Sign in to follow this  
Kusk1

About Battlemages And Dk Weapons

So, my friend leveled a platemage with 130str. Once he had dinged 180 he got the warrior set like he should, but not the dk flam? Why is this? Yes he has more int than str, but in my opinion he should be allowed the dk flam due to sacrificing a significant amount of stats for it.

My suggestion is that when you type /dkset at lvl 180, you get all the dk items your str allows. This would allow far greater amount of different builds on the server and add to the fun factor and diversity.

PS: Since he already has 130str, can GM give him the dk flam? And if not what is the reason? And do you fellow players have anything against him getting the flam from GM? I think he should get it since he wasn't aware of this. And I wasn't either. I knew you get mage stuff if you have more str than int but I thought you also get the weapon your str allows since it makes perfect sense. He is also fairly new to the server and so far he has enjoyed nemesis greatly, but now hes really pissed off. And ofc losing one player won't hurt the server and I'm sure you don't give a damn but I do since he is my IRL friend...

So I BEG farjat/sexy/hunter, all you big bosses to have some mercy! Show that the GM's really listen the players and are willing to make them feel like home.

Please give some constructive comments on the matter.

PSS: I'm writing this for him since his english isn't top notch :D ( Not pretending that mine is :D )

You can get by yourself :wub:

I built my chara in these way

130str zerk war with full DK set ( DK flam, wand, plate, chain, rapier)

now stats is 130str 67int with DK flam/DK plate.

I will change stats when I got enough 22mj pts. means...

once 97str and 100int (need 11mj pts) , then I will get DK wand and DK chain,also rapier.

after got them, change stats 130str 67int (need 11mj pts again).

:excl: I havent made this yet. in this way Its need damn hard training after 180..zzz Cue NOOB.

another warrior,

130str amp war with DK flam/DK wand.

at 180lvl, my chara was 104str 112int and have extra 26 stat point.

you dont need to set all stats pts, for command /dkset.

so, after you got DK wand, you can set stats to 130str, and then you can get DK sword.

and plate mage,

130str 195int ...hm i can call as "mage"?

at 180lvl, this chara was 130str 129int and have extra 66 stat pts.

well, same as amp warrior.

The true is that u should have get it auto but its not giving.

And ppl already trained magestics to do moves and i cant put it on auto now because its unfair for the others.

so im lost with this.

give me some ideas please.

The true is that u should have get it auto but its not giving.

And ppl already trained magestics to do moves and i cant put it on auto now because its unfair for the others.

so im lost with this.

give me some ideas please.

for me, change is not an unfair thing.

while my lvling for mj pts, I got also some good drops and fun time.

(well, sometimes killed by elvs. that was sux XD)

i think auto giving DK flam when STR >= 130 is good change.

Farjat thanks for reading this and taking it into consideration! You have a good point that changing the system could piss off some people.

I suggest that you make a poll for it so we can see if the majority agrees with it.

More opinions plx! ;)

que un war tenga un wand dk cuando saca la la dk no da....posta el dkwand rulea feo no gastas un picho de mana..no dropeas..tiene alto hp..se ve re bien jajaa es una masa xD

y si no es justo para los que lo sacaron haciendo majestic y cambiando stats

Well Here is a shot at trying to do a fix that would increase players exploring maps

QUEST for the the pieces.

Use the simple Cordinate Quest system

The city hall guy could say something like,

"I have been hearing strange tales of Monsters in the area <insert Map> around <insert cords> Could you go check it out I could Reward you with this <insert DK item> "

That way the players learn the maps a little better and also get their Choice of DK items (also sets up a way to introduce other DK items) with out making it hard for a lv 180 to go get their armor

looking at the quest coding that would be simpler then trying to get a command like /dkset or an automatic trigger working.

Plus you could have it like for an elvine go to silent woods for your helm go to durican city for your plate, go to death valley for your hat, go to d2 for your burk, go to toh3 for your sword, and so on.

This way players could get a better education on where things are get the set parts they want and everyone is happy.

and since it ties into the 180 quest tree those who already have sets can get the pieces they are missing so less gripes there

and again if you were to release new dk items like dk kite shield or dk Axe that would make the draw even bigger for people to take the quests.

