Sign in to follow this  
Guest mamadas

Bug In Priv Pit Arena

Guest mamadas

I was in arena 8 with Gamny, we reserved it at 11 pm ,

about 55 mins later, "Player" appears on arena and 5 mins after it autorecalls us

So we just got 1 hour of priv arena instead of hte 2 hours

player said he reserved the arena too and he didnt get ANY time

Sylvia played my char and reserved a private pit number 6 30minutes ago. 2 minutes ago they all (sylvia,happo, ice and groucho) got Forced out from the private pit.

Is there a way to get my contributions back? I feel like I got scammed 100 contributions.

100 contris for 30min exp in private pit is a very salty price :(

the idea of private pits is very very very nice but losing 100 contris like that is not fun. And it seems to happen to other people as well... :glare:

Sylvia played my char and reserved a private pit number 6 30minutes ago. 2 minutes ago they all (sylvia,happo, ice and groucho) got Forced out from the private pit.

Is there a way to get my contributions back? I feel like I got scammed 100 contributions.

100 contris for 30min exp in private pit is a very salty price :(

the idea of private pits is very very very nice but losing 100 contris like that is not fun. And it seems to happen to other people as well... :glare:

it happen with me =\

not funny ;(

i told this is under test. I need all details as posible to find what is messing the clocks. Rast u own me a pack checking screenshot

I basically cant say anything more what happened. In our time 15:30 (GMT+2) i told Sylvia to reserve a private arena number 6 and it was open like 15:31 our time. I was studying while this happened (i sit in front of comp and read books). At 16:01 our time Sylvia and other guys started to curse in guildchat that what the **** happened they got forced out of the arena. It seems like your reservation is not locked and if someone reservates the same arena you are currently at the whole system gets bugged. We force out and the other gets 0 min time there. Both the guys still lose 100 contributions.

Weird thing. Gotta alarm Jaapy fastly to check this to prevent further cases with this issue. :ph34r:

And what i presume from Rast's comment Rast reserved the same pit number 6 at 16:01 and we both lost 100 contris. (that i of course lost when sylvia reserved the arena at 15:30)

Ive tried to reserve a private pit before and the game has said that the pit is already reserved. So why does it happen with other pits and with others dont? Let Jaapy have a look at this and maybe tell people not to reserve the pits until the bug gets fixed?

Im still saying that private pits are very very very good ideas.

I'm already aware of the issue.

The strange thing is, we didn't (or at least, I didn't) change anything in the arena reservation mechanisms. Arena reservation could have always been this buggy. I think it never really bothered anyone because arena's generally are not very popular and almost no one uses them. I'm sure farjat just added a pit in the arena's map config and I only modified some code changing the gold requirement into a contribution requirement.

Well I already have some ideas on how to fix this, so a fix should be out probably before or in this weekend already. Hang in there, and for now - don't use the private pits.

The strange thing is, we didn't (or at least, I didn't) change anything in the arena reservation mechanisms. Arena reservation could have always been this buggy. I think it never really bothered anyone because arena's generally are not very popular and almost no one uses them. I'm sure farjat just added a pit in the arena's map config and I only modified some code changing the gold requirement into a contribution requirement.

Well I already have some ideas on how to fix this, so a fix should be out probably before or in this weekend already. Hang in there, and for now - don't use the private pits.

Thats exactly what i made. Just arena system is less tested than i believed.

thanks jaapy. howabout our lost contris? or ar we just the victims of this bug and we lose the points ?

Yeah coz 100 points is very annoying to get back by doing quests.

I don't have any power to help you guys with any of that. You all know why..

farjat mentioned somewhere that private pits are in testing right now and that contribution points spent on them are not returned in the event of a bug such as this. Sort of a "try at your own risk" thing I guess. See the topic(s) with the release notes for his post.

So we test the bugs and get screwed?

The pits are nice, leveling goes so fast with a 3 or 4 warrior team.

NO, i cant give the points back at it will make a mess, but i can know what really happened with logs and i plan to rent back for the ppl got the problems. The pits sistem is really under tests, thats also why i added creatures i dont have to worry about drops yet. If u guys want to keep using them until i fix i cant guarrantee u the next points u loose because bug, as i didnt know yet what is failing.

I tryed reserve 1 pit and then i went with other chars a few times and try to get pit to know what is exactly the issue is making the second char to allow reservation but i didnt success. Also i can just close the pits for now but then how i would know what is failing as 30 people testing is much effective than 3 GMs.

Yes the private pits is wonderful.

I spent already 300 contribution. That shuld be 6 hours worth of pit time.. but i only got 5 .

I was in pit other nite (my time) with Ice and KochaKoi..and im sure one hour went missing. But then when i booked again a private pit straight away after this happeneed.. it worked for me (and us) for two hours with no problems.

Althou one thing was strange at the end. I got forced with KochaKoi.. yet my guildsman ChechoO got an extra few mins in my pit... the he got forced..

*ChechoO came in later than us to the pit* Just letting u know details, culd help in fixing or something..This all happened in pit 6.

Guest mamadas

yes arena always messed up itself

I Think this will be hard ot fix since its been there for years

Just Let ppl report this bug, and let other ppl get their contri back and thats it =O

No will not be hard mamadas, just nobody tryed yet!

The way of find a bug is testing, nobody hears players, and players are the best testers!!

From what Zariel Posted we can see an interesting detail that can help.

This used to happen when I would use the arena for PVP events...

I would spend about an hour teleporting 100 people there and then I would begin event and everyone would get auto recalled...

I had to set force recall time first, then set peace mode, and then it would work ok. but I got burned quite a few times first.

We made a big public test today and some issues appears.

1)

i reserved with Lagartija first and when i TP i see i got 99 more minutes in pit, from a begining showld be 120.

2)

I took only 3 tickets and used and ok, but then i let giant-plants to kill me, i restarted, and i was not able to get more tickets. But the Pit 5 was still marked as In Use.

Like restarting, or DCing, i loose the right to get more tickets.

3)

Other ppl told me also, that is like sometimes when u reserve, it only gives u the time that was missing in the Earlyer ppl.

I cant fully fix yet but we getting some ideas.

Maybe we just need to disable the CHARACTER force recall time for this. And made gserver send a force recall to the pit map just like heldenian do when finish when the 2 hurs come and ppl will not be able to tp back if tickets expire.

I leave a new detail Here.

Seems part of this problem is when u use the pits between 10 pm and 2 am server time, cause to day change mess reservations.

I just reserved pit #5 around 2:50pm Pacific Time...It worked fine for me by my self for an hour, then i got "Alright" to go with me and after 10 mins we were forced out.

we each had two tickets when we went in, Alright didnt have any after being forced out, I had one, and tryed using it and it did nothing...just thought I'd post it.

yes last time i used the pit maybe 3 night ago *my time at around 11pm i booked it*

this is about 5 am server time or something.. maybe 6 am. not sure 100% . anyhow.. the point is when the time turned 12 am = 00:00 then about few minutes later when i recall i culdnt buy more tickets. and the ticket which i gave to a war to train with more was no longer valid.