Sign in to follow this  
Monkey

Old Skool Hb

I have a couple of idea's for ingame pvp exitement.

1 - Recall:

Spell has 10 sec damage delay. This makes ingame PvP really exiting, and forces ppl to actually fight or atleast run away to either safe or other map.

2 - Zemstone of Sacrifice:

Buyable for like 10 million gold. Example: You can buy a ball for 1 milion gold, and you need 10 balls for a Zemstone of Sacrife. This will increase the amount of PvPing and decreases the amount of runners/pullers, cause poeple just don't want to lose their items/zems.

3 - Ettin Pit:

A pit in "Death Valley" and "Silent Wood",

These pits would be in the middle of these maps, and they will have a large radius (Example: 100x, 100y), with like 6/12 ettins. So that there are always ettins to hunt. Cause the game needs more special Battle Hammers, Xelima Necklace's and more of these items.

4 - Spells / Weapons:

Old Style Helbreath needs to come back, so this would needs some items and spells to be deleted or changed.

- Remove and make Blizzard into a rare spell drop.

- Remove and make Barbarian Battle Hammer into a rare drop.

- Remove Absolute Magic Protection completely from the game.

- Increase the damage and recruirements of Mass Ice Strike to match the damage of Mass Magic Missle/Meteor Strike.

These changes seem strange, but it is really recruired to balance the 1 vs 1 PvP. A duel between a 180 DK Mage and a Warrior is 70/30. Warriors are really dependent on their equipment/items.

Keep in mind these are just some idea's. Don't burn me down to the ground immedietly. And if my grammar or spelling sucks, tough luck.

I think your a monkey :b

Anyways back to the subject..

1 I totally agree with you.. I think there should be some sort of damage delay on recall.. It's annoying when someone paras one war exs. Then he can recall cause of the ARG delay.. :P.

2: Acutally i dont understand that?

3: Ettin pit would be a cool thing.. The problem would just be the drop rate on it.. There has already been a lot of amazing drops on it, and some of them is pretty surprised..

You can't set somesort of point to say: Now there is enough BH's, x necks or anything like that, and then remove the pit again.. It shall be balanced..

4: Hmmmm? I dont know if i like this idee? Maybe???

1 - Recall:

Spell has 10 sec damage delay. This makes ingame PvP really exiting, and forces ppl to actually fight or atleast run away to either safe or other map.

Buyable for like 10 million gold. Example: You can buy a ball for 1 milion gold, and you need 10 balls for a Zemstone of Sacrife. This will increase the amount of PvPing and decreases the amount of runners/pullers, cause poeple just don't want to lose their items/zems.

3 - Ettin Pit:

These pits would be in the middle of these maps, and they will have a large radius (Example: 100x, 100y), with like 6/12 ettins. So that there are always ettins to hunt. Cause the game needs more special Battle Hammers, Xelima Necklace's and more of these items.

4 - Spells / Weapons:

Old Style Helbreath needs to come back, so this would needs some items and spells to be deleted or changed.

- Increase the damage and recruirements of Mass Ice Strike to match the damage of Mass Magic Missle/Meteor Strike.

These changes seem strange, but it is really recruired to balance the 1 vs 1 PvP. A duel between a 180 DK Mage and a Warrior is 70/30. Warriors are really dependent on their equipment/items.

Keep in mind these are just some idea's. Don't burn me down to the ground immedietly. And if my grammar or spelling sucks, tough luck.

agree with 1st

Except 2nd suggestion i like other ones, altho make "amp" rare spell drop too, like Blizz or BBH.

1+3 = NICE

Even 5s cooldown would do miracles. Silent woods and Death Valley used to be places where there is TONS of monster for hunting. Just like Ettins, mountain giants, wws and ogres etc.

Now those are just cheap garden copies with less monsters.

Other suggestions, no thanks.

I like #1, but there's too many other factors to put it in, IMO.

#2 Isn't bad, I like the idea.

I disagree with #3. There's already been some nice drops from Ettins without pits, and if you add pits the number of those rares will skyrocket. If they're going to put Ettin pits back in the game, at least do it somewhere that can be raided 24/7. Otherwise it's gonna be waaay too easy to get those rares. :sleep:

I have to completely disagree with #4. Without Blizzard, I doubt we'd be seeing ANY mage be able to stand a chance against a 180 war 1v1. The other spells just don't do enough damage. BBH is fine IMO, (except for the strip rate on it), just learn2shieldcast and find some PA if you're worried about it doing a lot of damage to mages. Remove AMP? No, just no. How do you expect anyone to hunt Ice Wyverns without AMP? Unless they all have IE necks or something. Warriors ARE dependent on their items, yes, but it's not like it's extremely hard to find an mr21 set, emmy ring, and a little bit of MA armor. Besides, any 2 decent wars with good fps can down a mage pretty easily, if they know what they're doing.