Just a suggestion for you to consider farjat.

err.. isnt dkwand upgradable only if u have 100+ int ? i think it is by default. just put dkwand on sale to bs. make 0 wand ms20 and +2 ms28 as it is now. not only bmages should have it - ampwars as well.

Khelben I love your idea and I fully agree with it. It would indeed be alot more interesting to hunt some badass monster for <insert DK item here> than just typing /dkset.

If it's possible to create this kind of quests ( I don't know anything about coding and stuff ), it would be great!

Dk wand isn't supposed to be a warrior item, yet there is a way of getting it: changing stats with mgtk points.

First thing, like radamantys said, it would be unfair for people that already did the mgtk stat change to get it. Second, if people want the wand so bad, then grind for it <_< .

Its pretty annoying that when someone has a problem with a certain char, they suggest and idea that would be unfair to a lot of people, and would change everyone's game play...

...if u want the dam wand, then get ur *censored* into a pit and train for hours like everyone else did, don't expect a "special treatment" just cause u made a certain type of char....

I agree with King ..

My stats are totaly fked up right now, cause i wantet dk wand and dk sword.

It would be unfair just to make some sort of trade for him to get dk wand also.

As king said, we build our own char, and we knew how to do the producere to get both DK weapons.

Keep up training

Dk wand isn't supposed to be a warrior item, yet there is a way of getting it: changing stats with mgtk points.

First thing, like radamantys said, it would be unfair for people that already did the mgtk stat change to get it. Second, if people want the wand so bad, then grind for it <_< .

Its pretty annoying that when someone has a problem with a certain char, they suggest and idea that would be unfair to a lot of people, and would change everyone's game play...

...if u want the dam wand, then get ur *censored* into a pit and train for hours like everyone else did, don't expect a "special treatment" just cause u made a certain type of char....

este pibe sabe.......

I agree with King ..

My stats are totaly fked up right now, cause i wantet dk wand and dk sword.

It would be unfair just to make some sort of trade for him to get dk wand also.

As king said, we build our own char, and we knew how to do the producere to get both DK weapons.

Keep up training

makes mjp first :glare: :glare:

King!! why all the anger :blink:

And it was about the dk flam not wand in the first place.

I agree it would be unfair to just hand the flam to him, thats not an option. I now think the same that he just *censored*ed up his stats ( A mistake yes but what you gonna do ) and he has to change them like everyone else. But the current system for dk items is somewhat flawed like farjat said. I just hope to fix it without it being "unfair to a lot of people" like you said. Everyone's gameplay would change yes, but in a good way. Even though I have no idea how to do it :rolleyes:

PS: I'm not expecting special treatment for him. Maybe at start I kinda hoped for it but it was stupid and would be wrong towards everyone else.

Still, keep bringing up the good ideas and don't get so emotional...

I agree it would be unfair to just hand the flam to him, thats not an option. I now think the same that he just *censored*ed up his stats ( A mistake yes but what you gonna do ) and he has to change them like everyone else. But the current system for dk items is somewhat flawed like farjat said. I just hope to fix it without it being "unfair to a lot of people" like you said. Everyone's gameplay would change yes, but in a good way. Even though I have no idea how to do it :rolleyes:

PS: I'm not expecting special treatment for him. Maybe at start I kinda hoped for it but it was stupid and would be wrong towards everyone else.

Wand, flam, same way of getting it: changing stats. The gameplay isn't flawed, its perfect.

People that want to make hybrid characters should know that its takes a lot more time to get gear according to their setup.

"Bmage" is not a game class, but a player made class. That means it has to get its gear by player's work not server's work.

And its not anger, its just, many bmages have managed to get all their items without asking for a change, cause when they made their chars, the knew what they were into. A change is not needed.

I understand your request, its clear that your friend didn't know how the sistem worked, so he assumed he would get both items...but, at least in my opinion, though its sad, its best to learn the hard way...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I can suggest, is a pinned post in general forum about how to get the dk items, clearly saying how it would work on a character depending on its stats. This will help new players not to get confused with this again (most of us oldies alrdy know how it works)

I suggest adding it to this guide (only info missing)

Yet, GMs might consider reseting ur friend's stats, since he actually didn't know about this, and there is no actual explanation. :wacko:

I had to fk up my stats cause then i could get the flame and wand at the same time ..

