Sign in to follow this  
Dilr0y

Co-gms For Guilds.

/addcogm NameHere

One of the most necessary commands that should be on EVERY server. We all know that it sucks being on during a crusade when your GM isn't on, but your co-GM/co-leader (who doesn't have access to the GM) is on.

So make it so GMs can add a co-GM or two if they want. It was on another server and it worked well.

/addcogm NameHere

One of the most necessary commands that should be on EVERY server. We all know that it sucks being on during a crusade when your GM isn't on, but your co-GM/co-leader (who doesn't have access to the GM) is on.

So make it so GMs can add a co-GM or two if they want. It was on another server and it worked well.

This option would be cool, tho I have access on MilkCow but its extremely annoying to switch between gm and ur own char.

/addcogm NameHere

This option would be cool, tho I have access on MilkCow but its extremely annoying to switch between gm and ur own char.

Agreed, coGM status would be nice

So I've been doing some thinking, and I've got some ideas.

Since there always seem to be times when a Guildmaster can't make a crusade for one reason or another, what if we had a special command to create a Guild Captain?

What would a captain be able to do? Well, a captain would be able to take over for a Guildmaster in the event of a crusade, by setting the TPs. If possible, the Captain would NOT be able to accumulate recall points, because if both the Captain and Guildmaster were on at the same time, they would probably get double points. Also, the Captain would be able to switch between either Soldier, Captain, and builder, or just Soldier and Captain. That, or the Captain position would have the same damage rate as Soldier, meaning as long as the Captain was a member of that guild, that would be the only job they could take in a crusade.

The way to make a Captain would be to go to the Guild Hall, and purchase a crystal or some other item used with the command to create a Captain. It would be a unique item for each guild, to avoid bugs, meaning the Guildmaster would have to take care of it or just not buy it until they wanted to create the captain. The item would be, for example, "';..;' Rawr Captain [Crystal]", meaning only the GM of ';..;' Rawr could buy it and use it. As for a command, /createcaptain [Name] would work as long as the designated person was online, and the Guildmaster had the crystal of their guild in his bag. The Guildmaster would only be able to buy one crystal, so if they lost it they would have to ask a GM for assistance in getting a new one.

As for Co-Guildmasters, they would have the power to let people in the guild and ban them, but not be able to ban Captains or the Guildmaster himself. They would also not have the power to disband the guild. The way to create a Co-Guildmaster falls under the same principle as making a Captain, with the command being /createmaster [Name], but the Co-Guildmaster would need to have 20 Charisma to become one.

The Guildmaster alone will be able to ban the Captains and Co-Guildmasters from their guild, but they will not be able to get another Crystal without totally re-making their guild or asking a GM for assistance, so they will still need to be careful about who they choose.

Why am I suggesting this and not just suggesting letting people have access to the main Guildmaster character? Because a lot of people seem to have been having problems with getting their accounts stolen lately, and without (or even with) the password changer working, it can be a real problem. Once they know your account and password, they can probably figure out what your next password will be. The point is, some people just can't be trusted, and not everyone realizes that. With this, you can still keep your Guildmaster's account and password a secret, yet still have people be online for the Crusades when you can't be, and let people in the guild when you're not on. For example, if there's someone you've been trying to get in your guild for a while now, but you never see them online and the Co-Guildmaster does, the Co-Guildmaster could let them in the guild for you.

Comments/questions/constructive criticism?

It was on the 2nd page, so I just quoted myself. :unsure:

Buy more computers, and abuse the power to log on 2-3 plaers.. I have 2 laptops and 1 tower, i abuse some times..

Stop whine and buy computers !!!

J/k.. :P:p:p

It would be awesome to create a Cogm.., admins should consider this ..

And the co-gm being added doesn't necessarily have to be 20 chr also...but perhaps 100+ or 140 requirement would be necessary.

/addcogm NameHere

already mentioned and pined