Sign in to follow this  
Dilr0y

Quests

Quests need to be...different. Or at least changed slightly. In most MMORPGs, you quests are more rewarding (usually giving you experience) and not so BORING. Quests in HB have always sucked and have never really been fun. People only do them because they HAVE to for contribution points. Why not make them more fun and more optional rather than mandatory and also more rewarding?

Also...a quest involving some story where you need to help some adventurer (who can be a clickable NPC) who gives you directions to slay a certain monster...like he is in danger and it will free him of his soul I DON'T CARE just maybe some depth and character into quests would be a really good idea.

Make it so grinding is not the backbone in getting your levels in experience. Spending hours upon hours upon HOURS or even days in PITS, usually THE SAME PIT...can get very tedius and repetetive and boring. So why not *censored*in' up the quest-factor of the game? If this is easy to implement into the server then I think this is a valid suggestion and most people I think would agree with me.

It's a great suggestion. It's also a bit of work to implement. We are very very busy with some implementations at the moment. No time for this yet.

Keep the suggestion around we'll come to it... eventually

Also kind of a complaint for the current quests we have...one I am on is kill 20 frog in ML dungeon...well I searched the entire dungeon and only found 2 to kill....that's pretty terrible.

yeah some of the quests are lame, it took me 5 days and 3 majs to kill 20 ettins in SW, some just are no bueno.

but once the mods get some time to modify the quests i would be more than happy to work with them and write some quests w/ storylines.

and w/ said quests instead of giving the players exp. make the rewards better.

simple quests for gold

maybe some tougher quests for super pots

and possibly a few very hard quests to get stones, or instead of players having to change thier stats to

get both dk sets let us get dk items through (these would not be bound)

well maybe one day hb quests will be fun.

It would be nice if they gave u more exp, the killing of 20 frost's quest only gives you 14k exp. I think should be around 50-100k or somthing

Yes i think quest should be more rewarding , or now with the gold how it is, more finacial

Yes doesnt have 2 be at the top of your hard working GMs and Coders(Jaapy) just a sujestion being thrown out there.

Also kind of a complaint for the current quests we have...one I am on is kill 20 frog in ML dungeon...well I searched the entire dungeon and only found 2 to kill....that's pretty terrible.

Hehe yes, is annoying.... you need to kill everything on a map and wait Frog or w/e to respawn xD

That is why i usually make the Quests from low lvls like killing snakes/scorps and then the ones at 180.

It would be nice if they gave u more exp, the killing of 20 frost's quest only gives you 14k exp. I think should be around 50-100k or somthing

You do the Quests because of the Contribution points, not the rewards. In a low exp server some quests are really hard, but here the Frost[pit] quest is really easy to do with a war. So, getting 100k exp + the exp from the Frosts is too much.

however woud be really nice to change some quests, for example change the ones at SW/DV and move the quests to Maps where the 2 citys could fight in no raid days like DC.

When i have time i will take a look at the quests.

Quests need to be...different. Or at least changed slightly. In most MMORPGs, you quests are more rewarding (usually giving you experience) and not so BORING. Quests in HB have always sucked and have never really been fun. People only do them because they HAVE to for contribution points. Why not make them more fun and more optional rather than mandatory and also more rewarding?

Also...a quest involving some story where you need to help some adventurer (who can be a clickable NPC) who gives you directions to slay a certain monster...like he is in danger and it will free him of his soul I DON'T CARE just maybe some depth and character into quests would be a really good idea.

Make it so grinding is not the backbone in getting your levels in experience. Spending hours upon hours upon HOURS or even days in PITS, usually THE SAME PIT...can get very tedius and repetetive and boring. So why not *censored*in' up the quest-factor of the game? If this is easy to implement into the server then I think this is a valid suggestion and most people I think would agree with me.

you mentioned not caring if you want your sugestions to be used start caring

please provide much more clear details and then this may be considered