Sign in to follow this  
Guest saken

Mages

Guest saken

I have been here a couple of days and it seems that mages are superior to warriors... by far. Mages seem like the only ones getting eks, and the easiest characters to evade death on. Not a day goes by where I am fighting a mage 1v1 where he will just sit there and let me hit him for a good 25 seconds. For example, myself and Guerette were attacking King, I timed him and when his amp went he got paralyzed. We both had 17 crits, Guerette using BBH, myself using DK+8. 34 crits into him and he walked away laughing. Yes this is not a 1v1 game, however it is not solely group PvP. In group PvP it is always the mages getting the kills due to 15 second para. Warriors also have some difficulty killing lower level knight armor characters. No I am not asking for easy kills, but if I para a lower level warrior 4 times pumping about 22 crits into him I generally expect an ek.

Here is what I propose:

- Raise para time to 30 seconds. This allows wars a fighting chance for eks in group PvP and solo PvP. Why is this a good idea? Paralyze is a 1x1 spell, it generally takes some skill to land a para and keep a person in it. The individual paralyzed can always cast magic on themself to get out or simply fire wall, also the individual paralyzed can constant invis, pretty hard to stop if your solo. However paralyze can be completely avoided by simply casting firewall then running into the fire wall and casting. In group PvP this will actually allow warriors to get eks instead of mages getting damn near every single one.

- Lower all DK armor PA/defense. From personal experience, both DK sword+8 and Sharp Giant Sword +1 can not put forth enough damage to kill anybody if they dont want you to. Individuals can simply run around avoiding para until they are safe. Even in group fights, zerked with SGIS+1 I cannot produce nearly enough damage to kill someone before a mage fires and gets the kill. Lowering the DK PA/def also effects both classes and makes it so there is not such a big gap between max and non max.

-And on a completely different note please make it so you cannot recall within 10 seconds of damage and raise civilian level to 140.

Please consider these ideas and if any feedback please put it. If you disagree please do not simply put no, say why.

Concerning Group PVPs and higher paralyze time, that will do nothing to stop the mages from blizzing before para runs out. I can judge when a person is low on hp with several wars critting (when I'm paying attention), and higher paralyze time won't do anything to stop that.

I disagree with raising the paralyze time, because doing that will do more than make it easier to kill lvl 180's, it will make every low level mage and low level warrior a free ek to any 180 with crits.

Suggestions I have to change that?

Lower blizz damage A LITTLE, and see how that works out.

Raise damage of the non-Hammer weapons A LITTLE.

Lower defense of DK sets A LITTLE.

Get my drift?

As for not letting people recall for 10 seconds after taking damage, here's another topic discussing that:

http://helbreathnemesis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18323

i completly agree with wuta, DK sould be lowered for DAMN SURE. i dont know how you guys let the pa/def of dk get so lame but its way to high and i cant beleive this is only coming up now.

as far as para goes i think you need to realize its how it is and its working just fine. infact ive never heard a single compain about para time from anyone ingame, aside from you.

Guest saken

do you know my ingame? Yes mages will still fire, but right now they generally wait more towards the end of the para. If longer para warriors will have more damage time to try and get the kill. Para must be 25-30 seconds, for PvP and PvM.

I have been here a couple of days and it seems that mages are superior to warriors... by far. Mages seem like the only ones getting eks, and the easiest characters to evade death on. Not a day goes by where I am fighting a mage 1v1 where he will just sit there and let me hit him for a good 25 seconds. For example, myself and Guerette were attacking King, I timed him and when his amp went he got paralyzed. We both had 17 crits, Guerette using BBH, myself using DK+8. 34 crits into him and he walked away laughing. Yes this is not a 1v1 game, however it is not solely group PvP. In group PvP it is always the mages getting the kills due to 15 second para. Warriors also have some difficulty killing lower level knight armor characters. No I am not asking for easy kills, but if I para a lower level warrior 4 times pumping about 22 crits into him I generally expect an ek.

Here is what I propose:

- Raise para time to 30 seconds. This allows wars a fighting chance for eks in group PvP and solo PvP. Why is this a good idea? Paralyze is a 1x1 spell, it generally takes some skill to land a para and keep a person in it. The individual paralyzed can always cast magic on themself to get out or simply fire wall, also the individual paralyzed can constant invis, pretty hard to stop if your solo. However paralyze can be completely avoided by simply casting firewall then running into the fire wall and casting. In group PvP this will actually allow warriors to get eks instead of mages getting damn near every single one.

- Lower all DK armor PA/defense. From personal experience, both DK sword+8 and Sharp Giant Sword +1 can not put forth enough damage to kill anybody if they dont want you to. Individuals can simply run around avoiding para until they are safe. Even in group fights, zerked with SGIS+1 I cannot produce nearly enough damage to kill someone before a mage fires and gets the kill. Lowering the DK PA/def also effects both classes and makes it so there is not such a big gap between max and non max.

-And on a completely different note please make it so you cannot recall within 10 seconds of damage and raise civilian level to 140.

Please consider these ideas and if any feedback please put it. If you disagree please do not simply put no, say why.

I will explain u a few things:

- First of all, I carry 25 hp pots. Thats why I survive a paralise of 2 wars. Not because I absorb the damage, but because Imanaged to quickly recover my hp. Actually, when my para broke y was at like 80hp. Not to mention, I am a vit mage, with high hp recovery. And by the time I was lized, my hp was full, so your 36 crits did kill 750 of my hp, the problem is I kept chuging and mainting myself alive.

- Second, what kept me alive was the mshield. The towershield is useless, and dk doesn't absorb the damage of weapons. Its the mshield which gives pa30.

