Sign in to follow this  
Hunter[GM]

Forum Contest- Design A Magic Spell

Just like the previous contest....but this time we are designing a spell to be used in game.

Please be as complete and DETAILED as you can. Extra points for a graphic or visual.

ONE change in the contest. We will only give out 2nd and 3rd prize, if we have more than 15 entries.

If we have 10-14 1st and 2nd place will be awarded.

Less than 10 entries...just 1 prize

1st place One of each Stone- Zem, Merien, Xelima Stone and 10 super pots

2nd place- 2 zems and 5 super pots

3rd place- 1 zem and 5 super pots

Good luck to all....There is no limit to the number of times you may enter.

Contest ends, next Friday and winners will be announced on Saturday

Come on, NEMESIS...show us your imaginations!

Trance. Requires 120 intelligence, 104 strength

Base mana cost: 100 mp.

A spell designed specifically for bmages, a longer version of Berserk. Lasts 120 seconds.

The point of this spell is to add utility to bmages for hunts. A longer zerk than mages. Since bmages utility for hunts is relatively low, this is a "bone" being thrown to them.

IPB Image

I also have the pak file edited with it (omg pak editor!!!) but no, i don't edit my in game paks :P.

At first: Aresden is under attack by 13 elves. And they took over everything, my thought went like this:

Okay this is it . The most amazing thing has just happen, when i came back from my travel inside the Dungeon lvl 4 ! Then i've had the most powerful magic in my bag. Didnt knew how to use it, but while it were in my bag it worked as a MAD circle. Everyone else that had the magic could come take the madness, and bring it to live.

While i got back from my travel, i thought i would end this horror in Aresden.

I told everyone to get out of the area of the shop, and leave everything to me.. All my town mates laughed at me, and told me i should stfu, and stop acting like a noodle.

I didnt believe my own eyes, and the rage inside me turned into a huge circle with madness.

I was standing inside the circle all alone, and everyone tryed to attack me, they thought they could kill me, but HA, i got them, or did i????

Actually i didnt knew what happen, because there was this guy, that abused my cirle of rage, and made everyone die. But where did he come from? I've heard rumors about this guy. I saw some of his name, and believe it was Liferuiner.

I couldnt rlly believe my own eyes, but it happen.. He killed EVERY single elvine, with his magic..

I asked him which magic it were, and i got that magic staff to, but didnt rlly know how to use it. and when i could use it.. Did i have enough mag/int or?

Well he anwsered this:

LIFERUINER!!!

Int req. 200

Mag req. 200

Wand req. Liferuiner staff ms20/30

While you have used it once, you have to wait 4 hours, before it work again

This magic is the most powerfull magic ingame. It kills every single elvine/aresden in 1 hit. It doesent work on monsters cause else you could get mass rare itenz.

This is how the staff looks like:

IPB Image

IPB Image

This is the picture, where Liferuiner used his magic, and killed all those ! :o, i still wonder how i survived?

spell: Consecutiveness

mana cost: 47 mana

int cost: 65

Spell to enhance warrior damage. Can be casted with Berserk magic but does not allow Magic Protection or Arrow protection spells with it (is like pfm+zerk but consec. taking pfms place). The Visual effect is similar with Great Defence Shield but the colour is green.

Casting consecutiveness gives warrior a possibility to hit consecutively raising damage (cad +7 max) with hes weapon for 60 seconds.

Example of usage: raiders chasing their targeted player and warrior gets berserk+consecutiveness and raiders keep chasing the target. Target gets paralyzed and the chasing warrior runs out of crits but because of consecutiveness the damage stays high enough to make alot damage to the targeted player.

Dark Strike

visual effect: amp + armor break, and a black poison effect over the person head

int required: 130

mana cost: 80

6th circle

drop from liches

this magic its a 1x1 square magic wit half hp of paralyze, when u hit the spot and ur hit prob. wins the guy mr, it shows a symbolic -1 so u know u hit him, when u hit the person,he gets blind for 25 seconds wich means that he will have a black screen and will be able to be bumped by trees and buildings

IPB Image

IPB Image

Absolute Physical Protect (APP)

this spell has the same mana, int cost and the same 1min long like AMP

the effect is bassically the same, but only absolutelly protects u from physycal attacks

u cant use it with pfm/amp/pfa

IPB Image

name= Boost

mana cost = 150

int req = 195

abbility = gives character a speedy getaway increasing there speed 30% for only 10seconds,

visual effect = inverted armor break (blacky grey)

This spell would be great for mages stuck in tough situations and need to get outa where they are.

name= Freeze field

mana cost = 126

int req = 170

length of spell = 30seconds

abbility = casts a blue cloud kill sized feild which slows the opossing enemy down by 75% untill out of the effected feild.

