Sign in to follow this  
Zariel

Olympic 08!

michael phelps is *censored*ing insane

he's way better then ian thorpe ever was

every gold he takes is a world record lol

hey, did you see the Canadian swimmer? pretty close behind. ;)

gymnastics was just a competition between U.S and China, was fantastic

usa might be the best in basketball but cmon the aussies own in the pool :D

maybe in a few events but generally,

lol, no

mistaken, Canadians own the pool. :)

lmfao u rly think argentina can beat the US in basketball? USA is CLEARLY the most talented team and if u disagree ur an idiot. They are also the best team 2, they r pissed from last olympics.

Says the guy who didnt see Puerto Rico own USA team at the Worlds..and missed Argentina dominate in Athens 04.

If the USA win the gold its by luck... I admit (I love NBA) the players might be the better players.... but then Argentina and Brasil would win every World Cup (futbol) in the world and tournament and they dont.. not all...nearly..but they dont.

Spain, Argentina can beat USA.. that is a given.. What matters if the USA team play like a team and not on the coat tails of Michael Jordan and Clyde Drexler from the original dream team... If the USA team play like a team and dont let their ego's get to their heads...they r 3-1 on to win... Id say argentina is 5-1 on..and Spain maybe 6/7-1..just my odds. not official.

Everyone knows NBA and USA basketball are the most talented... but talent alone doesnt win you everything.. U need to be smart, tactical, sneaky- Something which african sports stars lack.

Look at African futbol.. They have been winning junior and olympic tournaments for a long time now. Physically they dominate the game.. speed, power etc,,, its all in their favor.. why cant they win?? NO non african ppl... simple.. *white = not just anglo saxon or aryan*

Brasil has a blend of this in their teams and it works well.. I think USA basketball needs to invest in Steve Nash type /John Stockton type players for them to have any chance of continuing to dominate World Basketball.

I.e They need a few white guys to help them

====

The Volleyball competition is great, I love it.... The pool is always fun and entertaining but it has an air of 'aristocracy' about it. Phelps is on EPO ..China is just Gold Medal hungry..they even win events now that they dont even care about..they just wanna win gold medals... I wouldn't be surprised to soon see a Chinese guy winning in the Sprint Cycling. (doubtful - but thats where their heading).

For such a huge country- Turkey sucks.. I dont see any turks in nothing... what a poor effort by the turks, no wonder they are so scared of the armenian race.. For such a tiny country Armenia is in everything and have been for a while (Andre Agassi). Respect + 1 for Armenia

lol if USA wins its by luck?

you obviously know nothing about the 2004 olympic games zariel

the USA olympic basketball team basically fell apart before the olympic games because like 10 players dropped from the team and decided in 2003 not to play in the olympics

so the USA team ended up being mostly NBA rookies in their first couple years.. except for duncan and iverson

and the olympic "champions" argentina only beat USA by 7 points in the semi-finals

no domination.. just a "lucky" gold medal for them

lol pretty close behind in which swim?

he's won 5 gold medals so far and broken 5 world records (2 team events)

so you need to specify

i dont think canada even has any medals yet

and to Error

aussies definitely don't own the pool

if youd actually watched any of the olympics you would know USA owns the pool

lmfao u rly think argentina can beat the US in basketball? USA is CLEARLY the most talented team and if u disagree ur an idiot. They are also the best team 2, they r pissed from last olympics.

lol i think she was just cheering her country on

yeah, u r right lmao, i was just cheering ahahahaha

BUT i might tell u saken, i m not an idiot, i luv sports, i luv NBA ... and yes, US is the country which has most talented basketball players... but US lost '04 olympics because they didnt care about olympics game, they just were interested in THEIR NBA games, and that's all... they though they would win with any team.. and they got out because they didnt care about olympics...

i dont know how to make u understand what i m saying because english is not my first language... but is like if u want to win u need to feel it... hope u understand what i m saying :)

and maybe to this olympic game they came angry and can win. Hope not! ^^ lmao

wiii argentina to win!! ^^ xD (cheerssssss)

omgg yay, i cant believe what this girls can do at that age (u were talking about girls, right?)

