Sign in to follow this  
xCoLoOox

Design The Future Helbreath Event!

1-2 times a week at a certain time, there should be an all out war for a set amount of time. Every player above 100 will be teleported to a map, where they must fight. If you die you will not drop anything but you will respawn and must fight again until the event is over. This promotes the basis of the game of Helbreath where 2 nations Elvine vs Aresden are fighting for domination. This also improves ek count and player participation because everytime there is held or crusade. most of the players don't bother to participate or just raid. also as a bonus there will possible be a capture the flag event inside the map and those with the target object will receive 1 point every 10 cumilitive minutes.

continued: also to prevent ek laming, could maybe implement 3 ek from a certain player for the event. and also receive points for killing a player during the event so that people continue fighting after they can't receive ek anymore from that person.

point system:

1 point = 1 kill

100 points = 1 xstone/mstone/zem

500 points = +5-10% HP/MP/SP recovery on item.

1000 points = 75% chance change item into M/W.

2000 points = boots that glow like xblade, wearing these boots increase magic/physical dmg by 20% during held/crusade/war.

1-2 times a week at a certain time, there should be an all out war for a set amount of time. Every player above 100 will be teleported to a map, where they must fight. If you die you will not drop anything but you will respawn and must fight again until the event is over. This promotes the basis of the game of Helbreath where 2 nations Elvine vs Aresden are fighting for domination. This also improves ek count and player participation because everytime there is held or crusade. most of the players don't bother to participate or just raid. also as a bonus there will possible be a capture the flag event inside the map and those with the target object will receive 1 point every 10 cumilitive minutes.

continued: also to prevent ek laming, could maybe implement 3 ek from a certain player for the event. and also receive points for killing a player during the event so that people continue fighting after they can't receive ek anymore from that person.

point system:

1 point = 1 kill

100 points = 1 xstone/mstone/zem

500 points = +5-10% HP/MP/SP recovery on item.

1000 points = 75% chance change item into M/W.

2000 points = boots that glow like xblade, wearing these boots increase magic/physical dmg by 20% during held/crusade/war.

good idea...

i want to remind everybody please DO not post

Fixs

adjustments

stat changes

items that do the same as existing items but have a diffrent image and diffrent damage

this thread is for big updates to the game of all the posts here ive seen maybe 3 or 4 that qualify

if you want to win the stones think about what your writing carefully

I like all that King as posted, i have long wondered why the quoted hb "never ending fatal war" turned into, everyone time the target, pfa the target, para the target, and hope to box or kill before para is off and maybe if they dont recall or pull we get an ek and zem for kicks.

I dont care what the heck this topic was looking for that really cant determine what "BIG CHANGE" is to this server. if u want BIG CHANGE, u need to either vote obama (apparently), or redo the server the way the stupid korean programmers couldnt.

i want the game to be more engaged too, people will need each other to raid, and kill more ppl than the times they will die. the whole problem lies with we get lazy to hunt and wanna ek, but we need zems in our minds to raid, and dying means u get called a noob for sure because its so easy to NOT DIE in this stage of hb. ive had enough of the 180 bliss we got when wars wit amp or zerk always, and mages who dont die once they get dk (if they know how to play) it just doesnt happen.

only carelessness gets u killed theres no fatal war here.

do nemesis BIG AND addicting, make it like king suggested plz

kills = rewards, items can be a bit out of the picture and real fun can begin. dont give a reason to pull from pvp like losing an ek if u die or anything like that either. it encourages bad play habits.

I say add only a 2x2 sized safe zone everywhere, so if u wanna help your group u need to handle enemies after u got 4 ppl wit u. that or stop taking up space and get out of safe.

hey, my idea is a big change. :angry:

Hi timma sorry i did not explain sooner...

your idea is something that can more or less be done with existing hb servers (public files)

some pak changes and a new map with lvl limits some new items the only change here

is that support would need to be added for a 3rd city...

so the idea is only partly a big change in that there is a 3rd city please try to think of something else

or update your idea of a 3rd city with out includeing changes possible with out reprogramming..

Mine too :D

My idea is Helbreath Nemesis PVP Center. A place like arena where u can make pvp. 4 Arenas. 1 y 2 only 1 vs 1, 3 arena only 2 vs 2 and in the 4 arena Max 5 vs 5

The Arena got the same thing like Ml. But u have to take a ticket to go. U reserved the pvp room and u can pvp 1 vs 1 without interruption.

