Sign in to follow this  
Promote

@ Bsw

I feel that the creators of the game neglected BSW somehow, for such a spell being rare it's very underpowered. I think that to make the server interesting it should be buffed for if anyone is to ever get the spell. I've always favored bmages, don't ask me why. BSW is any bmage's dream and it's damage is quite unimpressing. HOWEVER, I feel it should be looked in to changing. I think the damage should be changed to the dice damage of blizz. And here's why:

1) It only hits 3 times. This means, obviously, it will 75% of blizz's damage WHEN AIMED IN A DIRECT SHOT.

2) This spell as you know, does not penetrate through pfm.

3) This spell does not freeze, drain stamina, or have any special secondary effect.

4) It's a rare drop, and just as esw does more damage than blizz AND drains MASS amount of stamina, I think a lower int spell should at least be powerful if it's even close to as rare.

I'll let others discuss this but I don't see a problem personally with making a rare worthwhile to obtain. So a recap, the improved BSW with my changes will do roughly 300 (if that, on a good hit, with 200 mag) with 0 ma, and obviously do 0 damage to someone who is PFM'd.

Thanks for reading

Technique

You have a BSW scroll, don't you ;)

No but really, I think the damage should be increased. Something like 250 dmg would be nice I think.

You have a BSW scroll, don't you ;)

No but really, I think the damage should be increased. Something like 250 dmg would be nice I think.

I wish to get it eventually, but i dont want to hunt my butt off or trade very naiz itenz for it for it to be its normal 120~ dmg :P.

However I would kill someone IRL for it. SO if you have a scroll and want someone dead let me know.

the spell was made when the server was only 120 max lvl, and it was a bad ars spell then.

what happend was the max lvl went up to 180 and they added spells like, MM, MS and Blizz all

spells you can buy and own BSW, i kinda miss the days of a 120 max lvl. server lightning strike

mages owned, es mages had some pretty good power, and very few wars were willing to give up

the points to get pfm much less zerk.

i would like to see BSW get dmg comp. to blizz.

i say let it hit 3 times, increase the dmg. hit for hit to that of blizz. (ie i blizz hit = 1 BSW hit)

and allow the player spell not the monster spell go 50% through pfm and non at all for amp.

it would be nice seeing some one w/ a ie neck fight a BSW mage alone.

Leave bsw as it is.

Its hits good for low mana (compared to blizz). If u increase its damage to be similar to blizz, u ll end up having an overpowered spell.

its a spell that needs less int than lighting strike, why do u think it is supposed to suck?

PS: stop crying for more changes plz...

Leave bsw as it is.

Its hits good for low mana (compared to blizz). If u increase its damage to be similar to blizz, u ll end up having an overpowered spell.

its a spell that needs less int than lighting strike, why do u think it is supposed to suck?

Says the mage.

It's a rare spell, it deserves to do decent damage because of the reasons i listed before.

I think it should do a litle more dmg but not a huge increase.

It would be nice if it would be a affective pl raider spell.

As of now its a rare pointles spell, with no dmg, and no value in my mind, except 2 show off that u have a rare spell.

Leave bsw as it is.

Says the mage.

It's a rare spell, it deserves to do decent damage because of the reasons i listed before.

Darkexecutor, blood sword, mass fire strike, blood axe, etc, are all rares weapons and spells...and guess what...they suck too :sleep: . Those items where made for a lower level server, its obvious right now in a 180 server will suck.

For the reasons u listed, almost all rares should be buffed....

Leave bsw as it is.

Says the mage.

Darkexecutor, blood sword, mass fire strike, blood axe, etc, are all rares weapons and spells...and guess what...they suck too :sleep: . Those items where made for a lower level server, its obvious right now in a 180 server will suck.

With a decent build around something like a Blood Sword, it can be a decent weapon.

With a decent build around BSW right now, its still useless.

Why should these rare weapons be nerf just because they were made during a lower level server? Doesn't that mean they should be brought up to par with how the server is now?

Leave bsw as it is.

Says the mage.

With a decent build around something like a Blood Sword, it can be a decent weapon.

Why should these rare weapons be nerf just because they were made during a lower level server? Doesn't that mean they should be brought up to par with how the server is now?