Guest saken

Says the guy who didnt see Puerto Rico own USA team at the Worlds..and missed Argentina dominate in Athens 04.

If the USA win the gold its by luck... I admit (I love NBA) the players might be the better players.... but then Argentina and Brasil would win every World Cup (futbol) in the world and tournament and they dont.. not all...nearly..but they dont.

Spain, Argentina can beat USA.. that is a given.. What matters if the USA team play like a team and not on the coat tails of Michael Jordan and Clyde Drexler from the original dream team... If the USA team play like a team and dont let their ego's get to their heads...they r 3-1 on to win... Id say argentina is 5-1 on..and Spain maybe 6/7-1..just my odds. not official.

Everyone knows NBA and USA basketball are the most talented... but talent alone doesnt win you everything.. U need to be smart, tactical, sneaky- Something which african sports stars lack.

Look at African futbol.. They have been winning junior and olympic tournaments for a long time now. Physically they dominate the game.. speed, power etc,,, its all in their favor.. why cant they win?? NO non african ppl... simple.. *white = not just anglo saxon or aryan*

Brasil has a blend of this in their teams and it works well.. I think USA basketball needs to invest in Steve Nash type /John Stockton type players for them to have any chance of continuing to dominate World Basketball.

====

The Volleyball competition is great, I love it.... The pool is always fun and entertaining but it has an air of 'aristocracy' about it. Phelps is on EPO ..China is just Gold Medal hungry..they even win events now that they dont even care about..they just wanna win gold medals... I wouldn't be surprised to soon see a Chinese guy winning in the Sprint Cycling. (doubtful - but thats where their heading).

For such a huge country- Turkey sucks.. I dont see any turks in nothing... what a poor effort by the turks, no wonder they are so scared of the armenian race.. For such a tiny country Armenia is in everything and have been for a while (Andre Agassi). Respect + 1 for Armenia

You should probably NEVER try to talk basketball again. Laugh there is absolutely no difference between African learning ability and white learning ability. There is no difference between white athleticism and african athleticism. It is how you are brought up. If you are raised around basketball then your raised around sports naturally your gonna be more athletic. Black men cant run a team? You bring up John Stockton and Steve Nash, were u just seeing what white PG's u could name? Cause the best 2 PG's in the league right now ae black, Deron Williams and Chris Paul. And I bring up PG's cause they r the leaders of team n have 2 be the most intelligent

====

You should probably NEVER try to talk basketball again. Laugh there is absolutely no difference between African learning ability and white learning ability. There is no difference between white athleticism and african athleticism. It is how you are brought up. If you are raised around basketball then your raised around sports naturally your gonna be more athletic. Black men cant run a team? You bring up John Stockton and Steve Nash, were u just seeing what white PG's u could name? Cause the best 2 PG's in the league right now ae black, Deron Williams and Chris Paul. And I bring up PG's cause they r the leaders of team n have 2 be the most intelligent

why r u so angry? lol

omg have u seen the poor hungarian guy?? the one who lift (?) weight??? ewww

Saken, before you speak to me about racial learning abilites actually research it.. Dont throw verbal diahorrea at me without having a clue. (without been racist), I am rite.. Africans have a higher sex drive but lower intelligence... etc etc... So dont act like a tuff nut on the forums saken, cos u aint.

Eze... a team of NBA players regardless of who they r ..if they r american they shuld win against a team of no name argentinians or better yet a team of no name puerto ricans

But they didnt....Thats just as possible to happen today as it is anyday..

USA Basketball think like Saken, that they own the gold medal... but they dont, like Trinity says they need to put passion, claws and the t-shirt on the line... as a team. Argentina can do this.. if USA cant... they will lose.

And yes ..they need a few xtra white players in the team to balance out the dumbness and the pure talent with more tactical, 'court smarts' kinda abilities... ie. White ppl... and no i dont mean Jason Kidd..

Link on Intelligence and races (This isnt the site I read, but it will do as I found it in 2 mins.) : http://www.arthurhu.com/INDEX/aintell.htm

According to this Koko the gorrilla (High End) is pretty smart compared to Lebron James ..

Saken, before you speak to me about racial learning abilites actually research it.. Dont throw verbal diahorrea at me without having a clue. (without been racist), I am rite.. Africans have a higher sex drive but lower intelligence... etc etc... So dont act like a tuff nut on the forums saken, cos u aint.