Gaucho this is already part of the game you go to guild master get a ticket go to arena fight we have 9 of them replacing one with middleland is not a major change

Adding 'Priest' in the game.. As a choice next to mage and war, with its own unique spells and weapons! They will look like Bmages but then a bit different, cause you will need a combination of dex, int, and str for there unique spells/weapons

Well probably everybody is familiar with a priest, so no need to explain it I think!

I know it's not a big idea but just wanted to mention it.. cause i kinda miss the 'entangle' spell so now and then (para witch goes thru pfm) :D:D

So my idea is to create a new skill that can be used after reaching lvl 180. This skill would allow you to capture/tame monsters in the game. Once a montser is captured in the wild it is teleported to a barn located in town where it can be trained by fighting your character. Each monster will have its own max lvl and once it reaches that lvl it can be upgraded with contribution/ek/majestic points (gm's can decide which one). These upgrades would include new magic the monster could learn and a dmg/mag upgrade. Along with the new skill a new magic will be made available to both war and mage that enables them to summon these monsters from the barn. Events can also be made around these summons such as a summoning battle between characters that is held in a special area or new map in which only characters with summoned monsters can enter that has a higher drop rate but has tougher enemies this would make people want to train their monsters so they would be able to get the advantage of better drops. There could also be player vs. summon events which would count for an ek since the summon would be more powerful than most monsters. And once a character makes a monster that is more powerful than an abbadon have a city wide event to try and kill it. The monster should have good drops and once it is killed all players in town get exp. I wrote this in like 5 minutes so if its too much its cause i thoguht it needed more, but the base idea is the capture/training/summoning of wild monsters.

Its a crazy idea but its fun.

Why dont create a partner like a summon. Maybe Hellhound with some vit that u can train and get better. We can make it like angel and upgred it. U can train/figth/hunt with him and he has to train and set stast like a player. U get it with maj points and upgreded with maj too. U can call him wen u need it and is not necesary to be all the time. The summon can die and its not dropeable. Its a crazy idea but it helps if u raid alone.

I like ideas about new hero items to take..and possibly a hero sword/blade or hero wand/rapier worth alot..im talking 1500 ek + maybe..

I also like this training a hellhound as a companion and summoning him and what not..

---

My idea is having a button that can switch from 2d mode to 3d mode. 3d mode for new players who like nice graphics, it would lure alot of youngsters in...3d maybe for easy hunts etc... 2d mode for pvps etc..

Marriages shuld have more use... like if a married couple is in party .they shuld get xtra dmg or something..maybe as as married couple they shuld be able to summon (with or without training depends ..) a 'child' or somekinda offspring..like the hellhound idea.. u would then train this offspring to help the married couple..only as a couple in party can be summoned thou..or something.. no stupid couples pls.

Id love a place like a 'Bar' or something... where ppl from both towns could hang out.. maybe an old Broken down Inn..or something in ML..where ppl can hang out and talk ..elvs and ares together.. Alot of pvp's and more fighting will result.. as friction rises, within close proximities.. Ideally this place shuld be a church or a temple.. so ppl cant enter armed.. or hit (for the storyline)..

a new skill - once a certain amount of reputation is gained..ppl shuld be able to trade it in for a new skill...if they want.. (for negative rep it can be used aswell)

like - this new skill would require them to do mini quests..and sacrifice different things for rewards. once completed u can be considered a Saint and for negative rep ppl they get Sinner title..or something. Titles shuld be very very hard to achieve.. Saint gives u + HP regen and perhaps some thing else like fire protection and pr 50 % and Sinner gives u + DEF and maybe Lighting protection and pr 50 % aswell..or something..i dont know.

Sleeping skill...

A new skill should be released for players who have reached a certain 'mark'. The mark should be defined.. perhaps its certain number of EK's or Regular full hero must be reached or ...u need to get lucky and get the manual as a rare drop..something... the idea is too AFK and instead of doing nothing..u raise a skill which gives u a considerable amount more AFK exp than normal... NOTHING huge..but something considerable..too make it worth it..really worth it...

i just wrote this spontaneously...perhaps at a later date could add somehting else...