You need more STR. than INT. to get DK sword

You need more INT. than STR. to get DK wand.

Not everyone that knows that, but it is that simple.

If you want DK plate you shall atleast have 100 STR. Else you get DK chain mail.

It is very simpel, but there is no form for information/guide about this..

MAybe there should or??

Claro nando pero en el caso puntual del flaco este fijate que tiene 130 str de entrada y no le da la Flame!!

A que queres que cambie los puntos si ya tiene 130 str!

Kusk1 he got dk rapier?

If he has more INT than str then yes then he gets DK rapier.

Even if you have 130 str, you still get DK rapier

Some exampels here:

Str 130

Vit 126

Dex 200

Int 131

Mag 10

Chr 10

^ This will result in DK wand and DK rapier

Str 131

Vit 126

Dex 200

Int 130

Mag 10

^ This will result in DK Sword

Str 99

Vit 157

Dex 200

Int 130

Mag 10

Chr 10

^ This will result in DK chain mail

Str 100

Vit 156

Dex 200

Int 130

Mag 10

Chr 10

^ This will result in DK plate mail

Claro nando pero en el caso puntual del flaco este fijate que tiene 130 str de entrada y no le da la Flame!!

A que queres que cambie los puntos si ya tiene 130 str!

Kusk1 he got dk rapier?

Es q para q te de la flam tenes q tener mas str q int (va asi era antes almenos). La idea de un bmage es hacer un char 130 str y 112 int y salvar los puntos ata 180, hacer el /dkset, y luego sumarte los puntos :P

Lo q yo digo, es q al flaco le resetees las stats asi las puede setear de nuevo (seteando solo a str primero), sacar el dk, y q luego termine de sumar los puntos.

Hay algo en lo q concuerdo, el pobre pibe tampoco tenia idea de como era la cosa, x q recien buske en el foro y no hay post q indique como es bien el tema del dk set, la mayoria lo sabemos pero mucha gente nueva no :unsure: , asi q kisa ayudarle un poco no estaria mal, pero en lo referente a la forma de obtener el dk set, me parece q tendriamos q dejarlo como esta ^_^ , y poner bien claro en el foro como es el proceso de como obtenerlo :P

King!! I understand your point. Perhaps reworking the system would be too much of a hassle afterall. Maybe I was abit harsh saying it's "flawed", it's more like "Not-as-polished-than-I-personally-wish" :D

But this thread has served its purpose very well since it has gathered a lot of opinions.

Farjat I dunno what weapon he got. The wand at least.

And I agree with Miraj maybe there should be some info somwhere regarding your stats and the dk items you're gonna get with them.

One more question for all you bmages who had to *censored* up your stats: IF you didn't make your bmages yet, would you like the system where you get the weapon your str allows, no matter how much int you have?

Just a question!

PS: I'm leveling a bmage too :blink:

Es que los DKs si estan originales pero el proceso de obtenerlos no.

Con 130 str le deberia dar la flame igual ya que tiene la str.

Osea en ese caso putual deberia darle los 2.

La gente que mueve puntos no se queda con esos stats o no se queda con los anteriores. Por eso hacen la movida. Pero este de por si si bien son stats que no nos gustan el los eligio..

La verda mucho no lo se pero me parece que nunca t da las dos cosas al mismo tiempo.

Como dice nando te da o la dk wand o la dk sword no las dos cosas.

Siempre fue asi. La idea de tener las dos cosas me parece que tiene que costar.

En este caso en particular no importa si tenes 130 str ya que seguro tiene mas int. Teniendo 199 str y 200 int sale el wand.

No es cuestion de cuanto nesecita para sacar la dk sino cual de los dos es mas alto. No c si eso es normal pero es lo que pasa.

there is an even easier way of doing it to get the flame + wand, although it requires a bit of intelligent thinking

take 104 str, and 112int at lvl 180.

leave enough unspent stat points to raise ur str to 130.

when u are 180. goto the city hall. /dkset

get ur wand

spend stat points on str to 130.

/dkset

now u have flame.

have nice day.

thx

(PEEP) (ares dk flame / dk wand bmage)