1 - Recall:

3 - Ettin Pit:

4 - Spells / Weapons:

1- This has been discussed, with its pro and cons, altough I m in favor, its not really a good idea.

2- lol.....NO

3- I'm not in favor of custom pits, but if one is to be added, I agree with wuta, make it in a neutral place (like ml).

4- lol....NO

i would have to say id like to see more people using different weapons other than blizz and bbh thats for DAAAMN sure. i remember back when hb started it was all about lightning strike and you mowed with it. but now everymage has 195 int war has 200str. i think it would be hard but if somehow balance all items with advantages and dissadvantages. even if u somehow made like battleaxe or something with a chance to hit a critical or something?? i like your ideas for recall. but the rest i dissagree with, although something sould be done to give players options of using other spells/weapons and not have such a DISSADVANTAGE

i would have to say id like to see more people using different weapons other than blizz and bbh thats for DAAAMN sure. i remember back when hb started it was all about lightning strike and you mowed with it. but now everymage has 195 int war has 200str. i think it would be hard but if somehow balance all items with advantages and dissadvantages. even if u somehow made like battleaxe or something with a chance to hit a critical or something?? i like your ideas for recall. but the rest i dissagree with, although something sould be done to give players options of using other spells/weapons and not have such a DISSADVANTAGE

The reason there's so many 200 str wars is because it's a simple build that can get quick EKs. There's other weapons that can do some pretty nice damage, but all people look at is the high strip rate and high damage of BBH's. If they lowered the strip rate on it, maybe people would try out some other builds, other than just BBH's BBH's and more BBH's.

As for mages, they would probably have to raise the damage of the other spells if you wanna see anything other than a 195 int mage. Blizzard is by far THE best damage spell (excluding ESW, a rare drop), and the other spells don't even come close in terms of damage and incapacitation (freezing) that Blizzard has.

It's not neccassry to do a big pit in sw/dv, but just add there those big monsters, wws,ettins,mgs and ogres to random spawn. Those used to contain those monsters enough for hunting even with guild.

Now it's just a cheap copy of garden: same monsters, less spawned.

It's not neccassry to do a big pit in sw/dv, but just add there those big monsters, wws,ettins,mgs and ogres to random spawn. Those used to contain those monsters enough for hunting even with guild.

true, last time I went dv I saw no ww at all.....1 ettin....and 2 ogres...

ettin shouldn't be common in dv or sw, but there should be at least more than 1...yet not in the amount of making a "pit".

true, last time I went dv I saw no ww at all.....1 ettin....and 2 ogres...

ettin shouldn't be common in dv or sw, but there should be at least more than 1...yet not in the amount of making a "pit".

The problem is that nobody train at DV/SW, they go there and kill the Ettins/ogres

you need to kill others stuff too to allow a random spawn wich could be an Ettin.

As far as i know, no Ettin pit will be added. But if one have to be added it must be on ML, not at huntzone maps. ML/IB/dungeon is empty enought on no-raid days because players train (hide? :P ) at elv/ares Gardens, the Ettin pit at SW/DV + the posibility of future private pits + BF hunts= will kill the pvp (playerS vs playerS) on no raid days making the server boring with not big fights at ML/IB/Etc.

btw, i vote no to 1), 2), 3) & 4), i respect your opinions but those idea will make players (new ones) to quit.

' date='May 17 2008, 11:30 AM' post='216506']

Did he say ban blizz?

woo hoo!! This man is a genius!!! I'm with him...BAN BLIZZ PLIX

HAHAHAHHA :)

Monkey you are crazy XD!!! NO reCALL FOR 10 sec WAAA!!! is my 1sth skill!

They all sound like a great thing to try. but at the end of the day.. I would quit ..... and move to a better server, nemesis =)

btw i would like recall to be 10 sec delay... but at same time i wouldn't (sooo.. no)

I also think that Mages with dkarmors are too hard to kill.... because if i 1v1 them.. they complain if i use pfm.... so i dont .. then they para me and blizz.... and what do i do??? crit for 20?!?!?!?!!?!? i think is sorta lame