Bueno les propongo unos eventos muy copados que vi y que se me ocurrieron

Busqueda de items o de gm no va esos evento pueden estar acomodados

Evento 1

se le pone un reto a 2 guilds, que a partir de un dia X el que consiga 30 eks de la guild contraria es la que gana

por ejemplo argenlandia y African a partir de ma?ana empiesa y el primer guild en postear 30 ek de los demas ganan

Evento 2

evento pvp. Conciste en lo siguiente:

tepean a todos los participantes, de estos se hace Food game y de hay salen 2 capitanes, estos capitanes van elijiendo a sus miembros( no importa si son ares o elv)

Todos llevan una capa no color, y luego que se haya elegidos los equipos los gms dan dyes de color rojas o azules para diferenciar, y luego al equipo ganador podrian darles un private summon event, o a partir del tema ganador se hace last man stand buena idea no? :P

event 3 Skin nemesis:

como vi muchos server tiene sus propios skin, estaria bueno que llamen a concurso y que la gente haga skin que digan nemesis Dragonia y algo x el estilo para emplearlos posteriormente en los skin, ya que es feo usar los skin normales

event 4

Como ya hicieron una ves, que pongan una fecha de inicio y una de final para recolectar una X cantidad de piesas de monstruos, y luego ir ante un GM, entregarle las piesas que pidio y como premi a esto el player da una armadura de X% y le aumenta un nivel, osea 7%

x ejmplo juntar 200 orc leather o lo que el GM ponga de lista, luego ir al gm y le das las leather y le pasas la armour que queres q te emjore x ejmplo una berk hp 42% a hp 49%

Pero alto, habria que poner un limite, que no te vengan con una ma 30 que se la hagas 36, va eso ya vera el GM

espero que les guste alguno, dps ya se me va a ocurrir algunos mas o voy a robar de algun lado xD

Here are my ideas:-

1) Scan Manual - Grants user the ability to scan any monster. Dropped by Centaurus.

2) Demon Potion - Summon a friendly demon to your side. You can make this potion with 100% Alchemy Skill, requires: Demon Eye, Demon Leather, Demon Heart, Ginseng and Slime Jelly to make.

3) Unicorn Potion - Summon a friendly Unicorn to your side. You can make this potion with 100% Alchemy Skill, requires: Unicorn Antenae, Unicorn Heart, Unicorn Leather, Mushroom and Slime Jelly to make.

4) Berzerk Potion - Grants Berzerk mode for 10 minutes, 80% Alchemy skill, requires: ??? ??? ??? and Slime Jelly?

5) Invinsibility Potion - Makes u invulnerable to magic and phyiscal attacks for 1 min, 100% Alchemy skill, requires: blah, blah, blah,... oh and Slime Jelly :D

6) Fish for Rares - Any rare item can be fished from water, stones too! The best chance of fishing a rare should be in the most dangerous maps in Nemesis :ph34r:

7) Liche Pit - A dedicated Liche pit in one of the unpopulated areas of the Dungeon Level 3 map.

8) Other creatures that drop Kloness Weapons besides Unicorns (Guards for example).

9) Unicorn pit in BI.

10) Helbreath Lottery - purchase a lottery ticket with real cash! (or maybe contribution points :blush: ) Match 2 or more numbers to win:

i) 2 numbers = 100k gold packet

ii) 3 numbers = mstone, xstone or zem

iii) 4 numbers = ms10, dm1 or df10

iv) 5 numbers = necklace of liche, necklace of stone golem etc

v) 5 numbers plus bonus ball = Resu wand, ms30 llf

vi) 6 numbers = x weapon, xelima necklace, merien necklace

"Helbreath Lottery, it could be you" :wacko:

my firt idea is simple

make one button to eat Stamina potions and one button to eat Super Power Green/ Power Green potions

Helbreath is perfect .. but need a button for SP ;P

my second idea is old

Back barracks to city... barracks raiders is very cool ... Gradius, rapiers and esterk go up your price.

sorry .. but my english is horrible xD.

my firt idea is simple

make one button to eat Stamina potions and one button to eat Super Power Green/ Power Green potions

Helbreath is perfect .. but need a button for SP ;P

my second idea is old

Back barracks to city... barracks raiders is very cool ... Gradius, rapiers and esterk go up your price.

sorry .. but my english is horrible xD.