Eze... a team of NBA players regardless of who they r ..if they r american they shuld win against a team of no name argentinians or better yet a team of no name puerto ricans

But they didnt....Thats just as possible to happen today as it is anyday..

USA Basketball think like Saken, that they own the gold medal... but they dont, like Trinity says they need to put passion, claws and the t-shirt on the line... as a team. Argentina can do this.. if USA cant... they will lose.

And yes ..they need a few xtra white players in the team to balance out the dumbness and the pure talent with more tactical, 'court smarts' kinda abilities... ie. White ppl... and no i dont mean Jason Kidd..

Link on Intelligence and races (This isnt the site I read, but it will do as I found it in 2 mins.) : http://www.arthurhu.com/INDEX/aintell.htm

According to this Koko the gorrilla (High End) is pretty smart compared to Lebron James ..

earth to zariel. the rest of the world started playing basketball a long time ago and there are leagues all over the world now

no name argentinians? manu ginobli for one? he's one of the big 3 on the san antonio spurs in the NBA

the 2004 USA basketball team was screwed because it fell apart and they never practiced together. it was a thrown together team of 2 veterans and the majority a bunch of 1st and 2nd year NBA players

this time around the USA basketball team has actually been practicing together for a couple years

they have put in prepration and if you have seen any of the games they work together and are unselfish with the ball

only problem they have is making field goals

mostly because in international play the 3 point line is 3 feet shorter than in the NBA so they have to adjust

the NBA is also more strict on hand checking and goal tending so the NBA players have to turn that switch off in their brain and adjust to the different rules

DO YOUR HOMEWORK

PS. there are intelligent non-white point guards on the US team (chris paul, deron williams).. just because steve nash is a good point guard doesnt mean only white people are good at the position

Before they beat USA>..they where no namers... come on..dont act like just because manu ginoboli is in a team...its worth something..Puerto rico beat you guys and they still r no namers... apart from that pg who playd bit in nba.. they suck.

NBA USA pros..shuldnt need prep..they r the best like saken has been saying.. they can win anytime, anyplace.

Mark Williams use to be hand check expert.. maybe he shuld coach the USA team..instead of commentating on TNT.

Eze..i know about the euroleague etc.. dominique wilkins use to play for pana 12 years or more ago. my opinions are my opinions.. and they need white ppl.. Chris paul and deron will might be smart in the NBA..but not against argentinian or spanish teams.. they outsmart the USA team by hundreds of IQ points.

Homework has been done... African teams arent smart, USA basketball is arrogant..hasn't got the passion to leave it all on the court- Arg and puerto rico where no bodies...before they beat you.. Manu Ginobili isnt Michael Jordan or Tim Duncan...

no excuses..

Before they beat USA>..they where no namers... come on..dont act like just because manu ginoboli is in a team...its worth something..Puerto rico beat you guys and they still r no namers... apart from that pg who playd bit in nba.. they suck.

NBA USA pros..shuldnt need prep..they r the best like saken has been saying.. they can win anytime, anyplace.

Mark Williams use to be hand check expert.. maybe he shuld coach the USA team..instead of commentating on TNT.

Eze..i know about the euroleague etc.. dominique wilkins use to play for pana 12 years or more ago. my opinions are my opinions.. and they need white ppl.. Chris paul and deron will might be smart in the NBA..but not against argentinian or spanish teams.. they outsmart the USA team by hundreds of IQ points.

Homework has been done... African teams arent smart, USA basketball is arrogant..hasn't got the passion to leave it all on the court- Arg and puerto rico where no bodies...before they beat you.. Manu Ginobili isnt Michael Jordan or Tim Duncan...

no excuses..

lol go over your homework again

you dont know anything about basketball and you havent read anything i told you about the olympics

so youre just being ignorant and making assumptions

the rest of the world is catching up the USA in basketball real fast as it gets more popular. so you say "no names" but that doesnt mean they dont know how to play ball

if you want to talk the transition from NBA regulation/rules to international? its not as easy as you think

the fact is international ball is a completely different game from NBA ball

these international teams play international rules all year long while NBA players play a different set of rules all year long and then they have to go AGAINST their intuition to adjust

its actually very difficult for them

and youre using ONLY the 2004 olympic team as an example

which i already explained the situation to you.

