Sign in to follow this  
Muismat

Remove The C8 Walking Sound

When people go invis and start walking for the purpose of ambushing the enemy, it defeats the purpose when the enemy can hear you walking (with either headphones or sound edits). I believe walking is a stealth tactic and thus the C8 sound for walking should be removed and a checksum placed.

Opinions?

I thinks its a bad idea... that sound is there for a reason....

Plus, if you DO change it, that would just give even more advantage to the ppl that uses edited sounds....

90% of the threads of the suggestion forum fall under the same category, it shold be called "make my eking easier"..... :wacko:

if u remove sound u might aswell remove footprints

its the only way nabz that are lvling have a chance at escaping

Plus, if you DO change it, that would just give even more advantage to the ppl that uses edited sounds....

90% of the threads of the suggestion forum fall under the same category, it shold be called "make my eking easier"..... :wacko:

I didn't try my hardest - but when I tried amplifying the C8.wav file, it failed the consistency check.

So in turn, I just made every other sound that wasn't needed (rain, etc.) silent.

And I agree with King on this one.

Nah Muis, it's harder to hear walking over the monsters you are fighting, than it is to hear running. Sneaking up on someone who isn't fighting something, they should definitely hear you.

Some people have been known to sound swap in the past, and make it a sound that's easier to hear, and I disagree with that. The walk sound is very subtle, and is fine as-is imo.

I know you remember RaZoR and Inferno, and they walked all the time.

C8 is not to be removed.

I do agree there must, or rather should be some check or something to prevent edits onto the sounds (making them louder, removing any other sounds etc etc).

But removing it... no... thats no option in my eyes.

It's part of the game, learn to play with it.

C8 is not to be removed.

I do agree there must, or rather should be some check or something to prevent edits onto the sounds (making them louder, removing any other sounds etc etc).

But removing it... no... thats no option in my eyes.

It's part of the game, learn to play with it.

Agreed. Making it so people can't edit it would be nice.

I mean, if they remove it, how else will I hear every single person who tries to sneak up on me when I play and have people say I hack? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i love it,

GMs please add make a my eks easier section.