This is probably my favorite post so far. But I doubt people would bother making barracks raiders, maybe have one conjoined barracks where 40- could get to quickly and easily just to fight. Like ND used to be on INT

Its a crazy idea but its fun.

Why dont create a partner like a summon. Maybe Hellhound with some vit that u can train and get better. We can make it like angel and upgred it. U can train/figth/hunt with him and he has to train and set stast like a player. U get it with maj points and upgreded with maj too. U can call him wen u need it and is not necesary to be all the time. The summon can die and its not dropeable. Its a crazy idea but it helps if u raid alone.

this is a good idea

I like ideas about new hero items to take..and possibly a hero sword/blade or hero wand/rapier worth alot..im talking 1500 ek + maybe..

I also like this training a hellhound as a companion and summoning him and what not..

---

My idea is having a button that can switch from 2d mode to 3d mode. 3d mode for new players who like nice graphics, it would lure alot of youngsters in...3d maybe for easy hunts etc... 2d mode for pvps etc..

Marriages shuld have more use... like if a married couple is in party .they shuld get xtra dmg or something..maybe as as married couple they shuld be able to summon (with or without training depends ..) a 'child' or somekinda offspring..like the hellhound idea.. u would then train this offspring to help the married couple..only as a couple in party can be summoned thou..or something.. no stupid couples pls.

Id love a place like a 'Bar' or something... where ppl from both towns could hang out.. maybe an old Broken down Inn..or something in ML..where ppl can hang out and talk ..elvs and ares together.. Alot of pvp's and more fighting will result.. as friction rises, within close proximities.. Ideally this place shuld be a church or a temple.. so ppl cant enter armed.. or hit (for the storyline)..

a new skill - once a certain amount of reputation is gained..ppl shuld be able to trade it in for a new skill...if they want.. (for negative rep it can be used aswell)

like - this new skill would require them to do mini quests..and sacrifice different things for rewards. once completed u can be considered a Saint and for negative rep ppl they get Sinner title..or something. Titles shuld be very very hard to achieve.. Saint gives u + HP regen and perhaps some thing else like fire protection and pr 50 % and Sinner gives u + DEF and maybe Lighting protection and pr 50 % aswell..or something..i dont know.

Sleeping skill...

A new skill should be released for players who have reached a certain 'mark'. The mark should be defined.. perhaps its certain number of EK's or Regular full hero must be reached or ...u need to get lucky and get the manual as a rare drop..something... the idea is too AFK and instead of doing nothing..u raise a skill which gives u a considerable amount more AFK exp than normal... NOTHING huge..but something considerable..too make it worth it..really worth it...

i just wrote this spontaneously...perhaps at a later date could add somehting else...

the bigger idea here 3d is beyond our current abilitys but a good idea

some of your other ideas are ok also

It is about time, Alot of good ideas are coming out here.

As people Know I moved on because of lack of substance but I am seeing now Nemesis is getting back on the tracks.

Sexy/Scat/Farjat get your cut and paster and clean it off the forum buttons ready.

Interface changes:

new slash commands to assist players in game. (influanced from Research of successful tools from other games in the same Genre, Modified to fit and fix glaring holes in helbreath)

/Autoloot (1-100) - Players who makes kill or is in party that makes kill get the items direct dropped to bag the 1 - 100 is the % of times the item would drop off the monster say your rare hunting for the medusa in snakes a 1% drop rate this would make anything that dropped more offten be ignored for vultures to take. Autoloot would take in account party hunts and disribute the items though the party in a round robin drop system.

This type of auto-looting system stops the Drop theives dead cold, covers the spreading items out for food game. (though ultra rares can still be fooded for those who choose to do so) Also this makes for a strong reason to avoid death in an ek they get the drop

/friends /party /guild (maybe assigned to control keys)

New interface windows Using examples I have pulled out of other games (researching for Ideas that can be adapted and help Helbreath grow)

IPB Image

-The friends list would be limited info and could be set for either town due to it does not expose location

-the party list lets you control party options like each gets own gold/drops/xp or shared on those choices.

-the Guild window gives complete control of the guild to the Guildmasters

-the ability to see who are all in guild and to see how much xp they brought the guild. And see their location if -needed. great for planning guild hunts.