they lost all their key players who dropped out the year prior to the olympics. the 2004 USA "team" did not prepare together at all and were just a mix mosh of NBA players (most with little experience. not michael jordan) thrown together and expected to perform

have you ever played a team sport?

no matter how good you are if youve never played with your "teammates" and gotten used to their style then you will suck because there hasnt been any trust or understanding developed

Now. you go watch the 2008 USA olympic team instead of assuming its the same team as the 2004 team and you'll see that there have been major changes to their approach to the olympics

In view of all those excuses.... why not choose trojan langdon ...he knows how to play Euroleague.. put some of these players in your team from the euroleague and problem solved.. O but why dont they do it? Cos they wanna be heroes and put all the best show ponies in one team..not too mention the dumbest.

I still think Mark Jackson shuld school some of the players on hand checking.

Team sport number 1 = Volleyball and Im quite good at it. So the best players and most skilled players in the world now need time to blend .... because if they dont have that time they will lose to argentina?

LOL thats a joke... Its like argentinas best 11 in futbol ..saying we cant win against USA soccer because we dont have enough time to bond with each other.. Or even better losing to Puerto Rico (Venezuela sorta team in futbol) and saying .. The rules are a bit different...they umpire different , the pitch is different size, the interpretations r different... this happens in futbol always.. its part of been a professional sports team/man..

Adapting and playing for the shirt... I think USA basketball would win always without any excuses or any training camp..if they played for the shirt.. not for the cheque book.

NBA players r just rich guys with no brains..

and what u r all missing is that sports has something funny.. u never now what can happens. ^_^

And also, it's not just having the best players... one of the most important thing is feeling the color of ur t-shirt and actually the desire of winning....

so, time will tell us who wins :P hope argentina lmao

byeeee

ps: usa playing basket right now... let's watch it

In view of all those excuses.... why not choose trojan langdon ...he knows how to play Euroleague.. put some of these players in your team from the euroleague and problem solved.. O but why dont they do it? Cos they wanna be heroes and put all the best show ponies in one team..not too mention the dumbest.

I still think Mark Jackson shuld school some of the players on hand checking.

Team sport number 1 = Volleyball and Im quite good at it. So the best players and most skilled players in the world now need time to blend .... because if they dont have that time they will lose to argentina?

LOL thats a joke... Its like argentinas best 11 in futbol ..saying we cant win against USA soccer because we dont have enough time to bond with each other.. Or even better losing to Puerto Rico (Venezuela sorta team in futbol) and saying .. The rules are a bit different...they umpire different , the pitch is different size, the interpretations r different... this happens in futbol always.. its part of been a professional sports team/man..

Adapting and playing for the shirt... I think USA basketball would win always without any excuses or any training camp..if they played for the shirt.. not for the cheque book.

NBA players r just rich guys with no brains..

no use talking to you any more

you dont listen to or absorb anything i say

you just brush it aside and call it an excuse for no reason at all

i love people who try to sound intelligent when talking about something they know nothing about

no matter how much you get someone to "school" people on the rules of international play, they still have to change their INSTINCTS 180 degrees to play those rules when just months ago they were playing NBA rules

you havent played a sport before

you dont know anything about the high level these athletes play at. they play fast and they play hard. this isnt school ball with your friends

they play off INSTINCTS they cant sit there and think about what theyre gonna do before they do it because its a fast game

international players play the rules all year long and dont have to make any adjustments

when you play a fast team game you play off what you know your teammate will do. you know when he will cut or go to the basket and you develop the trust to give the ball to your teammate when the opportunity is there

you really have no arguement youre talking out of your *censored*

i dont even know why i bother

you obviously know nothing about team sports or playing sports in general.. you just watch on tv but dont have the personal experience to understand whats really going on

and if you did play any sport you must have been a moron

Going to go with Ezekiel on that one.

Teams need experience with each other, otherwise - you'll just have a team that's individually skilled but no chemistry as an actual team. If you took a bunch of the best players in the world of futbol and matched them up against a top tier team - the team with the best players would probably lose.