This spell would be great for large monster spawns or slowing down those runners (LOL)

IPB Image

Hell Fire**:

Fire Element Spell.

Int Requirement: 190 and is located in Circle 10

Cost To Purchase: Cannot be purchased from Wizard Tower.

Mana Cost: 170

Area: 3*2

Limitations: Peirces PFM, but not AMP. This spell is affected by Necklace of Fire Protection and Necklace of Efreet. This spell cannot be used in Druncian City due to being completely under water, furthermore, this spell has a 10% damage reduction during heavy rain.

Effects: This spell heats the steel armor of its victims, making them impossible to wear; this spell has a 10% chance of stripping ALL armor off the enemy. It also has a 5% chance of heating the handle of the enemies weapon and stripping it.

Drops From: Fire Wyvern, Demon, Gargoyle, Abbadon.

** Not found in Wizard Tower, player must find the manual.

IPB Image

Description/Story:

Since the first spell was uttered many moons ago, the elements were the basis of the most devastating attacks. Fire, the most difficult element to harness. Meteor Strike was considered the ultimate in fire element spells, however the flickering heat of the flames were addicting, and the search for even more powerful spells continued...

A magician dressed only in black, a sign of the disownment from his home town Aresden sat in exile in the barren lands of Infernia. With rivers made of lava, volcano's towering the land and beasts that breathed fire, he was exiled in hell.

Revenge became his only reason for living, he lived to see his home, the town that exiled him, Aresden engulfed in flames. Studying the element of fire he became adept in controlling and harnessing the the flames around him.

Awoken one day by hunters looking for the legendary Fire Wyverns that dwelled there, he laughed in their faces as he interrupted their hunt he whispered to himself, whilst his enemies looked confused "Embrace the power of fire..." his palms begun to glow red and fire circled his feet, "HELL FIRE!!" he screamed waving his hands and thrusting them to the sky...

Once the smoke had settled all that remained were the steel of their armors and the evil cackling of a treacherous magician.

Crop Wall

Int.req: 130

Price: 31 000 can bought from wizard tower.

Mana cost: 89 mana points.

Area: 1*5

Crop wall is used to block ppl while escaping from enemy, works like fire wall, but it wont make dmg at all, it just block ppl. Crop Wall will dissappear after 30 secs, every crop has also 200hp so they can destroy by magic and physical dmg also, but every needs to attack 1 by 1 expect with magic dmg with does dmg to more that 1*1 area. Every single crop has also pa and ma, which will be diced between 0-35% for both pa and ma.

Ss of spell when it has casted on to ground:

IPB Image

Entangle

Requirements: 100-130 CHR + 100+ STR.

This was used in another server and it was absolutely amazing. It was paralyze that could go through PFM and would last an additional 30 seconds longer than normal paralyze. The mana cost would have to be pretty high (150ish or maybe more) but it's a great spell that adds a lot of interesting aspects into PvP.

Spell name = Ethernal Form

Mana Cost = 100.

Req INT = 160.

Only Droppabel by Ettins , Demons and Gargoyles.

Description:

This spell puts the person under the effect of Ethernal plane walk.

Whic makes him/her invisible to all living things for 30 sec.

Also it cannot be detected by anything.

Spell will break if wearer uses any spells or physical harm.

Spell Name: Hallucination

Int Req: 200

MP Cost: 200

The spell would only be found in Aresden/Elvine Garden. Instead of being a manual,

it would be a mushroom that you would eat to learn the spell. it would only grow when

its raining, and would only appear for a few minutes a day/week.