-Kick people out and why they were kicked (when not online a very much needed thing aka the diffrences in -disbanding the guild to dump a rotten apple or not)

-provide guild notices

-assign recuitiing ability and expel ability and if the person would have access to guild wh.

-rankings where the guild is, what other guilds they hunt most often who they have the most friends with. ect.

cntl-A : auto attack this is a broken feature currently in helbreath basicly allowing you to be hitting a mob until it is dead mind the auto attack would not take into account any fancy moves for eking like swerving behind a person and nailing them in the back or chasing a runner.

cntl-F : follow unless attacked great for a guild hunt to get a party to a far location also great for conga lines.

I wont go into Battle Mode which is like turning the whole letter part of the key board into hotkeys (talk about weapon changes, armor redawning, pot chugging, spell casting madness) unless the enter key is pressed first which will flip to text mode.

NPC OVERHAUL

Add Bob the bartender - the ek caller system place him inside a building like the off warehouse.. this way those who want to see an EK caller system can those that dont, dont.

His Holyness the priest in the church - Your top ten rankings on eks and villians, and expriance get that stuff off the website less the game interfaces directly with website the more secure it is.

Have each npc assign quests for contrib. more on this later.

Warper NPC - gods finding that dungeon lv 4 or toh 3 would be so nice, even nicer if it cost 1mil to go there directly talk about a money sink that would sink.

Pawn shop (consignment auctions) - Items given to this guy go up for sale but you get only 90% of the worth of the item set by Admins of course. if Item does not sale in a week it is lost for store value as if sold.

Skill overhaul

The abandoned skills like Taming stand by everyone is asking for... fine make certian items effect diffrent monsters the success % is based on Skill%* (cha*.5) / % of monsters hit points left this would mean a tamer needs to have his cha in play to have any effect what so ever. (means new items one for each monster out there)

Pick Pocket skill: CHA x0.5 failure causes instant agro even if stealth from monsters. attempts on npc that fail land you in jail, attempts on players fail at anything below 100%, attempt on player causes a click now box to appear on victim if they click it you go to jail if they dont you gank a non equipped item. Can not Steal from someone in PC

Stealth dex x0.5 180 seconds of inaudible other players can see you but not hear you (couple this skill with invis for nasty effects and eks, non clairvoinant mobs cant see broken if you run/hit/fail to steal.

AOE healing spells - warning could heal mobs.

MONSTER OVERHAUL -

Take every monster out there give it 3 more pallets of colors now you have easly 75% more mobs to play with, aka blue slime, red slime, and gold slime. the diffrent pallets means more str hp dam and dex. Also take each base monster and make an elite named version of that mob that is unique in that it only appears after 1k of that mob have been killed on that map.... aka the Slime King a x10 slime which only shows up when the slimes on the map have been picked on way too much.

EXPERIANCE OVER HAUL -

Each map further from farm gets x1 multiplier this makes the mobs further out worth more, a cyclops in PL is only x2 exp but a cyclops in ML is worth X3, and same cyclops in d2/MLM is worth x4.... This encourages people to go further for better xp thus takes the focus out of the town pits which are only x2 exp.

WEAPON OverHaul -

Weapon speed currently has two speeds slow and full swing. bring weapon speed factors into play to balance the weapons out some those speed 1 daggers max out at 13 str and hit at same rate as a flam at 130 str.

but what if that dagger was x10 faster at 130 str? People would reach out for their favorite weapons more often and you would get away from the two weapon game. fist are speed 0 so think of what a 200 str plus angel plus ogre ring char can do with just fists.

The mobs will be harder with the alternate pallet mobs and the elite mobs. thus Make the weapon damage exponental aka a dagger is 1d4 which is (1-4) un modified but currently a dagger +1 is (2-5) unmodified, With exponental damage that same dagger +1 would be (1d4+1d4) or (2 though 8) unmodified now at +10 that dagger gets nasty (1d4+1d4+1d4+1d4+1d4+1d4+1d4+1d4+1d4+1d4+1d4) or (11 though 44) damage... that gets nasty when counting speed.