Sure, individual skills - they'd probably be the best. But since they played with a mish mash of players who haven't ever played WITH each other and to top it all off they didn't practice as much as they should've.

That's an equation for failure, and you can lose to an Argentinian basketball team because of it.

totally agree, i do believe it's very important that players have previous experiences all together as a team.. (training and not official matches), before playing an official match

.. the reason many teams can now beat the US is because the NBA went global and by going global all these kids who are now my age.. where growing up watching michael jordan and co.. in dream team '92 and Shaq rap and act on TV during the mid 90's.

Thats the price for going global. The reason they cant win with all the best players in the world is because they lack white influence in their team..

that is my arguement here, and has been all along. I added more to this arguement by saying if the US team played for the shirt ..first.. and cheque book second.. they would win regardless of blending.. camps.. etc.

Futbol teams have a two week camp..and they play.. no excuses before the World Cup..which is the biggest thing in the world. Pitch sizes vary.. look at Arsenal they played for years on a pitch half the size of Old Trafford.. you heard anyone complain? make an excuse? ....i didnt..

The pitch in Shanghai in the olympics is small.. I dont hear anyone complain, saying its not like the pitch we use all year at home..its not the same weather etc..

this is professional sports.. in professional sports.. You lose because you weren't good enough. Simple.

The USA weren't good enough to beat Puerto Rico or Argentina.. simple. The rest r just excuses , and pointing the finger at X, Y, Z reason. (excuses)

I understand your point all along Eze... thing is ..I wont accept your point, because its just a big excuse as to why you lost to Arg and PR.

Just say u lost fair and square and thats it... I dont care if the have to adapt to international rules... they've had 4 years to pick a team and prepare... there's no excuses, the all speak the same language.. they're all the same nationality.. Its not like all of a sudden they r playing Volleyball..

Its still basketball...

As for you saying I dont know what Im talking about? fine..have that opinion, But i was watching NBA while u where still in elementary school wondering what day it is. And you also saying I dont play sport... I been playing sport before you where even born.. no need to share with u my accomplishments in sport.. be they at state or national lvl..

Funny how you turned a simple opinion (be it fixed and harsh) its an opinion into a personal fued... you do that often Eze.. its common for u to do that. So it dont bother me.. no skin of my bone, if you cant accept a loss... or someone elses opinions.

P.S Do as you preach, and dont bother... when it come to sports.. Im ur daddy. simple.

anyway

GOOD JOB !!! KOREAN~~~~~

Korea is still 3rd medal score!!!!

YEA!! I watched the group archery (women), korean team performed perfectly!! It was a good game & I enjoyed so much watching it. They deserve to win!! :D

Congrat to Korea in the medal score! But China is going to win. I'm sorry!! :P

PS. Would ppls STOP talking about NBA or World Cup?!?!?!?! It's OLYMPIC game!!

anyway

GOOD JOB !!! KOREAN~~~~~

Korea is still 3rd medal score!!!!

YEA!! I watched the group archery (women), korean team performed perfectly!! It was a good game & I enjoyed so much watching it. They deserve to win!! :D

Congrat to Korea in the medal score! But China is going to win. I'm sorry!! :P

PS. Would ppls STOP talking about NBA or World Cup?!?!?!?! It's OLYMPIC game!!

sry, i talk about olympics and named nba to make the comparison of what us team was interested at....

read this: Phelps diet a day

wtf?????? i eat (when i eat a lot) 1500 cal a day!!! my god.. i hate him -.-

lol just ignore zariel

he's a moron

i already said the US wasnt good enough to beat ARG or PR in 2004 and i told you why that team fell apart

i dont understand what your point is or where youre going with your ramblings

go play a sport first before you try and talk like you know about playing on a team

you think it's just easy to win if youre playing "for the shirt" and not "for the check"? haha thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard

learn somethin about sports bud

and as for the white comment... LOL

if you think being white makes you a smarter player at a sport then youre just ignorant

god i love nerds who read some sports articles and then think they know everything

I was watching that race...

Right at the end I was thinking "no way can phelps touch before that dude"

but wow he did it...1/100 of a second rofl...