Bloodsword sucks no matter the build....

And its not about nerfing or buffing, its about leaving them alone. They were made a certain way, for a reason.

If u wana buff them, then do so for most rares not just 1 (I'm still against this, but would be fair).

I've seen plenty of decent blood sword builds in level 180 servers, without the sword being touched server side.

And they are rares, theres a reason they are rare. Why should they suck, if you just plain never get them. Because they were made during a lower max level time? Thats not a good reason. Things should be buffed up to meet what the server is, not left as crap along the way.

I've seen plenty of decent blood sword builds in level 180 servers, without the sword being touched server side.

And they are rares, theres a reason they are rare. Why should they suck, if you just plain never get them. Because they were made during a lower max level time? Thats not a good reason. Things should be buffed up to meet what the server is, not left as crap along the way.

No dude, they were made for a "certain" level. A lvl 90 mage vs a lvl 90 warrior, using bsw would rock. Now on a pl raider the spell is useful. But don't intend for it to be an awsome spell vs a lvl 180.

U don't see many people killing with energy strike or lighting strike do u? they all use blizz, or in a second casemteor or ews (because of sp drain). Why? because they are spells ment for higher lvls...

Besides they are asking for a BIG change in its damage, for it tomake twice the damage it is supposed to be. Its basikly asking forit to hit like blizzard, but for much less mana. That itself prooves its not a good idea.

I'm deeply sorry if u got a rare item, and it turns to suck, but that happens all the time. Hey I got an ancient dagger hp91, but never the less, its useless..

But you're also not factoring in the rarity of these items.

And think about this; who gets the rare items, the low levels or those that max and then go out and hunt the large monsters. Yeah, most of the high levels have a PL raider or so, but really, any weapons they use on their main characters they can throw onto their PL raiders (just judging by the stats of most raiders I've seen) already, so any weapons they get, are just as useless.

the case of BSW, yeah, its probably good for a PL raider, but still, with a level 140 PL, you can fit a decently built blizzmage in under the cap, so that nerfs it for a regular mage. Its a battle-mage spell. you try make a decent battle mage @ lvl 140 to fight in PL, if I get BSW, I'll give it to you. Your character will be completely bunk.

But you're also not factoring in the rarity of these items.

And think about this; who gets the rare items, the low levels or those that max and then go out and hunt the large monsters. Yeah, most of the high levels have a PL raider or so, but really, any weapons they use on their main characters they can throw onto their PL raiders (just judging by the stats of most raiders I've seen) already, so any weapons they get, are just as useless.

the case of BSW, yeah, its probably good for a PL raider, but still, with a level 140 PL, you can fit a decently built blizzmage in under the cap, so that nerfs it for a regular mage. Its a battle-mage spell. you try make a decent battle mage @ lvl 140 to fight in PL, if I get BSW, I'll give it to you. Your character will be completely bunk.

The max level get the items, because its the max lvls that are hunting. On this server, most low lvls don't leave scorps until lvl 120.

I understand that they are rare items, but they are ment for a certain level, and altough u can use them at 180, by that level u will have acces to much more better spells.

Bsw is pretty awsome if u know how to use it, since it hits far more than lighting strike does, very viable in a pvp 1vs1, because of its low mana compared to its damage.

Now the problem is that by upping that spell, ur also getting a free card for training. ur asking for it to make a damage similar to blizzard. But the spell requires much less inteligence, and also uses much lessmana. Meaning that u could go out training and save lots and lots of mana with it (not everything in thr world is pvp).

I'm sry, but in my opinion, making the spell better is already a mistake, because the spell is good, and has its use in a lot of situations, but also asking for such a big change is quite outrageous.

PS: If I were u, I would ask GM's if they could make u unlearn the spell, and give u the manual, cause the spell itself on a bmage, and furthermore, on a 180 char, will be useless unless u know how to really use it. Either that, or just learn the way around the spell.

Leave bsw as it is.

Says the mage.

Nah, not true. Blood sword flat suck.-

abt BSW: if u where right, and based on the factors ur listing, they should chage the dmg on mass fire strike, blood sword, blood rapier, blood axe, demon slayer, lightning blade, dark executor and many more....