Spell Overhaul -

Before the poor one trick pony mages start flipping out about the whole weapon overhaul thing (yes there will be some who see that and ignore the whole rest of the post, take the whole thing into account not just one part or you miss out on a massive bit of overhaul) ADD the elemental skill set to the skill tree aka a mage uses the fire spells they gain not just magic % but fire % after their magic is at 100% think of it as specalizing but mind if you add elemental bonuses then you have to add elemental defences to balance out. Really would suck to be a bliz mage with 100% magic and 100% ice and meet that warrior who sacrificed a weapon for 100% ice resistance. but that same warrior would get owned by a fire mage. Now that santa suit/ mshield / icy neck dont seem so hot a combo when you have earth mages energy mages and fire mages running loose.

Again the exponetnal damage effects mages also but it would be based on the + of their staff, effecting the base damage of their spells.

Now for the big two

Map overhaul...

this would be in stages getting the map count for the overworld upto a 15 x 15 x 6 grid, yes that is 1350 overworld maps not counting unique zones like buildings and dungeons... when assembled it would make a cube and have plenty of room to grow more high level areas, extra towns, new factions, ect. More room for story, and god help the explorer people they would never get board. heck we even may have a marco polo who would want to find his way around the whole game world.

graphic overhaul...

ok as scat stated the the bigger idea here 3d is beyond our current abilitys but a good idea, why not go upto a 2.5d instead then engines are avalible (RO, PT, DR, Diablo ect.) it would be just a matter of redoing the guts to move the current game mechanics over to them this would be a step toward the 3d and would also cause one hell of a shake of the foundations of the free gamer community to take engine of one and mechnaics of another and fusion them correctly... think of being able to draw both Helbreath (great pvp engine) players and Ragnarok Online (great explorer engine hurting on pvp) players for a single server could easly hit number one on both lists.

Final overhaul... Quests

Hunt Quest - helbreath has

Location Quest - Helbreath Has

Scavanger hunt quest - Helbreath needs

Delivery quests - Helbreath needs

STORY ARC QUESTS - Big time helbreath needs, only one exists right now (well two in nemesis ) that is abbadon and the dragon land (unconfirmed if it is arc quested) (arc quest is a multi-staged quest that is designed around story line)

Well that is a quick and dirty lay out of what I would see as things to massiively overhaul HB. Some of the tweaks that were asked not to do are in here due to they are almost a nessary evil in getting some of the other things in correctly. (boosting the mobs without boosting the players would be an indirect nerfing and I hate Nerfing.

Khelben

*Slowly and steadly coming out of my Helbreath overload, and starting to come back slowly.*

It is about time, Alot of good ideas are coming out here.

As people Know I moved on because of lack of substance but I am seeing now Nemesis is getting back on the tracks.

Sexy/Scat/Farjat get your cut and paster and clean it off the forum buttons ready.

Interface changes:

new slash commands to assist players in game. (influanced from Research of successful tools from other games in the same Genre, Modified to fit and fix glaring holes in helbreath)

/Autoloot (1-100) - Players who makes kill or is in party that makes kill get the items direct dropped to bag the 1 - 100 is the % of times the item would drop off the monster say your rare hunting for the medusa in snakes a 1% drop rate this would make anything that dropped more offten be ignored for vultures to take. Autoloot would take in account party hunts and disribute the items though the party in a round robin drop system.

This type of auto-looting system stops the Drop theives dead cold, covers the spreading items out for food game. (though ultra rares can still be fooded for those who choose to do so) Also this makes for a strong reason to avoid death in an ek they get the drop

/friends /party /guild (maybe assigned to control keys)

New interface windows Using examples I have pulled out of other games (researching for Ideas that can be adapted and help Helbreath grow)

IPB Image

-The friends list would be limited info and could be set for either town due to it does not expose location

-the party list lets you control party options like each gets own gold/drops/xp or shared on those choices.

-the Guild window gives complete control of the guild to the Guildmasters

-the ability to see who are all in guild and to see how much xp they brought the guild. And see their location if -needed. great for planning guild hunts.

-Kick people out and why they were kicked (when not online a very much needed thing aka the diffrences in -disbanding the guild to dump a rotten apple or not)

-provide guild notices

-assign recuitiing ability and expel ability and if the person would have access to guild wh.