The spell would cause the person it was casted on to hallucinate, so instead of seeing one person

attacking you, there would be 3 mirrors/copy's of the caster, they would do no damage and have half

the Hp of the caster and would last 30 secs. they would mirror everything the caster does, and only the

person it was casted on would see the 3 fakes.

How About a longer para spell that hast the same hit % but just a longer paralysis and require 125 int and used 95 magic points can call it DEATH TRAP or maybe 4 PARAS THAT ARE INVISIBLE to opposing towns that you could set like boobytrap it would look like the para spell but would stay the for 90 seconds

or a cool spell could be transform and you could turn into a rabbit to hide

Rupture

Required INT: 195

Gold cost: 95k

Mana cost: 150

The only protection to this is AMP. Go through PFM.

The target of this magic will bleed for 60 seconds, if he stay in the place standing up, the magic wont do nothing, but if he runs it will do: { [ Magic (caster) / 2 ] - Magic (target) } * step (target).

IPB Image

The magic only affect the target when he is running.

Note* This only will work to cast in war's. Not much effect in mage's.

If want to have effect in mage's must remove the { [ Magic (caster) / 2 ] - Magic (target) } * step (target).

Mass-Paralyze

Int Req:150

MP Cost:80

Area:3x3

Paralyzes everyone in a 3x3 ratio, as regular para, wont go through pfm.

Debilitation

Int Req: 200

MP cost: 100

Area: 1x1

Reduces STR for 40 seconds, from 10 to 100.

Strong-Wind

Int Req: 100

MP Cost: 50

Area: 3x3

Bumps player 3 squares back.

Mass-berserk (As mentioned above)

Int Req: 59

MP Cost: 80

Serk that last x2

****Even if these spells place or win pass the reward down the chain to 2nd and 3rd or so on. *****

me thinks it is almost time to break out the 3rd edition spell books and see what could translate into a game cleanly (oh wait that has been done by every other rpg out there)

Point to Point teleport. (Bamf)

Source: Slide spell (ad&d)

circle 5.

cost 50 sp

int 100

click spell click target spot, if spot is a ligit square you bamf. perfect spell for getting out of the gardeners trap and breaking the agro of a monster train.

Point to No point Transfer (poof)

Source: Fly wing (ragnarok)

Spell level 4

cost 25

int 50

Click spell and poof your in another location on the same map random set point location. great for breaking garden wall and the agro of monsters. the poof points are already set on most maps as waypoint locations this is just a spell that harnesses them.

there I even quoted sources so no one could comeback with the ohhh that is this from this game. Come on folks the Idea is what would make Helbreath Nemesis Better, and if it is a spell that has been done before else where so what if it is done right here then it is something that can only add to the flavor that is nemesis. And not everyone got to play on some of the places some of these spells came from before those places had vanished. So a couple of these ideas could be honestly fresh. (heck I know one of those spells listed above is a remake of one of the spells I myself created for an earlier contest back on neme1 but then the neme1 forums are either picked over or preferely gone by now so let it stand as that persons new idea.)

by the Tussin DM works great on those nasty coughs.

advanced recal

int 64

mana cost 70

you cant take any dmg. for 10 sec prior to casting

once you cast you get a drop down menu w/ diff. recal points

North, south, shop, city hall.

thus you can recal to where u want in town instead of casting

recall 20 bleeeeeeeeping times.

i hate the normal recal. :angry:

I support the bmage idea,

let nemesis be known for having a 3rd class besides just war and mage.

couple original idea for spell, specificly for bmage build:

Poison Enchant:

Req Str: 130 Req dex:100 Reqmag:130 Req int:67

mana cost = 70ish

enhance your weapon with poison damage.. somewhere from 35-50PD sounds good.

lasts 30 or 60seconds. Can be overlapped with zerk, caster only.

Magic Enchant:

same requirements. mana cost =80ish

Boost MR by 30-50 for 60seconds, can be used with PFM PFA AMP Zerk, affects caster only.

Earth Storm:

same requirements. mana cost 80ish

Same graphic as earthworm strike, 50-70dmg and stuns the target for 0.5seconds.. this idea is not original, and actually is used in one of the japanese private server I know of, it's pretty interesting. doesn't go through PFM.

Concentration:

same requirements. mana cost 60ish

target regenerats their criticals faster by 200%. lasts 60seconds very slight or no appearance affect and overlaps with any other spells.

