Sign in to follow this  
Eldon

To The Lovely Individual That Took My Mp28 Berk (m)

Hey guys,

One of my shares has taken my MP28 berk (M), and drop transferred it behind the command hall.

If you are the person or know the person, please give it back. As my zems etc remained, I'm guessing its not malicious. Nevertheless I'm making a ticket just as I'd like to know where it has gone.

I've been unable to change my password in-game for some time, can anyone inform me of the proper way to change my password as I'd really like to avoid this happening in future. To the person with my berk, returning it ASAP will get me to cancel the ticket.

Thanks,

Eldon.

P.S. I know the risks of sharing, if I have lost it due to bad share choices and it has actually been scammed I don't expect GM's to give it back. However, I do expect the scammer to be banned - we'll see what happens in due time.

Guest mamadas

Hey guys,

One of my shares has taken my MP28 berk (M), and drop transferred it behind the command hall.

If you are the person or know the person, please give it back. As my zems etc remained, I'm guessing its not malicious. Nevertheless I'm making a ticket just as I'd like to know where it has gone.

I've been unable to change my password in-game for some time, can anyone inform me of the proper way to change my password as I'd really like to avoid this happening in future. To the person with my berk, returning it ASAP will get me to cancel the ticket.

Thanks,

Eldon.

P.S. I know the risks of sharing, if I have lost it due to bad share choices and it has actually been scammed I don't expect GM's to give it back. However, I do expect the scammer to be banned - we'll see what happens in due time.

eldon =/

hopefully one of ur friends took it and will give it back

Sad to see.. But that happens when you share account with out 100% trustning.

You can change your password at the main page (www.helbreathnemesis.com).

When your logged in, you can change password there.

Good Luck

Indeed raMz, you can change password at the website.

it's easy and works correctly.

Btw eldon, as I saw the ticket I researched it, you already saying it's a loss due to sharing, so I'm likely 99% sure farjat will not be returning the item.

About banning the one who did it... I don't know about that, all depends on what farjat chooses to do with it, I just researched the case.

Would be nice if you could atleast name and shame the guy so that people dont trust this guy in the future.

Thought I replied to this:

Basically I'm going to try and get it back through normal means. He's taken it once before and returned it with my express displeasure and request that he never takes stuff off my account again. I would have changed my password at the time but had no idea how, I do now.

I'll keep you posted on progress, I'm pretty sure he'll return it.

Thanks for the help White.

I was tought that taking from another without permisson was theft to bad anothers hav'nt learned this :(

Sorry to hear you trusted wrong person

yes giggles, it's theft if Eldon wouldn't of given the password to this guy...

this case is same like I give you my house keys, you steal something I my hosue and I go to the police telling something is stolen and that it meight be you cuz I gave you my keys... thats bad trust giggles, never give your keys to someone you don't trust for 100%.

Because "the prolice" (=GM's & admins) in nemesis arn't returning stolen items.

To Eldon: I wish you luck on retreiving the item in a normal way.

But the point is: if u allow him to enter ur account by giving him ur password, why is it stealing, if he has acces to the item? I just don't get that. I know its "moraly" wrong, but its like:

Day 1:-"Hey u can borrow my char, use it, have some fun, here is the password"

then...

Day 2:-"Wtf? u borrowed my char? OMG ur a thief, u took the items of the account u had acces to!"

and then...

Day 3:-"Hello GMs? yes I want to report some missing items from my account. Yes someone with my permission to use my char, logged on my account, and did exactly what I told him to do, which is to have fun with the char I gave him acces to".

:lol: :lol:

Its just silly...and there is a post like this one every week. Don't u people learn?

Well i believe if he gets the items back from a GM, i am a bit dissapointet from the time my little bro dopped my hero items and some other items..

I didnt care for my other items, but i wish to get my hero items back =/

But i "hope" he will not get returned from a GM (Dont misunderstand this sentence please)

however scamming is not allowed.

Try to Solve it by your own first, we give you 24 hrs.

When i read this, i took it as a you would recover it .

Sry

np , im just saying scamming is not allowed and it could finish with Memento account banned.

But, even if he result banned, we will not replace Eldon's item.

Would it be the same with item loaning? Someone shares item with someone else, next day that person cant be found or wont return the item.

In my eyes its things like these that are "Share at your own risk" and under no circumstances should they be recovered. I know people who have been "scammed" this way more than once and continue to trust people they barely know.

this case is same like I give you my house keys, you steal something I my hosue and I go to the police telling something is stolen and that it meight be you cuz I gave you my keys... thats bad trust giggles, never give your keys to someone you don't trust for 100%.

Pretty sure if your roommate or someone steals from you it is a criminal offence and they can go to jail and you can claim insurance on your possessions.

Pretty sure if your roommate or someone steals from you it is a criminal offence and they can go to jail and you can claim insurance on your possessions.

dont be silly. :P

The rules are pretty clear on this, and let me get it straight here:

I shared - I DON'T expect the GM's to return my item if Memento does not. I think if you share you take the risk of losing your stuff.

However, IF he's taken it, it is still theft, so he should still be banned. We aren't at that stage yet.

Elgauson has summed it up quite nicely really.

GM's won't return the item and I'm not asking for it. GM's may ban the profiteer if that's the way it is.

I'll keep you posted, like I said, I'm pretty sure he will return the item.

Thanks GM's - I very much support your rules on sharing here.

P.S. King, there's a mighty big difference between letting someone on your char to GM sades but nothing else (I give them a clear rule set when they get access) or letting someone on because the don't have a mage for a single wyv hunt (which is what I did to benefit Memento out of the kindness of my heart one time), and telling them they have free reign to all your items etc.

I'll be changing the pw once the items returned.

Vamp: With regards to item loaning. Presuming the person hasn't gained it under false pretences (pretending to be someone else) then you do so at your own risk and GM's won't return the item.

However, I expect they will still ban the scammer. You won't get your item, but neither will the scammer.

as far as i see this isnt scamming but it involves your trust in memento and it is your own fault that u trusted him and he took your item. so he doesnt deserve a ban.

as far as i see this isnt scamming but it involves your trust in memento and it is your own fault that u trusted him and he took your item. so he doesnt deserve a ban.

That's not really how it works, you know how many people I could convince to trust me if I wanted it. I'd be a scammer, and I wouldn't expect to get away with it. If I did I'd be loaded :P

nahhhhhh i had a long old friend dumah and he got some of my items and will not even talk to me when i pm him. even trying to get him in forums though i'm disappointed but i could not do anything. he is online but just doesnt want to reply to me because i think he doesnt want to return my items. it's on Abraxas. accept the fact. he wont be banned.

P.S. King, there's a mighty big difference between letting someone on your char to GM sades but nothing else (I give them a clear rule set when they get access) or letting someone on because the don't have a mage for a single wyv hunt (which is what I did to benefit Memento out of the kindness of my heart one time), and telling them they have free reign to all your items etc.

The only thing that protects ur characters is your password. U know that, just like everyone else. If u give it away on purpose (even if it is out of pity from your own heart) u are by definition giving someone complete acces to your char.

Setting "acces leveles" just doesn't work. Its all about who's got the password or not. And since it wasn't hacked (it wasn't stolen from you or from the database, but was given to him by u), he is not really a stealer.