-rankings where the guild is, what other guilds they hunt most often who they have the most friends with. ect.

cntl-A : auto attack this is a broken feature currently in helbreath basicly allowing you to be hitting a mob until it is dead mind the auto attack would not take into account any fancy moves for eking like swerving behind a person and nailing them in the back or chasing a runner.

cntl-F : follow unless attacked great for a guild hunt to get a party to a far location also great for conga lines.

I wont go into Battle Mode which is like turning the whole letter part of the key board into hotkeys (talk about weapon changes, armor redawning, pot chugging, spell casting madness) unless the enter key is pressed first which will flip to text mode.

NPC OVERHAUL

Add Bob the bartender - the ek caller system place him inside a building like the off warehouse.. this way those who want to see an EK caller system can those that dont, dont.

His Holyness the priest in the church - Your top ten rankings on eks and villians, and expriance get that stuff off the website less the game interfaces directly with website the more secure it is.

Have each npc assign quests for contrib. more on this later.

Warper NPC - gods finding that dungeon lv 4 or toh 3 would be so nice, even nicer if it cost 1mil to go there directly talk about a money sink that would sink.

Pawn shop (consignment auctions) - Items given to this guy go up for sale but you get only 90% of the worth of the item set by Admins of course. if Item does not sale in a week it is lost for store value as if sold.

Skill overhaul

The abandoned skills like Taming stand by everyone is asking for... fine make certian items effect diffrent monsters the success % is based on Skill%* (cha*.5) / % of monsters hit points left this would mean a tamer needs to have his cha in play to have any effect what so ever. (means new items one for each monster out there)

Pick Pocket skill: CHA x0.5 failure causes instant agro even if stealth from monsters. attempts on npc that fail land you in jail, attempts on players fail at anything below 100%, attempt on player causes a click now box to appear on victim if they click it you go to jail if they dont you gank a non equipped item. Can not Steal from someone in PC

Stealth dex x0.5 180 seconds of inaudible other players can see you but not hear you (couple this skill with invis for nasty effects and eks, non clairvoinant mobs cant see broken if you run/hit/fail to steal.

AOE healing spells - warning could heal mobs.

MONSTER OVERHAUL -

Take every monster out there give it 3 more pallets of colors now you have easly 75% more mobs to play with, aka blue slime, red slime, and gold slime. the diffrent pallets means more str hp dam and dex. Also take each base monster and make an elite named version of that mob that is unique in that it only appears after 1k of that mob have been killed on that map.... aka the Slime King a x10 slime which only shows up when the slimes on the map have been picked on way too much.

EXPERIANCE OVER HAUL -

Each map further from farm gets x1 multiplier this makes the mobs further out worth more, a cyclops in PL is only x2 exp but a cyclops in ML is worth X3, and same cyclops in d2/MLM is worth x4.... This encourages people to go further for better xp thus takes the focus out of the town pits which are only x2 exp.

WEAPON OverHaul -

Weapon speed currently has two speeds slow and full swing. bring weapon speed factors into play to balance the weapons out some those speed 1 daggers max out at 13 str and hit at same rate as a flam at 130 str.

but what if that dagger was x10 faster at 130 str? People would reach out for their favorite weapons more often and you would get away from the two weapon game. fist are speed 0 so think of what a 200 str plus angel plus ogre ring char can do with just fists.

The mobs will be harder with the alternate pallet mobs and the elite mobs. thus Make the weapon damage exponental aka a dagger is 1d4 which is (1-4) un modified but currently a dagger +1 is (2-5) unmodified, With exponental damage that same dagger +1 would be (1d4+1d4) or (2 though 8) unmodified now at +10 that dagger gets nasty (1d4+1d4+1d4+1d4+1d4+1d4+1d4+1d4+1d4+1d4+1d4) or (11 though 44) damage... that gets nasty when counting speed.

Spell Overhaul -

Before the poor one trick pony mages start flipping out about the whole weapon overhaul thing (yes there will be some who see that and ignore the whole rest of the post, take the whole thing into account not just one part or you miss out on a massive bit of overhaul) ADD the elemental skill set to the skill tree aka a mage uses the fire spells they gain not just magic % but fire % after their magic is at 100% think of it as specalizing but mind if you add elemental bonuses then you have to add elemental defences to balance out. Really would suck to be a bliz mage with 100% magic and 100% ice and meet that warrior who sacrificed a weapon for 100% ice resistance. but that same warrior would get owned by a fire mage. Now that santa suit/ mshield / icy neck dont seem so hot a combo when you have earth mages energy mages and fire mages running loose.