Shadow walk:

same requirements. mana cost 45ish

just an enhanced version of invisible, lasts 60seconds, but with this enemy can't see your footstep even if your running, and even when your running the walking sound file is applied.

Drain Enchant:

same requirements. mana cost 90ish

another enchant spell.. enchants your weapon for 60seconds,

every hit you do drains certain amount of mana. Not too much of drainage though.

caster only.

I really think a 3rd class, battlemage being a support type of class with these kind of not so deadly but

more like nice to have around in a team kinda spells.

Spell name: Fatigue Movement

Effect: Removes a players ability to run for 15 seconds. Doesn't go through PFM. Players dont loose stamina, they are just unable to run.

Area: 1x1

Int req: 172

MP cost: 150

Circle: 9

Price: none, spell is only lernt by Manual. Droped (Rare) by Beholder, Liche, Master Mage Orc, TW and Abaddon.

In a certain way, its similar to InhibitionCasting but instead of loosing the ability to cast spells you wont be able to run. :P

It would look like Ilussion Movement or MIM. Acctually it would be the exact same sprite but painted green (Revi pot Color). Im at work atm :blush: so i cant post any pics of it, maybe i have time when i get home.

SheildProtect

Int Req: 156

Mp Cost: half from the mana u have.. if u have 800 it will cost 400 and so on...

its a magic when u use it u dun have deffence.. but the warriors/mages attacking u then each attack will decrease their hp/stamina/mana by half like xelima works.. pretty good spell i think hehe i would like it in game :P

pick me hunter i want zems :P

Trolls Blessing -

Increases hp by 91 for 120 seconds. Same as hp recovery item.

Requirements - Int 65, Mag 100, Vit 100

Mana cost: 20

Duration: 120 seconds

Meditation -

Increases mana regeneration by 91 for 120 seconds. Same as mp recovery item.

Requirements - Int 65, Mag 100, Vit 100

Mana Cost: 20

Duration: 120 seconds

Perfect Healing -

Requirements Int 67, Mag 100, Vit 100, Str 100

Mana Cost: 75

Increases targets hp by 200.

Duration: Instant

Complete Healing

Requirements Int 127, Mag 200, Vit 100, Str 100

Mana Cost: 150

Completely heals targets hp.

Duration: Instant

Just a quick down and dirty list of things that are needed that will turn the BMage class into something actually functional in a party, a healer/buffer.

spell name: Earthquake

circle: 9th

area of effect: 4x4

dmg: 50-100 with 200 mag

mana cost: 130

duration: 3-5

effect: every char in the mentioned area cant move or cast for 3-5 seconds and his screen keeps shaking, but to dont become a easy target to lyzes he keeps flying while the effect remains

how to get: u must go to the middle of earth where unknown monsters live and kill thousands of them to get manual

IPB Image

IPB Image

ps: ( enjoy my lag xD )

Spell Name: Hail of Arrows

Circle: 10th

Area of Effect: Same area as Blizzard

Damage: Slightly more Dice Damage than Blizzard

Mana Cost: 170

Price: None, only learned from Manual. Dropped (Rare) by Liche, Demon, Unicorn, Abaddon.

Description: Instead of giant icicles raining down, it's arrows shooting across the screen. Goes through PFM and AMP, but does not go through PFA. The defense of the character/monster being hit affects how much it hits. This spell won't do as much against warriors, but it will rip up mages. Defense Shield and Great Defense Shield affect it. PA affects it instead of MA.

Spell Name: Nasty Gloves

Description: A rare scroll dropped by monsters. Can be used only 3 times than it dissapear from your 3rd spell circle. By activating it on yourself when touching a enemy you make him strip imediately from all his armors and unable him to wear it for amount of 30 secs. :P

Spell: Resurrection

Requirements: 185 INT or so.

Mana cost: 200

Limitations: Can only use once every 20 minutes.

If casted on a dead player, the player can be revived and will be revived at 1/4 or 1/2 HP. Can only be used once every 20 minutes though so use wisely.

I think this spell can be either droppable and somewhat rare or even purchasable because it doesn't give THAT much of an advantage in PvP...not IMO at least. And it's not a dmg spell.