- Third, the dk+8 sword is useless, because its damage was lowered during nem1 and was never set back to its original form (dk sword should have higher damage).

- Fourth, don't complain, a war with MA set can survive like 10 or 15 mages shooting at him, ...so its actually balance a mage with mshield can survive 2 wars.

I understand you are mad, though you are right mage has some advantage, it is not what you posted a real solution to it. The problem is not dk set. The problem is the server always focused on using bbh, and nerfed dk sword, when it should be dksword the weapon who pawns, and not a bs item.

yea thats the only reason i dont put in nearly as many hours anymore as i used to.....got 180 than dk10 than angel only to realize how shitty dk sword is. time spent elcewhere

My solution to help balance. Reduce M.shields pa rate OR wipe them completely and make them a hard drop toget. Secondly, Dk sword should not hit that hard as it only requires 130 str There for every warrior will have mass vit. So for my second solution make 3 typs of dk sword, 104 str 156 str 200 str. Different dices And then you would still be able to identify the different builds.

Guest saken

I agree with Toilet, warriors are generally limited to 2 builds, 200 str or 130 str, not alot of diversity. I would still like to see 30 second and lower PA/def

MA sets are alot more rare than MP sets here. Not to mention one full bar of mana is enough to kill a warrior twice, whereas 18 crits can maybe kill a non shielded mage if he stands still.

I agree with Toilet, warriors are generally limited to 2 builds, 200 str or 130 str, not alot of diversity. I would still like to see 30 second and lower PA/def

MA sets are alot more rare than MP sets here. Not to mention one full bar of mana is enough to kill a warrior twice, whereas 18 crits can maybe kill a non shielded mage if he stands still.

Yea a full bar is good to kill a none pfmed war standing still. Now having a war not to pfm, and then, not moving around is not something that easy.

Guest saken

Alot easier to pfa a warrior and simply spam away then consistently keep solid damage on a mage then finish.

Alot easier to pfa a warrior and simply spam away then consistently keep solid damage on a mage then finish.

Dude...an ma shield...run around in circles...dodge blizz.....bam, mana wasted...There is also pfm, amp, mr, ma, hp and lots of items that can help u resist a blizzard. On the other hand, for mage u only have PA , shield and Dr, in which dr sucks *censored*, and pa is stripped so easily by a war.

And yea u need to use more than 1 lize to kill a mage.

Guest saken

not replying to you your repeating the same thing, i understand wut ur saying but its not valid. ur so bias cuz ur a mage.

not replying to you your repeating the same thing, i understand wut ur saying but its not valid. ur so bias cuz ur a mage.

lol

Ur making this topic only cause u got killed. Get over it plz. Many wars manage to kill mages. Its not that hard. if they do it, why not u?

And here is proof of why this topics are useless.

Wars want:

- For dk armor to have no def or pa

- For mshield not to exist

- For lize to last 30 seconds

- For bbh to hit a lot

- For blizz to hit much less

If u dislike so many things about hb, why the hell do u play it then?

Guest saken

I didnt get killed and this topic was a product of that... couldnt be further from the truth. DK armor didnt used to exist in hb, wasnt a part of HB then. Mshield I feel is fine if other action is taken. Para used to be 45 seconds, they should of NEVER changed it, BBH is 200 str it should hit alot, noone ever said blizz to hit much less. your arguements are completely null.

and blizz is 195 int and to hit well also need 200 mag while u dont need anything else but dmg items to hit better with ur bbh

this 200 str argument is weak

a 45 sec para for 1 smart war means any non-dex mage or sum mage with 15 pots less who doenst have pa/dr items die in 1 para while u need several hold persons to kill a war

I didnt get killed and this topic was a product of that... couldnt be further from the truth. DK armor didnt used to exist in hb, wasnt a part of HB then. Mshield I feel is fine if other action is taken. Para used to be 45 seconds, they should of NEVER changed it, BBH is 200 str it should hit alot, noone ever said blizz to hit much less. your arguements are completely null.

Yea u did....u whisped me for half an hour cursing me that bla bla bla u died cause of unbalance and stuff.

Guest saken

I pm'd you for 2 minutes saying grats you can kill me cause mages r rigged, dont turn my thread into a flame war. ive seen your argument, personally I dont find it valid but thats me.

well i do agree mage vs war is very unbalanced, since most mages have dragon wand because of the exp.

With dragon wand, blizz damage is ridiculous, a warrior cannot even come close to the same amount of damage considering barely ANY damage rings drop on this server. Also, they get more mana save with that wand. Its so easy for a few mages to stun a warrior with blizz and keep hitting him until he dies.

lol as far as as 1v1 goes

yes war vs mage is rigged and mage has advantage

honestly if a mage has better fps there is no reason why he should die to a warrior

youre all lucky i sound so intllegisnt right now considering im fckin inebriated

i honestly dont give a shit about changing anything anymore

ill play and kill everyone either wayy! k thx bai

EK+1 Zem+1 peace

bitchesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

lol as far as as 1v1 goes

yes war vs mage is rigged and mage has advantage

honestly if a mage has better fps there is no reason why he should die to a warrior

youre all lucky i sound so intllegisnt right now considering im fckin inebriated

i honestly dont give a shit about changing anything anymore

ill play and kill everyone either wayy! k thx bai

EK+1 Zem+1 peace

bitchesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

hejeje u funi eze

Play hb and r0x iz mi opinion

I think mage are underpowered

Need to increase dk endurance and make spell more damage

If you mean every spell BUT Blizzard, I agree on that part.

DK Endurance is fine.