Again the exponetnal damage effects mages also but it would be based on the + of their staff, effecting the base damage of their spells.

Now for the big two

Map overhaul...

this would be in stages getting the map count for the overworld upto a 15 x 15 x 6 grid, yes that is 1350 overworld maps not counting unique zones like buildings and dungeons... when assembled it would make a cube and have plenty of room to grow more high level areas, extra towns, new factions, ect. More room for story, and god help the explorer people they would never get board. heck we even may have a marco polo who would want to find his way around the whole game world.

graphic overhaul...

ok as scat stated the the bigger idea here 3d is beyond our current abilitys but a good idea, why not go upto a 2.5d instead then engines are avalible (RO, PT, DR, Diablo ect.) it would be just a matter of redoing the guts to move the current game mechanics over to them this would be a step toward the 3d and would also cause one hell of a shake of the foundations of the free gamer community to take engine of one and mechnaics of another and fusion them correctly... think of being able to draw both Helbreath (great pvp engine) players and Ragnarok Online (great explorer engine hurting on pvp) players for a single server could easly hit number one on both lists.

Final overhaul... Quests

Hunt Quest - helbreath has

Location Quest - Helbreath Has

Scavanger hunt quest - Helbreath needs

Delivery quests - Helbreath needs

STORY ARC QUESTS - Big time helbreath needs, only one exists right now (well two in nemesis ) that is abbadon and the dragon land (unconfirmed if it is arc quested) (arc quest is a multi-staged quest that is designed around story line)

Well that is a quick and dirty lay out of what I would see as things to massiively overhaul HB. Some of the tweaks that were asked not to do are in here due to they are almost a nessary evil in getting some of the other things in correctly. (boosting the mobs without boosting the players would be an indirect nerfing and I hate Nerfing.

Khelben

*Slowly and steadly coming out of my Helbreath overload, and starting to come back slowly.*

In Summary:

Make THE SAME GAME Better, not different and just more fruit, better.

This one have my vote as the Best Original Idea.

welcome back khelben nice to see you again your 2.5d idea qualifys for the event as does the map overhall idea the 2 ideas are outside our capabilitys right now need something a little smaller your other ideas are great but dont qualify as they are small changes take a look at the other ideas that qualifyed for examples i think you can win this event khelben :)

khelben can make a better idea with out fruit that is major i know it...

ps. i hope you like dragonia

Thank you for the Kind words,

I posted only because I can, And here the bar is set. I personaly care less about the stones and more about the upgrade possibility.

Come on Folks BEAT ME, I will defer the prize to the second place winner or preferly someone who Tops ME!!!!

Ok smaller idea that would fit into the game and fix a thing or three also help with issues with changing and adding maps around.

Long ago in Helbreath there was a way for people to get back and forth to the other town if they were below lv 100 it was the noob dungeon, Both exists of the noob Dungeon were just out side of the BX.

This lead to some players finding interesting builds to make what is called a BX RAIDER, a char built around getting their EKs easy but it was no where near easy for those who did it.

I was of the mind since the BX goes underground that at the furthest point in the bx combine elvine and aresden bx.

instead of lay out like this

IPB Image

use a combined like this.

now the top level of the bx would still be a forbidden zone for enemy players this is to ensure newbies do have one room of the bx to play in. but the other six maps would see alot more use as bx raiders start running rampart Not to mention making this a war zone with a lv limit of 100 would give players options on if they want to ek in pl or in noob dungeon or in bx.

This returns something that was lost long ago and also moves ek away from the core buildings some also gives use to maps which are for all intents only being used by macro masters at this time. And make promise land a little easier to hunt in for players looking to hunt monsters (the hard core ekers now taking it to BX raiding)

Lorraine I can see how this can be done easy by adding a door to the bx 1.1 maps and reagranging the maps just a little. No real new maps just a slight reconfigure but in the long run it is easy to do, would give a template for how to adjust other maps.

That is a smaller easy change that opens doors to other changes and Looking at the player base this would be a boon instead of a bane.