Sign in to follow this  
wutafreek

Fps Cap.

I'm proposing an idea for the admins to think about, and that's putting in an FPS cap.

For one thing, it would get rid of people using speed hacks or computer modifiers to make themselves able to run faster than everyone else. For another thing, it would even out the playing field a bit more for people with slower computers.

It's rather annoying when a low vit PL Blizzer can outrun you while frozen when you have low detail on and sound off, and absolutely nothing else running on your computer but Helbreath. <_<

Now I'm not saying to put it really low, just low enough so it affects the people that outrun everyone even while frozen, like my above example.

Just an idea to think about, and if the admins don't know how to do such a thing, there may be someone I can ask about it if they're interested.

If the admins don't like the idea, then that's perfectly fine. It just gets a bit annoying sometimes. :rolleyes:

Guest Kwisatz

I'm proposing an idea for the admins to think about, and that's putting in an FPS cap.

What's an FPS cap?

You know the /showframes command on other servers? That shows your Frames Per Second (FPS), which is basically how fast you move/see things moving. The higher your FPS is, the faster you can run. If you've ever noticed one person outrunning a group of people, you'll see what I mean.

sounds like somthing thatd be a nice feature wuta.

was watching a few fights in ars today and they were nice and even

well done godafther guild for nice clean fighting ,and nice to have adversaries that dont feel the need to drag the global channel chat down to gutter level.

still a few hours left ....... shame about the start of the day with no sade but been a good day on server nether the less.. shame i was afk 95% of it

Interesting... I'm all for this if there are no drawbacks to instituting this. However, lorraine or farjat would need to approve it, install it, etc. I hope they read this and think about it.

Guest bateador

You know the /showframes command on other servers? That shows your Frames Per Minute (FPS), which is basically how fast you move/see things moving. The higher your FPS is, the faster you can run. If you've ever noticed one person outrunning a group of people, you'll see what I mean.

Is the frame rate and is not Frames Per Minutes! is for seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub: :wub:

This idea has been suggested at this server and at a lot of servers... of course is a wonderfull idea. (Same if everyone could play with the same delay...)

None Admins could or wanted to set this... (I think it is near to imposible to make this..)

Also remember that we were "whinning" 2 years about the "cast bug" because an anti-cast hack program was setted... think about if the "Fps cap limit" bug the entire game..