but ive managed to get a few.

The original poster has made it pretty clear that hes more interested in a good PvM build than a PvP build.

The 130 str has lil used for PVM. Its only good if ur planning on making a tank (for tw, hc, etc) with 200 vit. If u really are planning on making a char that wants to get items, but does not want to PVP (this build sucks in pvp but its great in pve) go for this one:

200 str with BBH+3 (at least),

150 dx

158 vit

59 int

30 mg

10 ch

For ww, ogre and clop (the usual armor grind), u don't need more than 150 dex. U might get in some trouble if u try to hit frosts or liches, which would need something like 180 dex. This build contains minimum dex, good vit, proper mag (so u don't ran out), and good dmg. Bbh is very nice in pvm, it kills faster than dk15, taking more advantge of the MAG u waste on casting Zerk.

Also, I recommend some hp Hoses/Berk (28% or more will be fine). Quickly switch them to recover for the loss of hp, combined with the good vit, making up for the lower dex.

>Remember if u engage in pvp with a war or a dex mage u ll probably loose. Recall is ur best friend for this build ^_^

The 130 str has lil used for PVM. Its only good if ur planning on making a tank (for tw, hc, etc) with 200 vit. If u really are planning on making a char that wants to get items, but does not want to PVP (this build sucks in pvp but its great in pve) go for this one:

200 str with BBH+3 (at least),

150 dx

158 vit

59 int

30 mg

10 ch

For ww, ogre and clop (the usual armor grind), u don't need more than 150 dex. U might get in some trouble if u try to hit frosts or liches, which would need something like 180 dex. This build contains minimum dex, good vit, proper mag (so u don't ran out), and good dmg. Bbh is very nice in pvm, it kills faster than dk15, taking more advantge of the MAG u waste on casting Zerk.

Also, I recommend some hp Hoses/Berk (28% or more will be fine). Quickly switch them to recover for the loss of hp, combined with the good vit, making up for the lower dex.

>Remember if u engage in pvp with a war or a dex mage u ll probably loose. Recall is ur best friend for this build ^_^

well its to late i went with almost the exact stats that i said in he first post, hopefully once i get the dk weapon a little bit upgraded it will turn out fine.